Thread: Which of the TW series games should be playable on my notebook?

Default Which of the TW series games should be playable on my notebook?

Long time lurker first time poster...

Hello dear community,

I sold my last true gaming pc years ago and traded my crappy old thinkpad for a new notebook earlier this year. Didn't try running a lot of games on it during summer (I'm not that nerdy anymore), but with all those rainy days here in Europe and winter right around the corner I started playing again.

I started my journey through the TW series with rome 1 and right now I'm playing Medieval 2 grand campaign (turks), but after having seen a ton of Rome2 videos on YT I do feel the urge to play a TW game with a more modern user interface.

Sure, I don't except that Rome 2 will run decently on my notebook (that's something I will play if I ever get my hands on a proper gaming PC again), but what about all the other TW releases that came out after medieval2? Knowing that the system requirements released by the publishers aren't that great of a information source, my hope is that I could get a better feedback from the community that actually played all those games (or still plays them) on all kind of machines.

So here are the specs of the system I'm running:

Acer Aspire Timeline U laptop

Intel i5-3317U CPU (2 cores, 3MB cache 2.4ghz with turbo boost active)
    4 GB RAM
    Geforce GT 640M LE with 1GB of dedicated DDR5 RAM
    120GB SSD

Does anyone has some experience running Empire, Napoleon and esp. Shogun 2 on a notebook (or system with similar power)? I should also add that I use a 23" screen along with my notebook, but I don't mind playing with medium graphics or not running the max resolution the screen can offer.
    Last edited by Karnstein; 11-11-2013 at 21:21.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which of the TW series games should be playable on my notebook?

Meets the minimum and recommended requirements for all.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Meets the minimum and recommended requirements for all.
    Yup. Depending on which games you have ready on Steam, I'd start with Empire and work my way up.

Thx for the replies...grabbed a copy of Shogun2 Gold Edition at a local store and it runs quite well on medium settings (~40fps) on my TFT screen if I choose the 1650x1050 resolution over HD+

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

empire runs okay with just the Intel i5-3317U

with the gpu shogun2 should be fine too.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar