Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Caesar in Gaul DLC

Default Re: Caesar in Gaul DLC

No need to correct it, I don't even proof read anymore as I find it too tedious to be worth it when I'm posting casually.

Ok, New Gallic factions ain't going to be on grand campaign unless if they exist on the map. Levy from client applies with patch without need for purchase of this dlc.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

So the nervii will be playable without the DLC then?
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I am dismayed. This DLC is seriously overpriced for what it offers. How can they charge 15 euro for this? It doesn't make sense.

By the way, with the upcoming sequel to 300 i'm thinking they'l be making a Sparta DLC, possibly covering the greco-persian wars and adding a few units to the spartan roster.
    Last edited by Myth; 12-10-2013 at 09:09.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

@Kam

Unless if you buy the $$DLC$$ (Wait make it triple blingeeeeee)

@Myth

I myself would love to see a campaign set earlier focusing on the Middle East. You have Persia (Parsa?) Medians, Babylonians, Egypt (They can recruit reformed stuff) etc. The map could cut Western and Central Europe, then it starts from Illyria/Greece. The map would go north to Bulgaria and such. The map would stretch east to the Indus River and cover slightly right of it. Then there would be even more land below Egypt, you then have more of the Indian Ocean, that's a second theatre to explore!

Techs can focused more on society changes, government reform paths, military progression, etc. Due to increased map size several provinces would be tied under one management, by one governor, you can't control each settlement individually in a sense but you change the overall things. There would be things such as disputes for the throne if the leader has crappy authority (More punishing than before if leader is horrid) something like a public opinion on war which can force you to make piece or face rebellions, dethrones, and stuff like that.

I really do wish...

This dlc seems a bit overpriced to me.. but I may get it just for the new faction
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

If any of you guys were actually waiting for this dlc than you should know that CA has announced that it has been delayed to 17th december. They claim that they will make new bug fixes with the accompanying patch 8...

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    If any of you guys were actually waiting for this dlc than you should know that CA has announced that it has been delayed to 17th december. They claim that they will make new bug fixes with the accompanying patch 8...
    Oh, that is excellent, it will allow me to complete my Legendary Baktria campaign.

Oh, Baktria is pretty easy faction, if anyone is interested. Unlike Legendary Averni or Carthage.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

sounds awesome, but i wont fall for it again...

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I am dismayed. This DLC is seriously overpriced for what it offers. How can they charge 15 euro for this? It doesn't make sense.

By the way, with the upcoming sequel to 300 i'm thinking they'l be making a Sparta DLC, possibly covering the greco-persian wars and adding a few units to the spartan roster.
    and it will also cost 300.

We do not sow.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    sounds awesome, but i wont fall for it again...
    $15.00!

I'm a bit shocked to be honest, that is a lot of money for a small expansion campaign and a few factions. I think I will pass on this one, unless it turns out to be spectacular.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I have to agree, I have to pass this up, $15 is way too much for this. Maybe if they added in the family tree or something like that I would consider it at full price. The Peninsular Campaign was $10 and I think that had more features.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Lemur 

Quote Originally Posted by fallen851 View Post
    $15.00!

I'm a bit shocked to be honest, that is a lot of money for a small expansion campaign and a few factions. I think I will pass on this one, unless it turns out to be spectacular.
    tbh america is off best and mainland europe is screwed the most because €15 is like what, 200 dollar? And 15$ is only 10 euros. it probably costs like a billion dollars in australia.

its not even out yet, but you can pre-order with 10% off. thugs
    Last edited by The Stranger; 12-11-2013 at 22:54.

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I have to agree, I have to pass this up, $15 is way too much for this. Maybe if they added in the family tree or something like that I would consider it at full price. The Peninsular Campaign was $10 and I think that had more features.
    There will never be a family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    There will never be a family tree.
    No, say it isnt true!

Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    tbh america is off best and mainland europe is screwed the most because €15 is like what, 200 dollar? And 15$ is only 10 euros. it probably costs like a billion dollars in australia.

its not even out yet, but you can pre-order with 10% off. thugs

I doubt the conversion rate is that lopsided

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    No, say it isnt true!

Not sure what you are trying to say. If they're gonna make what everyone wants and then sell it to us... fine I guess that is how industry works but that wont help me feeling anything other than pissed off about them.

I still remember that comment from some CA person when they went like ohhhhh we had no idea people liked family trees so much, this is interesting stuff!

At that point I thought... I don't really know what I thought. The people working the game today probably weren't born 8 years ago.

It was kind of sarcasm.

Anyways the family tree wasnt in ETW (or if it is I cant find it) and people didnt seem to care nearly as much then as they are now. Probably because the royal family werent really commanding generals as I recall and it made no difference whether or not you knew who your cousin. But here it actually does matter especially with the political system which is probably why they didnt think people cared about it so much, which is probably why it doesnt make an appearance in this game.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

So we got some exclusive content courtesy of Trish!

“One of the features that Caesar in Gaul brings is a new historical battle. The battle of Alesia was the final decisive action of Caesar’s Gallic war, and saw Caesar defeat Vercingetorix, the leader of the alliance of barbarian tribes that had gathered to oust the Romans from Gaul.

Set from Caesar’s perspective, the battle of Alesia tasks the player with maintaining the siege of Vercingetorix's Gallic stronghold. The battle begins with the Roman forces deployed within their own fortifications outside the hill-fort. The player must guide the Romans as they weather attacks from within the fort itself, and from the huge Gallic relief force without.

This screenshot depicts the battle map, and you can clearly see the hilltop fort of Alesia, surrounded by Caeser’s fortifications. We’ll make no bones about it – it’s a very challenging battle!”
    And heres the tactical map for the battle. Clicking on it will enlarge it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWRII_CiG_Alesia_TacMap copy.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	11437
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
    I doubt the conversion rate is that lopsided
    i meant 20 dollar. aka in europe u pay 25% more. its dumb

We do not sow.

The prices are not equalized. It costs $15 in the USA and 15 euro here, so Europe is boned but that is to be expected. Autodesk products are about 20% cheaper in the USA too. Europe is the most mature market so we get screwed constantly. I'm not paying 15 euro for this and that's that. I was really looking forward to some new content but I hadn't considered they'd charge so much.

The prices are not equalized. It costs $15 in the USA and 15 euro here, so Europe is boned but that is to be expected. Autodesk products are about 20% cheaper in the USA too. Europe is the most mature market so we get screwed constantly. I'm not paying 15 euro for this and that's that. I was really looking forward to some new content but I hadn't considered they'd charge so much.
    But you have to have it!

I do, but not at any price. It costs as much as Torchilght II! But the real issue is not that it's 15 euro, but rather that it gives very little value for the price of 15 euro. If it was 5 I'd have pre-purchased it.

Someone's gotta pay the employees who are making all these amazing patches and updates (damge control). As soon as the damage has been suitably controlled, they can probably just ignore it and start working on the next game.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

I suppose, the 20% difference comes from VAT. In the USA, internet products are frequently not hit with any sales tax and if they are, the rate is much lower than the VAT in Europe. For example, in my state, sales tax = 6% versus VAT rates in excess of 20% in most of Europe.

No VAT for products that don't have physical media if they're sold outside your country. For example we buy Autodesk digital products from Ireland or Switzerland and sell them in Poland and we are not part of the VAT thing. The company selling in Poland to the end-user has to deal with VAT.
    Last edited by Myth; 12-17-2013 at 15:32.

.Org may not be as active but I like it here so I came back again to ask a question.

Is the sub campaign by itself (Not including the "free" updates to main game) really worthwhile? Gaul looks quite puny for a sub campaign about Caesar to be honest.

Feel free to respond to the question at hand.

I dont know personally but Im hearing some very positive things on Reddit about it.

EDIT: but of course, people on the TWC are comparing this to the Holocaust:
    So I'm whining because I'm pointing out something? Oh well, I guess the Jews were whining too when they were complaining about the "work" camps.

And yes, I did just compare this game to the Holocaust.
    Link, its post #5 if you want to see for yourself.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 12-17-2013 at 23:33.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

LOL

I'm not too surprised about Reddit being happy, they have an overall happiness of TW which isn't a good notion either. For TWC it's a cluster bomb of ridiculousness which is usually divided into"fanboys" and "haters".

Official forums is honestly a total joke especially when people try to relate how the units should be balanced to something like real life (When TW is quite hard to model to real life, closest I saw was Davinci's and jam's realism mods) but then it all falls apart when people relate how ancient cavalry should act like Napoleonic lancers in a shock role.

Lets not forget the overall immaturity where everybody redicules each other every single second.

Yeah, so I'm asking .Org's opinion as at least I can read instead of starting up a flame war.

Reddit has its "haterz" but they are usually downvoted to oblivion if its just rampant hate instead of anything constructive. Though there are a number of posts which have a flood of negative comments. Its funny, really. Some posts the haters get downvoted and in others the fanboys get downvoted. Really depends on the original post, if its positive then the comments will usually be positive. If negative, the comments will be negative.

Now what I dont get is why the people on the TWC who are looking for meaningful discussion dont just come here...
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 12-18-2013 at 03:14.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast