Thread: Crash to menu

Default Crash to menu

Hello.

I have installed Medieval Total War on my computer, hoping it would work (because it is old game)

But when i try to start new campaing or campaing tutorial it returns back to menu ( when loading game ) but historical battles and battles work without any issue.

I have seen other people have same issues but this was never solved as i have seen in other threads.

I have:

CPU. 2.2 GHZ dual core
    2GB RAM
    Intel Gma 3100

Is there fix for this?

Help anyone?

Default Re: Crash to menu

Try button fix.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Member thankful for this post:

Yup, or go with Redux (as in download and try Redux if the buttonfix fails. Click my sig for links). Redux will change and upgrade the game however, while the buttonfix will leave it intact...

- A

Thanks for the reply, I have tried button fix but still crash to menu.

I will try Redux and see what happens :)

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Yup, or go with Redux (as in download and try Redux if the buttonfix fails. Click my sig for links). Redux will change and upgrade the game however, while the buttonfix will leave it intact...

- A
    It does not work :( still crash back to menu.

Try to run it in win2000/XP compatibility mode. Set campaign map resolution to 800x600. Disable hardware mixing in audio settings (yes, it can cause problems sometimes). Post crash report (check game directory and find crash.txt and error.log).
    btw What's your system? Seven, XP? Generally, intel video cards had always problems running MTW. You probably tried to update the drivers, right?
    Last edited by Stazi; 11-10-2013 at 15:12.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Hi here is error.txt

Errors for session started: Sun Oct 06 14:49:17 2013

C:\Crusaders\3dmap.cpp(3771) : DirectX call : E_NOTIMPL (UNSUPPORTED)
    C:\Crusaders\frontend_globals.cpp(1067) : Error : "No such file or directory"(2)
    C:\Crusaders\bmradar.cpp(270) : File Error : fopen(".\RadarMap\flatinland17.map", "wb") - "No such file or directory"(2)
    Errors for session started: Sun Oct 06 15:00:29 2013

C:\Crusaders\frontend_globals.cpp(1067) : Error : "No such file or directory"(2)
    C:\Crusaders\bmradar.cpp(270) : File Error : fopen(".\RadarMap\flattomountaininland02.map", "wb") - "No such file or directory"(2)
    Errors for session started: Thu Oct 31 17:53:44 2013

C:\Crusaders\bmradar.cpp(270) : File Error : fopen(".\RadarMap\hastings.map", "wb") - "No such file or directory"(2)
    Errors for session started: Sat Nov 09 16:35:39 2013

Errors for session started: Sat Nov 09 16:51:06 2013

C:\Med_Patch\Crusaders_TW\3dmap.cpp(3802) : DirectX call : E_NOTIMPL (UNSUPPORTED)
    Errors for session started: Sun Nov 10 14:40:47 2013

C:\Med_Patch\Crusaders_TW\3dmap.cpp(3802) : DirectX call : E_NOTIMPL (UNSUPPORTED)

Errors for session started: Sun Nov 10 20:12:14 2013

and for crash.log

Medieval_TW.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Medieval_TW.exe at 001B:006F4975
    EAX=FFFFFF8C EBX=00000003 ECX=00000640 EDX=00000800 ESI=0C0AB486
    EDI=039021CE EBP=00000004 ESP=0013D680 EIP=006F4975 FLG=00210206
    CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=003B GS=0000
    001B:006F4975 (0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000) Medieval_TW.exe

My system is WIN xP 32 bit
    Last edited by Toni112007; 11-10-2013 at 20:13.

I think this is the error causing me to crash back to menu:

I have tried compability mode but still crashes
    my map resolution is already 800x600
    Last edited by Toni112007; 11-10-2013 at 20:30.

I'm afraid, I can't help you. I've never seen that kind of error but it looks self-explaining. As I said, Intel video cards has problems with running MTW and we can't do much about it.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

The Intel adapters definitely have their problems with MTW, especially the older ones (3100 is circa 2007, I believe). People have done good work getting MTW running on newer systems, but I don't think there has ever been a work-around for the Intel graphics issues.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    The Intel adapters definitely have their problems with MTW, especially the older ones (3100 is circa 2007, I believe). People have done good work getting MTW running on newer systems, but I don't think there has ever been a work-around for the Intel graphics issues.
    Nevermind, Il get HD 6670 GDDR5 1GB at end of this month, You think i will run on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Toni112007 View Post
    Nevermind, Il get HD 6670 GDDR5 1GB at end of this month, You think i will run on that?
    I have Radeon HD 6850 1GB and it works perfectly with MTW. So, I'd say 6670 will run MTW too.

Never had trouble with MTW on ATI cards over the years. Radeon 9700, x800, x1600, and currently a 4850.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Never had trouble with MTW on ATI cards over the years. Radeon 9700, x800, x1600, and currently a 4850.
    But i have new problem.

My Motherboard pk5pl am in roem si

has pci express 1.0 version.

And those cards are 2.1 or even 3.0 ( 7730 which i wanted )

I know they SHOULD BE backward compatible but some people told me that there were issues when 3.0 gfxs were used on 1.0 slot.

SO i dont really know, I think i am stuck with shi*** GMA 3100!

I'm assuming your system is fairly old (given the 3100), so putting in a modern video card is probably not the optimal solution. You might want to see if you can get an old card ATI card cheap that would still both improve your overall system performance and get around the MTW/Intel issue. You can use this wiki page as a quick reference, it should tell you what PCIe version the card uses.

My system is 4 years old.
    And Asus P5kpl am in roem si is from 2008.
    I dont know why they added pciex 1.0...
    Last edited by Toni112007; 11-14-2013 at 19:04.

Atleast i can play Rome Total War on my computer without lag!!!
    Only lag when shooting fire arrows dont know why.