Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 2: DISCUSSION THREAD

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Resident Evil 2: DISCUSSION THREAD

Do as you will, I'm just making sure people understand how the scoring goes this time instead of tossing it all together at the end of the game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Your spoilers are looking more and more like teasers, atpg.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Your spoilers are looking more and more like teasers, atpg.
    I never tease.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Shhh, remember the rules.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-02-2013 at 01:41.
    BLARGH!

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

I'm sorry Pizzaguy. As an offering of appeasement, here's what the sound effects will be when I escape (You can link to that when I'm escaping): http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/529...ping-again.php
    BLARGH!

Manhole Cover- Awarded for victory by sheer luck alone
    I don't understand this award, because it has absolutely nothing to do with anything but sheer luck/randomness.

There are ways to boost luck in the game. Boost your luck, you get luckier. The luckier you get, the more situations you get out of due to luck. So, in certain cases, it could be a reward for careful use of items and tactical exploration of...

Eh, maybe you're right...
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Hey folks, in case you weren't aware, instead of a precise location to move to, you can send in orders to Follow a certain person you can see.

I know it's in the mechanics somewhere.

It won't always work, sometimes they're running and you're walking. Best way to catch up to them is to move as fast as possible.

In other words, not only can you send in orders to move to a specific tile, you can instead send in orders to follow a specific person (indicate which person/which tile they're on if they're alone) to follow.

They must be visible for you to do this.

The only way it's guaranteed that you'll end up landing near them is if they are within your zone of control, and you are not ambushed, and you sprint. Otherwise, they could out-move you.

But you can get as close as possible this way.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-02-2013 at 06:34.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

If there are a large number of orders not sent in, given it's the first movement phase and I took time to answer everyone's questions (BTW if you have an unanswered question PM it to me immediately!) I *MAY* decide to extend the round by precisely 24 hours. But that's it. And that's a mercy that I will not be providing very often, if ever again. There are 50 other players and the game will take a while. Delays are very bad. Game has already been delayed enough as it is, my fault. But I made the first phase extra looooong for this very reason. Okay?

Please, if you have not made stat choices or movement decisions, I refer you to your ROLE PM that I sent you, the rules for how you can allocate your stat points are in red directly underneath your default stats, and if you have not sent in movement choices, I refer you to the movement tutorial. Send ALL DECISIONS to "Resident Evil" org account within 1 day. Your time is running out. Repeated missed orders will prompt me to toss one of the replacement players into your slot. Your teams are relying on you!

The other players would like to see the rounds resolved in a timely manner. Be sure to check in and send in orders, otherwise El Gigante will be very displeased.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-02-2013 at 06:25.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I never tease.
    So Ada Wong is in the game then?
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Ruh roh, didn't know the game had started.

Edit: I'll send my orders in a few hours.

Edit 2:

Last edited by Nick Royale; 12-02-2013 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Player
    1. Is it possible to boost combat >10? I'm considering boosting my combat to 10, but if that makes the combat herb ineffective I might not.
    3. I see someone at [Grid coordinate]. I want to meet up with this guy but I also want to search the area.
    4) If I submit an order to follow him, can I also submit an conditional order if I fail? E.g. I'm planning to walk and he runs. I submit: follow dude IF FAIL walk to [Grid coordinate]
    5) What happens if we both send in a request to follow eachother? I assume we meet up at [Tile in between us]? Feels like this wastes a lot of my precious searching time.
    1. Combat can be boosted above 10.

3. It may not be possible to do both, but what you can do is "run" and "Follow" the person in [Grid Coordinate], following them to wherever they go, and then once you've met up, do a search.

4. Nope, you've got to take the plunge and make a choice. Do you follow or do you walk?

Addendum: You can follow and walk, if you do, you'll follow that person as far as you can until you're out of movement points.

5. If you follow each other, you will meet up at a place which is between your present location. However, that will mean you've both decided to walk instead of run, which makes your search more effective.

(Specifics and other data redacted for public use)
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-02-2013 at 15:52.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    here's what the sound effects will be when I escape
    Nice idea. Here's my escape theme.

Members thankful for this post (2):

We went from 20 orders missing to 12. That's better, keep sending them in.

I will probably be forced to burn that extra day for so many missing orders, but if they're still not in after that, folks are just going to eat a missed movement phase. If it happens again I'll look into replacements / rebalancing the game.

This is not a mafia game folks. You go inactive, it severely hurts your side. That's why it was invite only, that's why I made sure everyone understood the time constraints before allowing folks in. We did go over this.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-02-2013 at 23:53.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

"Can I have their stuff?" ;)

I wonder if Thanksgiving threw people for a loop or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    "Can I have their stuff?" ;)

I wonder if Thanksgiving threw people for a loop or something.
    I am assuming this is the case, something along these lines.

It's also the first round and took people a while to ask questions and then get answers to them. That's why I'm attempting to take a chill pill about the whole dealy.

Game's just getting rolling, we'll be patient. But once things get going, there's probably going to be a break around Christmas, and that's it. We'll need to keep a tight schedule.

If it happens many times, folks will just fall behind, eventually get wogged, and I'll rebalance their team's win conditions and adjust the number of zombies.

Nothing is going to stop this game from happening. I'm determined.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-03-2013 at 00:06.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

DETERMINATION! Is a form of government in the Escape from Zombie Island game.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Do we have a new deadline or are orders being processed?

All 2p2ers signed up for this game are active on 2p2 so if someone hasn't sent his order yet, he should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Royale View Post
    Do we have a new deadline or are orders being processed?

All 2p2ers signed up for this game are active on 2p2 so if someone hasn't sent his order yet, he should be able to.
    We'll have a new deadline while we prod the folks who have not sent in orders. I can't begin to work on this until after work tonight anyway.

Giving 24 more hours.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

We're down to just 5 no-orders or incompletes. At least 2 of which have sent partial orders which I can process, leaving them without information for certain categories which I will default to whatever is the least useful thing for them to be doing at the time. (Because you didn't tell me what to do....)

For example, if you get into a combat situation, I'll have you searching if you didn't specify, that leaves you vulnerable with no bonuses to combat.

If you don't, I'll have you defending, deliberately wasting your turn.

Definitely tell me what you plan on doing.

If you tell me to do something and you don't move, and don't specify anything else, you'll flee when you take damage and you won't move otherwise.

So, complete orders are essential to your success.

Thanks to the 46 players now fully participating, and the 2 others who have attempted to send in orders which I can process!
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-04-2013 at 01:51.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

TheLastDays has been offline for about a month and may be our first drop out.

Standby, replacement players.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I had to replace him in my game, too.

Btw it's stand by when you use it a a verb. :D

I had to replace him in my game, too.

use it a a verb.
    a a verb.
    a a verb.
    In this round, Zack slays the Grammar Nazi.

Yeah yeah yeah lol too much info for my mind to process during cyber shopping week lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    In this round, Zack slays the Grammar Nazi.
    Thanks! Not even I can spot all mistakes.

Do you want me to reroll?

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks! Not even I can spot all mistakes.

Do you want me to reroll?
    Roll it with some pep this time.

What's the status, Pizzaguy?

We have narrowed the gap to only TheLastDays and a couple of others without orders in. Likely, TheLastDays is going to be our first and hopefully only totally inactive player.

That one is less bothersome to me that the others, because it's just the one, and likely he's got a great reason why he hasn't been online in a whole month. Bad game to sign up for, though.

We can replace him or whatever. I was worried about what I'd do if I was missing a dozen people from the game. This is tolerable. Plus I have gotten actual communication back from even the folks without orders. That's a start.

Anyway- there are still many hours remaining in the 24 hour one-time only super mega bonus holiday-season first-phase total mercy extension, so we're waiting on that to proceed. It's been a very worthwhile extension, I mean... a lot of orders we were missing are now found. So it was worth the delay.

Then, ladies and gentleman, I have a brief 5 hour workshift, which eats into my supposed 24 hours of hosting duties. It obviously won't take up all 24 hours of that day, so 5 hours eaten out of it from work is no biggie.

The goal is to have everything done within those 24 hours. Results, writeup, result PMs, and the clock starts ticking for the interactive phase. And mark your schedules, there are only supposed to be 2 whole days during the "interactive phase".

It's a quick phase. Since no one is moving, all you're doing is talking to each other and interacting with your environment. Also, unlike a move, if you miss an interactive phase it's not the end of the universe.

So, please be aware- I might mercy extend the first interactive phase as well, but you really, really need to decide what you're doing and get those orders in quickly, after you read your results from the previous round, and the writeup. 48 hours really is plenty, for that. Must get into the habit.

Ideally, you want to decide what you're doing after you read the result, during the same sitting while you're already at the computer. That way you won't forget.

I think we know that the ideal and the reality won't match well, at first. But as the game progresses, and we're doing 2 phases a week, you'll get into the swing of things.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-04-2013 at 09:12.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Roll it with some pep this time.
    I am intrigued. please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Anyway- there are still many hours remaining in the 24 hour one-time only super mega bonus holiday-season first-phase total mercy extension, so we're waiting on that to proceed. It's been a very worthwhile extension, I mean... a lot of orders we were missing are now found. So it was worth the delay.
    Mmmmk, if I ever see you trying to sell me pizza with such colourful words I'll know that it's unsold leftovers from several days ago.

I am intrigued. please explain.

Mmmmk, if I ever see you trying to sell me pizza with such colourful words I'll know that it's unsold leftovers from several days ago.
    Crazy Ernie's Amazing Emporium of TOTAL BARGAIN MADNESS!!!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast