Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pratia III

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default Pratia III

Pratia III

"RUN!!" Aaron Anduin and a small group of others fled in a terrorized panic. Gunshots and blood-curdling screams could be heard from behind them, fueling their legs with fear and driving them further and further away from home.

The screams and sounds of war dissipated in the wind as the distance grew. They stopped next to a small stream amongst the trees, resting their racing hearts and burning muscles.

Michael Engels stood up, neck still bandaged but the wound had been healing remarkably fast, "Is everybody okay?" No one said a word, their entire world had been taken from them, and only the able-bodied had been able to escape successfully.

Michael stooped down, "It's going to be alright, we just need to find shelter near here and lay low. The Praters will leave."

The group rested for a short time and then began their quest looking for shelter. "Michael" lead the way, a smirk on his face and evil in his eyes.

The full synopsis can be read here.

Rules
    Typical mafia rules stand, do not ruin the game by exposing your own role through screenshots or quoting of PM's.
    Also WoG's will take place after any particular player remains inactive for more than 3 days in real time.

Roles
    Roles will remain a mystery, hints will come in regards to what/who is out there through the end-turn write-ups.

Living Players: (5/17)
    @Chief Pappy (2nd role)
    @crys @Chaotix (Replacement)
    @Darth Feather
    @Ibn-Khaldun
    @Makrell

Dead Players: (12/17)
    @autolycus - D2
    @Ferret - D3
    @Chief Pappy - N3
    @edse - D5
    @rickinator9 - N5
    @Lux - D6
    @Riedquat - N6
    @Ishmael - D7
    @crossroad - N7
    @BSmith - D8
    @dcmort93 - N8
    @Visorslash - D9

Complete Town Victory
    Last edited by Zain; 12-09-2013 at 02:19.

Default Re: Pratia III

In please
    Last edited by Lux; 11-05-2013 at 21:00.

New player coming in, a swashbuckler and ulfsark from Norway.

In In In!!! I promise to not suicide again!
    returning to the shadows.....

​IN

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Battle reporting for duty again (although I might not be battle this time.)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Battle reporting for duty again (although I might not be battle this time.)
    Battle is very dead

A new set of victims are being fabricated

I'll play.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Sure, I'll catch the shocking conclushin.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

OMG ININININ
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

I'm horribly confused in Pratia II, but apparently I'm a glutton for punishment. In please!

It's good to see such a response so quickly, I only hope we can keep up this pace until Pratia II ends

Oh and Ishmael, confusion is what I do

edit:

Pratia II has been completed and the background story for Pratia III has been updated. Game will start once I'm satisfied with the number of players. Please advertise to your friends, I'd like to finish out this trilogy with a bang!
    Last edited by Zain; 11-07-2013 at 20:45.

We will need at least 6 pro town power roles this time to get a chance!

Sign-ups are open and will close on Tuesday, November 12th at 9:00PM (GMT-6)
    Time Remaining:

This information has been added to the first post.
    Last edited by Zain; 11-11-2013 at 03:00.

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to make sure this got flagged with a new message so the contenders and possible prospects would check it out.

With each passing day the plan for this game becomes more and more unique, I would say less mafia-esque but still it is essentially a mafia game. The first set of phases will be based around the discovery of an antagonist against the town. The town will need to vote in a liaison to speak for them, and a series of public questions will be asked. Discussion among the members will ultimately determine whether the liaison answers correctly. If the liaison answers incorrectly, or simply not to the antagonists satisfaction, the entire town will be killed. End of game.

Survival decisions, forks in the road, etc will exist throughout the game. So, players will have the opportunity to work together for the greater good, all the while suspecting each other for being the mafioso...

Now, if that doesn't interest you, I don't know what would..

This information will also appear in the original post.

I hope to get 20 players, if not, c'est la vie.

Crazy people wouldn't be IN

Ok Zain you wIN since one of the games I'm in is slow on the take off lol

I'll have to out sorry.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be IN as well.

Yes, I'll be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    I'll have to out sorry.
    I'm sorry to hear that and I hope all is well (or will be) in RL. We are losing a good man.. If anything changes please let me know.

Also thanks for the heads up before the game started.

edit:

Hey everyone, what is your time zone? I am working on some game mechanics and knowing where most of you are would be most helpful.

If you are sensitive about posting it publicly I will accept PMs, if you choose not to say please let me know regardless.

Thanks, that is all

edit:

Also throwing in what time you're most likely to be on the Org would be most helpful as well
    Last edited by Zain; 11-09-2013 at 14:13.

US Eastern.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

GMT +1
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

In approximately 12 hours I will post the prologue, which is somewhat of a initial plot twist. Don't worry, nobody's going to die... yet...

Here's how it will go:
    1) Day Phase 1 (48 hours)
    ----a) Prologue and questions posted
    ----b) Elections for a Liaison and discussion
    2) Night Phase 1 (24 hours)
    ----a) Role PMs sent out
    ----b) Answers to questions sent by Liaison
    ----c) Other night actions sent in
    3) Typical mafia format begins

Sign-ups will remain open during the first day phase since no one will have received their role PMs yet, for those late arrivals who just need so say "IN!"

I see a schedule conflict tonight, so I will start this phase prematurely, but remember, signups are allowed throughout this phase which ends on Tuesday, 9:00PM (GMT-6)

Day Phase 1

Michael Engels had assumed a sort of leadership, knowing full well none of the members of the survivors knew he was really Hayden Matthews. He led them further and further away from Mobile, from where the Praters had ran them over. They had been torn apart, and now forced to seek refuge in a cave next to a small stream.

“We’re going to be okay” Michael reassured them, “We’re far away from them now, we just need to rest and regroup.”

After assigning jobs each of the survivors stayed busy gathering food and water, building cots, and doing whatever else they could come up with. The point was to establish a meager living for now until a better plan arose, and with this they toiled and then they rested.

Early that next morning a booming voice entered their cave, “Well what do we have here!?” They all jumped and looked to see in the dim light a group of men. Michael stood, as his sleeping area was already near the entrance where they were, said, “What can we help you with, sirs?”

The man, looking much cleaner and well kempt than the others of his group approached Michael. He was a tall man, looking down at Michael and at the rest of the remnants. “You’re on our land.”

He looked over at the crowd and scanned them, “I should kill all of you right now, but instead we’re going to play a little game.” He looked back at Michael, “See that clearing across the draw?” Michael looked and nodded, “In 48 hours you will send one of your people over and give me an answer to three questions. If I like your answers, I’ll let you stay here; you don’t seem to be threats anyway.”

“What if you don’t like our answers?” Michael asked.

“Then you all die” the man said, emotionless.

Michael and the people tensed up, and after a moment Michael asked, “What are your questions?”

The man handed him a folded note, and walked out without another word. His men followed behind and disappeared behind the trees.

Michael opened the note and read the questions out loud,
    "1. What is the moral choice, killing one man to save five, or allowing one man to live knowing it will result in the death of five others?
    2. A man’s wife is dying of a horrible disease, and a local doctor has a very expensive medication that will cure her. The man does not have the money, but without the medication his wife will die. He also knows that stealing the medication will result in his imprisonment, possibly for life. What course of action should he take?
    3. Why should I let you all live?"

Michael finished up, folding the note and putting it in his pocket. “Well, let’s decide who we’re sending, and how to answer these questions…”

Explanation:
    -All players are invited to vote to elect a Liaison to speak with the mysterious men.

-Please discuss the answers to these questions, for the Liaison must PM me after this phase ends with the answers. The more discussion in thread, the better the results will be (Just saying)

-You may elect yourself.

-Elect:Abstain is a valid vote although ill-advised at this time.

-Role PMs will be sent out at the conclusion of this phase.

-New signups will be allowed until the conclusion of this phase.

Day Phase 1 ends on Tuesday, November 12th at 9:00PM (GMT-6)
    Time Remaining:
    Last edited by Zain; 11-10-2013 at 23:53.

First, GMT -3!

Elect: Darth Feather

1) In our ideal society, I would say let the individual chose, now we try to be that ideal society but in fact we are in survival mode, as such we must chose the lesser evil, sacrifice one to save five.

2) As society, this man needs to look for a new, younger and healthy wife! Seriously, as society we can't justify a crime against any of us!

3) Because of our morality standards!

elect: edse - what could possibly go wrong?

1. It is not moral for any individual to intervene in such a way as to take a life, unless such action is endorsed by the state. Given our current circumstances, I would interpret this to say that killing one man to save five would be acceptable if endorsed by a majority of our group, although whether it would be moral would be up to each individual. In a slightly out of character note, I would be hesitant to return an answer indicating it would be acceptable for one man to be killed to save five, as it opens us up for these people to throw our moral standards back in our teeth with a nasty ultimatum.

2. If the man had exhausted all legal outcomes, and the community was unable or unwilling to chip in to help him, theft would be morally (but still not legally) acceptable.

3. Because I'm holding a thermal detonator!

(Look, I'm sorry. I couldn't resist)

New to the forum, this is me trying to make a good impression.

Elect: Darth Feather

1. To be directly responsible for the murder of one man, or indirectly responsible for the deaths of 5... I admit I am perplexed, yet I must answer...
    The answer lies in the wording of the question, "...killing one man..." or "...will result in the death of five...". There are laws against murder, but are there laws against idling standing by? No. So if you look at it that way, murder is ultimately wrong, and since you are indirectly responsible for the deaths of the other 5, legally you are not.
    Morally though, 5 lives vs. 1 life?
    I must go against murder, although my instinct is telling me not to answer...

2. Legally the man will be guilty, but morally the man would be innocent. Medicine, money, these are just things. Money is not life, but the medicine could potentially be. I must lean in favor of the theft, any man that truly loves his wife would own up to the responsibility of his punishment. Life vs. Money? Life hands down.

3. We pose no threat to them, we are but survivors of a brutal reign upon our people... And as I said in the first answer, murder is ultimately wrong, but if we are to face death by our hands, we must defend ourselves. Take some out before we go, go out guns blazin'.

My
    Last edited by Chief Pappy; 11-11-2013 at 02:52.

Elect: rickinator9

1: If the man is white and the others aren't, then the white man should live.
    2: Let her die. He can take another
    3: You should let us live because the others work very well under my supervision.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Elect Darth Feather

1) I say we kill the one man. As human life is the most valuable thing there is, we should make sure as few life as possible is lost.
    2) Self-explanatory if you look at my last reasoning. He should steal as life is the most valuable thing there is.
    3) You wouldn't take away 14 times the most valuable thing there is, now would you?
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast