Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pratia II

Default Re: Pratia II

Yes and that's why it has been somewhat nerfed.
    The fact that I do have this ability is not in question though, if I didn't, you'd be dead.

But I cannot understand how anyone could think I could have this ability and still be scum. What kind of mafia player would revive their own kill target? What kind of host would give a lone mafia player the ability to revive townies? That just doesn't make any sense.

Is this how desperate you are Ishmael?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    What kind of host would give a lone mafia player the ability to revive townies?
    Zain.
    Last edited by edse; 11-06-2013 at 16:14.

Yes and that's why it has been somewhat nerfed.
    The fact that I do have this ability is not in question though, if I didn't, you'd be dead.

But I cannot understand how anyone could think I could have this ability and still be scum. What kind of mafia player would revive their own kill target? What kind of host would give a lone mafia player the ability to revive townies? That just doesn't make any sense.

Is this how desperate you are Ishmael?
    Perhaps he is, he knows if lynched town will lose. After all he is sure he isn't the killer. Ishmael, if you are not sure, please tell us!

Ask yourself this, if you were mafia, would you be able to cause this confusion if you didn't revive your own victim? :P

What makes sense in this game? A nerfed scanner or a super doctor? First Pratia game was 6, six years ago! Can you say this is a rushed game, made from nothing in a few hours?
    returning to the shadows.....

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Reality check:

IF the mafioso survives the lynch, 3 players remain.

IF the power townie who claims to have protection or revival abilities also survives, and the mafia's kill tonight is unsuccessful, the mafia will be left with two other people to contend to next day phase.

Here are the possibilities:
    1. Mafia is lynched today; Townie Victory
    2. Townie is lynched today; Mafia attack is blocked or unsuccessful; Mafia lynched tomorrow; Townie Victory
    3. Townie is lynched today; Mafia attack is blocked or unsuccessful; Any Townie lynched tomorrow; Mafia Victory
    4. Townie is lynched today; Mafia attack is successful; Mafia Victory
    5. Power Townie is lynched today; Mafia attack will be successful; Mafia Victory

Here is the updated vote tally and the timer again:

Ferret: 2 (Ishmael, edse from post #217)
    Ishmael: 1 (Ferret)
    edse: 1 (autolycus)

Time Remaining:

Get it together people!
    Last edited by Zain; 11-06-2013 at 22:46. Reason: added option 3

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Reality check:

IF the mafioso survives the lynch, 3 players remain.

IF the power townie who claims to have protection or revival abilities also survives, and the mafia's kill tonight is unsuccessful, the mafia will be left with two other people to contend to next day phase.

Here are the possibilities:
    1. Mafia is lynched today; Townie Victory
    2. Townie is lynched today; Mafia attack is blocked or unsuccessful; Mafia lynched tomorrow; Townie Victory
    3. Townie is lynched today; Mafia attack is blocked or unsuccessful; Any Townie lynched tomorrow; Mafia Victory
    4. Townie is lynched today; Mafia attack is successful; Mafia Victory
    5. Power Townie is lynched today; Mafia attack will be successful; Mafia Victory

Get it together people!
    You just love scaring people don't you
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    You just love scaring people don't you
    Haha, yehh

It has to be Ferret. The "reviving" ability is just to twist our heads around.

unvote: vote: Ferret

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    It has to be Ferret. The "reviving" ability is just to twist our heads around.

unvote: vote: Ferret
    I don't know what to think any more but this makes me laugh, hard!

This is absurd.

Never before have I seen the town spurn a guaranteed win to instead lynch its best asset.

This is absurd.
    Nobody can argue with that.

I apologize for the delay (10 hours ) Real life got in the way of doing the write-up last night. I'm on it!

Day/Night Phase 6 Write-ups

The kind gray eyes of Ripley Tasker (Ferret) watched on as the people surged in an uproar. His left eyebrow contained a rather large scar from his childhood, an event he had no recollection of.

His name began to become more and more prevalent, eventually being chanted by the crowd. Cameron Cavanaugh gave the sign and the able-bodied started the search for their convicted. The hunt did not take long, for Ripley did not fight against them. They brought the gray bearded man to his knees next to Cameron, in the center of the entire Mobilian population. With 205 people shouting his name, and being stared down by their empowered leader, Ripley almost felt celebrated although the attention terrorized him.

Set on his knees, hands bounds, Ripley awaited the end peacefully. His years had been long and full...

"Silence!" Cameron commanded of his people. They slowly came to a quiet stillness, watching the two men. Cameron glared down at Ripley, never breaking the connection. "You have been accused of murder, your punishment is death!"

Ripley did not cry, he did not struggle, and he simply closed his eyes. Without much delay a bullet was sent through his skull, and his death was swift.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After nightfall the remaining 206 Mobilian citizens and soldiers alike slept, but not in the same fashion. They were uneasy, expecting to hear a scream and to see bloodshed. Yes, they had executed their prime subject, but this was the fourth time they have gone through with a supposed "successful trial". Quite frankly, they were losing faith in their system.

Logan Adair (Ishmael), one of the last true soldiers remaining of the Mobilian military, lay awake staring into the blackness of the old ceiling above him. His hands were behind his head, elbows out, legs crossed, you wouldn't think this man even knew about the recent murders.

His reality began to slip, random thoughts coming more powerfully, his eyes growing heavier. He had decided he wanted to lay awake but appear asleep until something happened, hopefully nothing.

A disciplined soldier, he held on for a very long time and right before the dawn he fell asleep.

Right before the dawn, a knife entered his neck. He woke up for the last remaining seconds of his life, eyes wide, gasping silently for breath as his lungs filled with blood. His murderer whispered in his ear, "Pratia's upon you with the sunrise and you will all perish. No Mobilian will be allowed refuge. See you in Hell."

Then Logan died, asphyxiated by his own blood from a well-placed wound set by a Prater spy, Hayden Matthews.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hayden Matthews (edse) stood over Aaron Anduin (autolycus) as he slept. Bloodlust grew evermore in the man's heart as he stared down at the only remaining descendant of Areos Anduin. Aaron was not on the list provided to him by his superiors, he had no real reason to kill him, but this man's vendetta for the eradication of the Mobilian people was shallow by comparison to his desire to wipe out the Anduin name.

He stooped down over the boy, contemplating the cruelest way he could kill him quietly. After deciding a hand over his mouth and a knife through the eye would suffice, he noticed a small stream of light creeping up towards them. He looked at the wall and noticed a small crack and the hint of the sunrise.

His orders were to eliminate the “potential threats” and hand the rest over to the army on the seventh morning. He looked back at Aaron, sleeping peacefully, knowing full well that if he didn’t leave now he could get caught in the crossfire. Anger rose, he did not get the chance he wanted. He wanted to watch Aaron die, torture him, feel his agony and bask in it. The man bent down and whispered in the boy’s ear, “You will suffer. I promise. My brothers are here.”

Pratia was upon Mobile once again, initiated by an explosion sending the large steel doors of the outpost flying. The massacre had begun…

Explanation:

Lynch - Ripley Tasker (Ferret)
    Kill - Logan Adair (Ishmael)

Survived - Aaron Anduin (autolycus)
    Mafia - Hayden Matthews aka Michael Engels (edse)

(Game Over: Complete Mafia Victory)

The story is not over, find out what happens here at Pratia III. Be part of the final effort to rescue to Mobilian race from their brutal destiny.

edit:

This game was full of twists and turns! I am open to questions and I'm sure edse wouldn't mind answering them as well.

Also by request I can do a full in-depth synopsis of this game and what exactly happened to clear up any confusion about how what just happened, actually happened.

Good job everybody! Especially you edse, spectacular job! I really enjoyed hosting this game.
    Last edited by Zain; 11-07-2013 at 15:19. Reason: typo

Member thankful for this post:

So edse attacked himself, didn't he? He wasn't a doctor...

Amazing playing edse, the no kill on N1 was intentional?

I apologize for Ferret's lynching, but it seems the plan wasn't going to work anyway, just spend other day to lynch autolycus with the same ending I guess.

Amazing game Zain, now I'm impatient for the other to begin!

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why didn't I trust my scan?

Anyway, great game. It has been the most enthrilling I have played in a while. Well done edse. Thanks for hosting Zain

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Was certainly an interesting game, thanks for hosting Zain.
    (Would have been nice if my role didn't change half way through though )

edse I just don't even. Did you somehow know I had a revive ability or were you just resigned to defeat and preferred to go out by your own hand? This was certainly the first time I've seen a mafia player attack themselves.

Thanks for hosting Zain! And of course well done edse, for inducing massive levels of confusion with your self-attack. Though as with the others, I wouldn't mind hearing your thought processes there .

Well played, indeed, edse. I'm kicking myself now for not pressing harder on this last day, because I was pretty darn sure it was you.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    So edse attacked himself, didn't he? He wasn't a doctor...

Amazing playing edse, the no kill on N1 was intentional?
    Yes, it was intentional. Mostly too see if any blocker would reveal himself but also too use as argument later (I would never miss a whole night phase but someone else might). I was going to do a no kill night 2 as well to be sure but I was informed about the amount of power roles so I decided to kill.

Was certainly an interesting game, thanks for hosting Zain.
    (Would have been nice if my role didn't change half way through though )

edse I just don't even. Did you somehow know I had a revive ability or were you just resigned to defeat and preferred to go out by your own hand? This was certainly the first time I've seen a mafia player attack themselves.
    I was told on night 2 that there were 3 protectors (That's tres protectores Riedquat) that could self-protect and one reviver (and one scanner but I forgot about that). I couldn't do a failed on myself so I had to trust I would be saved and there wasn't really anything else I could do after day 4. A failed attack on me would have been needed for me to possibly win the game any way and I'm really glad Riedquat sacrificed himself because with two selfprotectors it would have been impossible. (Was Double A the third?). I also didn't have a cover role from the beginning, Michael Engels appeared in the write-ups first after I had claimed the name. I wish I'd done it earlier. (The name was kind of a joke though, Michael the Archangel..., don't know where I got that from.)

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Well played, indeed, edse. I'm kicking myself now for not pressing harder on this last day, because I was pretty darn sure it was you.
    Yes Aaron, I saw that and I was really afraid my late vote switch to Ferret would get me lynched but I guess it was too late. Aaron was actually mentioned in my role pm as someone I would try to kill but I let you survive the last night.

Tres protectores! Who was the other one Zain?

Thank you all for playing!

@Ibn-Khaldun - Being first to be lynched is always a bummer, especially when you're literally just a vanilla townie, but by reading through your posts I can see you truly are a strategic player. Thank you for joining us! It would do my heart some good if you and every other player of Pratia 2 joined me in Pratia 3. There's no doubt going to be strategy, especially in the beginning! Sorry, can't tell you yet.

@Askthepizzaguy - Being the first to be murdered by the mafioso is very frustrating, but it's also a great indication that people find you to be a threat! Thank you for joining up despite your current workload with Resident Evil 2, I understand why you won't be joining us in Pratia 3, but I'll see you on the battlefield.

@Double A - Lincoln Harvey, vanilla townie... you gunned for autolycus the entire game and ultimately your inattentiveness due to a busy lifestyle got the best of you. Can't fault you for doing something ELSE with your life! I do have to admit though, he was acting pretty scummy! Haven't heard from you since your lynch, hope to see you in P3.

@Riedquat - Ryan Cavanaugh himself! Your activity in thread is delightful, I would even reason to argue that you seemed to care more about the fate of the town after you died than anyone else living! Choosing to stop the first lynch was a favorable move and it excites me to know that an individual of your energy will be with us in P3.

@Darth Feather - Captain Johan Battle, my friend I wish I could've bent the rules with you, because like Riedquat your enthusiasm warms my heart but sadly you didn't believe in your own abilities as a 100% investigator (as made clear by your Role PM) and for that the town suffered... But never fear! You played well and in P3 I guarantee we'll all see the same greatness from you.

@Ferret - Fighting through being out of town for an entire week, Ripley Tasker survived, and I am grateful to you for that. Ripley's name came from a random name generator, and after previously discarding it, the name stuck with me and an older Gandalf looking face appeared. You did well with your power role, I am very sorry I wasn't consistent with you. I have carefully evaluated the progress of this game and will keep better care of balancing P3. Your presence, my friend, will honor us there.

@Ishmael - The unlikely survivor until the final day! People literally gunned for you the entire time, but you kept your cool and survived. I raise you up as a player who should have been a survivor of the game along with autolycus, but sadly someone had to go and your name was drawn... It's exciting to see what odds you can beat in P3!

@autolycus - Aaron Anduin, the only townie to be featured in the sequel. You were gunned for the entire game, but just like Ishmael you survived. Your name was called for victory! Your posts all had purpose, and although we were not graced with very many, they all seemed to impact the game with sound logic and a decision. Very noble.

@edse - My mafioso, Hayden Matthews aka Michael Engels! Your play in this game was remarkable and I could not have asked for a better performance! To choose a no kill on Night 1 simply for confusion purposes, to attempt suicide on yourself for strategy, literally making up the name and the false role of protecting Areos' son. I bow to you sir It would destroy me if you chose to abstain from attendance in the finale, I have grown to respect your play. I hope you choose to participate, and more of your greatness may be displayed!

Hopefully you all know me pretty well now as a host, I would love some comments and complaints so as to fine tune your experience. I do this because I love to write, to allow my imagination free reign, and you all help me with that. You are the catalyst that sets this train in motion, and to see the final product in the Pratia - Information Summary and see all that's happened is very entertaining

Once again, well done everybody, Pratia 3 will be guaranteed to keep you on your toes.

If you choose to, this spoiler contains how the beginning of the game will work. Feel free to observe, unless you would rather be surprised.

The first phase, 24-48 hours will be a selection of a liaison for the Mobilian survivors. Directly after that you will be asked a series of questions in thread, discussion amongst the individuals will be pertinent, and a response via pm will be expected after an allotted period of time. This is the mechanic, the story will not be disclosed as of yet.

NO VANILLA TOWNIES

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Tres protectores! Who was the other one Zain?
    Riedquat my friend, you deserve to have this crystal clear for you, I'm sorry my wording was tricky. But... that's how I do things.

1. Yourself - Ryan Cavanaugh, protector through influence as the leader.
    2. Darth Feather - Cpt. Johan Battle, protector through military power and authority. Also a scanner (100%)
    3. Ferret - Ripley Tasker, protector by abilities accumulated through the drifter lifestyle. Also a healer until later in the game.
    Last edited by Zain; 11-08-2013 at 14:10. Reason: added response to Riedquat's question

Member thankful for this post:

You specifically stated: IF there is a mafia in this game. So due to the attack on edse I figured there was not a mafia but some Serial Killer or something.

Also I did say I couldn't protect anyone, but it was out of self-defense (to give the scum no info they didn't need)
    If I would have disclosed later on, Riedquat would probably have pursued me and Ferret (due to role PM)

Thank you all for playing!

Ishmael - The unlikely survivor until the final day! People literally gunned for you the entire time, but you kept your cool and survived. I raise you up as a player who should have been a survivor of the game along with autolycus, but sadly someone had to go and your name was drawn... It's exciting to see what odds you can beat in P3!

Hopefully you all know me pretty well now as a host, I would love some comments and complaints so as to fine tune your experience. I do this because I love to write, to allow my imagination free reign, and you all help me with that. You are the catalyst that sets this train in motion, and to see the final product in the Pratia - Information Summary and see all that's happened is very entertaining

Once again, well done everybody, Pratia 3 will be guaranteed to keep you on your toes.
    Thank you kindly Zain. You hosted an excellent game, I liked the write-ups, and I can say I am eagerly awaiting the third installment. If you'd told me the set-up off the bat I would have been sceptical as to the mafioso's chances, but edse's brilliant gambit(s) paid off. Well played edse; that was quite possibly the best individual scum performance I've ever seen.

You specifically stated: IF there is a mafia in this game. So due to the attack on edse I figured there was not a mafia but some Serial Killer or something.

Also I did say I couldn't protect anyone, but it was out of self-defense (to give the scum no info they didn't need)
    If I would have disclosed later on, Riedquat would probably have pursued me and Ferret (due to role PM)
    Both points are well thought out, strategy is your strong point. I don't blame you for thinking the way you did about edse's suicide attempt, and I certainly don't blame you for hiding your protection abilities. Well thought out, well played

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Thank you kindly Zain. You hosted an excellent game, I liked the write-ups, and I can say I am eagerly awaiting the third installment. If you'd told me the set-up off the bat I would have been sceptical as to the mafioso's chances, but edse's brilliant gambit(s) paid off. Well played edse; that was quite possibly the best individual scum performance I've ever seen.
    Much obliged Sir Ishmael, I give the credit to the players and especially our scummy mafioso himself. The sequel/finale gets bigger every day. You'll see

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was one of the most confusing games I have ever played(but unfortunately it ended too soon for me). And this is a compliment.

Riedquat - Ryan Cavanaugh himself! Your activity in thread is delightful, I would even reason to argue that you seemed to care more about the fate of the town after you died than anyone else living! Choosing to stop the first lynch was a favorable move and it excites me to know that an individual of your energy will be with us in P3.
    You honour me to much, I just hope to be up to the standard in the next game! And is not much my energy, just the free time I have in the office!

Riedquat my friend, you deserve to have this crystal clear for you, I'm sorry my wording was tricky. But... that's how I do things.
    Ahh, I got that right! there were only dos doctores and edse wasn't one of them! I'm stubborn like an old mule sometimes... ehh, usually!

You took the right decision!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    This was one of the most confusing games I have ever played(but unfortunately it ended too soon for me). And this is a compliment.
    Does this mean you'll be joining Pratia 3?

Also, edse!! Waiting on you to join too bud!

edit:
    @Ibn-Khaldun - Join my game, I'll join yours
    Last edited by Zain; 11-09-2013 at 02:45.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678