Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst things you have ever drank/ate?

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Worst things you have ever drank/ate?

An olive when I was a kid and I thought it was a grape. Brussel sprouts is definitely one of the top must disliked.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Sprouts, delicious imho. Really nice bite and flavor.

I just thought of another terrible thing I've eaten.

Females.

Okay, I'll leave.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Whole baby octopus in a seaweed broth, eaten from a shotglass without utensils. Had to down the octopus in a single mouthful; tasted like Neptune's Taint.

Member thankful for this post:

Lemur 

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Whole baby octopus in a seaweed broth, eaten from a shotglass without utensils. Had to down the octopus in a single mouthful; tasted like Neptune's Taint.
    For some reason that makes me think of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    For some reason that makes me think of this:

Not unsurprisingly, it's from the same country. That dish was from a restaurant in Kyoto. On the same trip I also partook of chicken tartare and tempura prawn heads, however I did not post about those two dishes in my response because, contrary to my expectations when I put them in my mouth, they were both actively good.

Lemur 

Not unsurprisingly, it's from the same country. That dish was from a restaurant in Kyoto. On the same trip I also partook of chicken tartare and tempura prawn heads, however I did not post about those two dishes in my response because, contrary to my expectations when I put them in my mouth, they were both actively good.
    I ate fried tarantula. Tasty.I wouldn't eat a living squid though I would feel too sorry for the poor thing. Food needs to be dead. Dead squid, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    I wouldn't eat a living squid though I would feel too sorry for the poor thing. Food needs to be dead. Dead squid, awesome.
    If you read the description and comments on that video, the squid IS dead. The movement is caused by the salt in the soy sauce, which is why it doesn't move at all until it's poured on. Not that I would eat it; that goes well beyond my comfort level regardless of whether it's alive or dead.

If you read the description and comments on that video, the squid IS dead. The movement is caused by the salt in the soy sauce, which is why it doesn't move at all until it's poured on. Not that I would eat it; that goes well beyond my comfort level regardless of whether it's alive or dead.
    Squids are never dead, just pretending.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Cool Re: Worst things you have ever drank/ate?

1) Stinky Tofu - couldn't eat it. The smell alone is like someone has taken a wet dump in the toilet and found they couldn't flush it for a day. I told Wasabi is she ate she would sleep on the couch and it is the reason Taiwan isn't in the UN as the food is clearly a biological weapon of mass destruction.

2) Durian - imagine a football with spikes falling out of a tree twice the height of a coconut tree near your feet. If Newton had been in Indonesia his contribution to science would have been cut short as he entered a vegetative state via fruit. Not only is it lethal in form, it is pungent to and if eaten and combined with alcohol can ferment in ones stomach and kill you. What does it smell like? Well one of the engineers at the minesite who was a war vet discribed it like the bodies on a battlefield. Personally I thought it was more like rotten onions. It tasted like rotten baby onion and was a thick yellow pudding with the consistency of snot.

3) Live fish sashimi. Side of the fish was cut out, prepared as sashimi and placed back on the live fish. I've never been as angry at dinner nor drank as much alcohol afterwards. I should have speared the fish with the chopsticks through its bright innocent eyes ending the tragedy. Different country, different rules. Still sick though.

4) Kimchi - its a bit like curries - quite a few varieties and each home has its version. Love it and will finish off the side dish of it before my bimbab arrives :)
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Drink:
    Freaking cheap German Beer called Oettinger, b/c it gives me a headache immediately. When i studied in the US: Budweiser…Jesus….Sorry 2 all US- guys, i know some of you love it, yet my Bavarian taste buds (hehe) are not used to this blend of a big nothingness and bubbles.

Food:
    Pizza with vinegar and loooots of salt in Liverpool. Deep fried Toast with tons of cheese and i guess lard sausage in Prague….called Hell Toast. Well, gave hell to me as far as i can tell.
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    1) Stinky Tofu - couldn't eat it. The smell alone is like someone has taken a wet dump in the toilet and found they couldn't flush it for a day. I told Wasabi is she ate she would sleep on the couch and it is the reason Taiwan isn't in the UN as the food is clearly a biological weapon of mass destruction.

2) Durian - imagine a football with spikes falling out of a tree twice the height of a coconut tree near your feet. If Newton had been in Indonesia his contribution to science would have been cut short as he entered a vegetative state via fruit. Not only is it lethal in form, it is pungent to and if eaten and combined with alcohol can ferment in ones stomach and kill you. What does it smell like? Well one of the engineers at the minesite who was a war vet discribed it like the bodies on a battlefield. Personally I thought it was more like rotten onions. It tasted like rotten baby onion and was a thick yellow pudding with the consistency of snot.

3) Live fish sashimi. Side of the fish was cut out, prepared as sashimi and placed back on the live fish. I've never been as angry at dinner nor drank as much alcohol afterwards. I should have speared the fish with the chopsticks through its bright innocent eyes ending the tragedy. Different country, different rules. Still sick though.

4) Kimchi - its a bit like curries - quite a few varieties and each home has its version. Love it and will finish off the side dish of it before my bimbab arrives :)
    Oddly enough some people really love these Durians, the queen of fruits they call it. They smell so bad that some airlines banned them. I tried it at the local toko and I have no idea why anyone would eat it, but it gets sold a lot.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

My mother bought this 'cheese bread'(Cheese surrounded by foam paste) for me last year. She was quite intrigued(and still is) by chemicals they put in our food, so she had bought it from this obscure store. The first bite wasn't too bad, because it was mostly just dough. However, the next bite was full on the cheese, which proved to be this really sour goats cheese. I can't describe how bad it was. That filth went straight into the trash bin.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Goat-cheese is delicious imho. Not everybody likes it, it has a really strong taste. I wrap it up in bacon first, and than bake the bundle. When put on a nice piece of white bread with a little bit of honey and some roasted nuts you have the best sandwich in the universe and surroundings.

Blog Entries

I have to admit, that does sound tasty, Fragony.

Cranberry, Brie and Bacon Paninis are definitely delicious too.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Worst thing I ate is a toss up between Country Fried Steak in Sioux City or some extremely sugary waffles in Dubuque.

Worst thing I drank is Lite beers like miller bud etc in Iowa City.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Worst thing I ever drank: milk in Europe. I don't know what they do to their milk, but it does not taste like milk. I grew up drinking raw milk my family would purchase from some Amish, and when the Amish moved away had to start drinking store milk. It tasted very different, but still tasted like milk. Milk sold in Europe tastes vile beyond belief.

Worst thing I ever ate: mushrooms. Eating mushrooms violates my beliefs, so I always avoid them. I did however one accidently eat a slice of pizza containing them and nearly threw up.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Worst thing I ever drank: milk in Europe. I don't know what they do to their milk, but it does not taste like milk. I grew up drinking raw milk my family would purchase from some Amish, and when the Amish moved away had to start drinking store milk. It tasted very different, but still tasted like milk. Milk sold in Europe tastes vile beyond belief.

Worst thing I ever ate: mushrooms. Eating mushrooms violates my beliefs, so I always avoid them. I did however one accidently eat a slice of pizza containing them and nearly threw up.
    You probably had pasturised milk, that stuff is horrible if you are used to fresh milk, pasturisied milk has been heated up to kill bactirae. Fresh milk is what everybody buys here in the Neds, but you won't find it in France or Spain unless you buy your milk at a local farmer. Yeah, it sucks

Mushsrooms are delicious by the way, they taste like a good steak if you use good butter. I always wrap a steak up in tinfoil after baking it, and use the juices to bake the mushrooms. It's delicious, your faith is cruel.
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-22-2013 at 06:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    You don't like country fried steak...? Are you sure you're human?
    First they used terrible steak mince covered it in some form of batter an breadcrumbs or something and then they pan fried. I assume in a pan although from the amount of grease it wouldnt surprise me if it had be deep fried.

It was a total waste of mince never mind steak

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post

basically they take all the cream out of the milk because its too valuable to be wasted on cornflakes and tea.

Shop milk especially in places like America or Europe where the dairy industry is so big will always taste less creamy.

Also you might be used to drinking milk from housed cattle rather than more natural pasture based milk.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 11-27-2013 at 00:21.

Blog Entries

Depends if it was full-cream, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk. Then there is powdered, Soya and other versions.

As it sounds like you drank straight from the cow, then there would most likely be some differences as it is usually pasturised, but it would still be 'milk'.
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-27-2013 at 01:29.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

This guy definitely didn't eat anything good:
    Warning: Bloody
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by rickinator9; 11-29-2013 at 01:03.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

That's disgusting. It is a shame that people still hunt whales. Such intelligent and gentle creatures. :(
    Silence is beautiful

my relatives will probably kill me for this, but ive never liked Lutefisk
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-ForkLutefisk.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	11336
    but on other news lambs head is delicious and everyone should try it, nothing beats eating something odd and finding out it tastes beatiful.

Name:	smalahove-hi.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	11337
    Last edited by Makrell; 11-29-2013 at 12:04. Reason: Had to remove all the gigantic and spamming scams and insluts

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    That's disgusting. It is a shame that people still hunt whales. Such intelligent and gentle creatures. :(
    It washed up on the shore and the man is doing an autopsy.

On one hand, I wish he had been in the path of those guts. That would have looked hilarious: ragdoll physics.

On the other hand, he would likely have been killed by the force of it, so...

Compromise: kick-ass backflip to avoid killer gut-storm.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    my relatives will probably kill me for this, but ive never liked Lutefisk

Name:	200px-ForkLutefisk.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	11336
    but on other news lambs head is delicious and everyone should try it, nothing beats eating something odd and finding out it tastes beatiful.

Name:	smalahove-hi.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	11337
    Two times the absolute truth. Lambs head is great. Lutefish isn't my thing either, there is nothing wrong with the taste really, but it has no texture or bite to it.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

It washed up on the shore and the man is doing an autopsy.
    Thank you for the clarification! You made me feel much better! :)
    Silence is beautiful

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    When intoxicated, the idea of removing the awkward social interaction from buying fast food seemed great. The resulting experience was not. Luckily it was Den Haag so no tourist traps. Speaking of tourist traps though, entire areas of Amsterdam now make me nauseous. Whoever introduced 'American style' pizza to this once great nation has a lot to answer for.
    i have a feeling, it may have been people from the greatest nation on earth.

We do not sow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12