Thread: New User: Medieval Total War on Windows 7 (64 bits)

Exclamation New User: Medieval Total War on Windows 7 (64 bits)

Hello i am Lord_YlanD !!!

I have to be honest...
    I just signed up to receive a help for MTW on windows 7.

And I have two short questions:

N*1: How i can play Multiplayer /or LAN The Campaign mode in MTW-VI. ???
    -----------------------------//------------------------------

N*2: I have installed MTW-Viking Invasion, I installed MTW-VI but I have this computer.

SONY-VAIO
    Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 2.13 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo)
    Intel PM45
    NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-230M
    height x width x depth (in mm): 38.5 x 341 x 233
    Intel CENTRINO

\i think is this/

... The game itself works fine but when I go to campaign mode the game is very slow (lag).
    If someone could help me a lot I wanted to play this game!
    -----------------------------//------------------------------

Waiting a speed answer
    Last edited by Lord YlanD; 10-30-2013 at 15:13.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: New User: Medieval Total War on Windows 7 (64 bits)

Welcome to the Org, Lord YlanD!

For question #1, unfortunately there is no multiplayer for the campaign, MP battles only. I like to think multiplayer campaigns would have been too epic and life-destroying, so they wisely left that feature out.

For question #2, not sure. Your box should be able to handle MTW easily. Is the game just slow to respond at all times, or is it just slow between loading to and from the campaign/battle map modes?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Thanks for pay attetion...

My pc is just slow when i am in campaign mode (Camera Movement) <<<<<

The loading is very speed and OK !!! :)
    AND THE BATTLE MODE IS VERY GOOD IN GRAPHICS !!! :)

Waiting a speed answer !!
    AGAIN
    Last edited by Lord YlanD; 10-31-2013 at 23:11.

Campaign map camera movement is always slow (but only when you look at your empire) even on the newest PCs. That's how the game was made. The lag (fps drops to about 30 but feels much less) is caused by minimap. There are 3 solutions to this but all not satisfying.

1. Reduce your campaign map resolution to 800x600.
    2.a. Run the Medieval_TW.exe with -ian parameter. It allows to use debug/cheat functions. Press G to see all provinces. Makes camera movement smooth too.
    2.b. Alternatively, you can use .matteosartori. cheat code to see the whole map (without adding -ian parameter).
    3. Run the Medieval_TW.exe with -ian parameter. Press Ctrl+H or Ctrl+I. It disables the whole GUI but makes camera movement smooth again.

It looks like an issue with how the game handles transparency. I'm afraid we can't do much about it.
    Last edited by Stazi; 10-30-2013 at 22:20.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

I will explain...

In campaign map the game goes slow and laggy<< (but i my ex-computer XP it ocurs very good and normal...)

In campaign map the game goes slow and laggy but when i move the camera at same time i have the> Construction Panel
    Open it runs ok... But when i click in the 'X' to close the Construction Panel of the selected country it run laggy again..

I already try -ian parameter, the Ctrl+I disable the minimap and run good, but when i try to recruit or construct some unit or build the cursour leaves a trail and i can't click in them.

Waiting a speed answer !!!
    AGAIN

Sorry about my bad english i am russian :)
    Last edited by Lord YlanD; 10-30-2013 at 22:34.

What resolution are you running the game with? And are you running the exe straight up in Win7, or are you using a compatibility mode?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

I try everything...

In desktop i am running in 1280x1024
    But when i go to the game it changes... And in MTW options it says 800x600 //and// 640x480 .

And not change to fullscreen, soo if you can help in <<<this problem i say: Thank you)

I already try WinXP_Service-Pack(2) /,/ (3) and Win2000,Win98 and disable themes...

Now just the compatibility mode is activate but the laggy continue.

Wating a speed answer
    AGAIN
    Last edited by Lord YlanD; 10-31-2013 at 14:23.

I would recommend running MTW in Win2000 compatibility mode. It probably won't fix your problem, but it can't hurt. On the low video resolutions, you only get those options because the game does not correctly handle system RAM amounts common in today's PCs. She's an old girl, she can't fathom 8GB of RAM. Try Sepheus's fix in this thread, it fakes out the DirectDraw call for system memory queries and should let you go all the way to 1600x1200.

Now i try the Win2000 but its no resulting.

Soo...

Its impossible destroy the slow/laggy camera movement ??
    But i can correct the fullscreen on my Win7

????? :) ??????

----------------//--------------

I try spetheus_fix and i entry in MTW-VI Game but when i try to change the screen
    resolutions its says something like 'the resolution isn't correct' and when i go to campaign map the resolution continous 800x600 and not change to fullscreen

Waiting answer
    Last edited by Lord YlanD; 11-01-2013 at 13:53.