Thread: Pratia IV

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default Pratia IV

Pratia IV

General Throckmorton stood outside his barrack over the balcony before entering. He grabbed his polishing rag, dipped it, and went to work. After some time, he sat it down on the desk next to him and inspected his army boots. "Spotless" he commented, admiring his work. He couldn't stand scuffed boots.

A frantic knock came at the door and he, frustrated, stood and opened it. Private Merricks stood at attention and saluted, "Sir!"

The General impatiently addressed the young man, "What is it, boy?". Merricks dropped his salute and spat out quickly, "It's Private Humphrey, Sir! He's dead!". Throckmorton's patience was waning, "What were you boys doin' out on patrol!? You know we need top security right now!"

Merricks attempted to contain his composure against the larger, older man, "He was attacked in his bunk, Sir! We haven't went out in days!"

He stopped and stared down the Private who was just barely old enough to start growing a beard, "How'd he die?"

Merricks quickly reached into his pocket, pulled out a bloody note, and handed it to his superior, "Murder."

The General unfolded the note calmly and read it. He looked up at the frightened cadet, "Mobile."

Welcome back for the fourth rendition of Pratia!

The tentative starting time is whenever we reach 15 or more players.

Rules of Play:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Setting

Prater Military Outpost, Alabama, Date Unknown:

Seven years have passed since the end of Pratia III. The Prater military officers gather at an undisclosed location to discuss future plans for their empire. Surrounded by dense forestry, around the clock watch, and not a single civilian within sight, they have the ideal setup for top-secret military discussions and advancements.

Little do they know, the Mobilian Aaron Anduin has infiltrated their ranks. Working under a new name, and maneuvering himself and the others into the watch, they plan to take down the system from the inside. Everyone with influence is here. Everyone with power...

Will they succeed?

How to Win:

The first death of Private Humphrey with the one worded note has ensured the awareness of the Prater officials. Find them, find the last of the Mobilians, and kill them before they kill you.

Game Phases and Basic Gameplay:

Day Phase: Players will be assigned a role with a character name, some will be power roles like an investigator or doctor, while others will be simple vanilla townies. All names will be of military personnel, Aaron and his people are disguised as one of you. Vote during the day phases to lynch one of your own, believing he to be a Mobile spy. Only that way can the spies be discovered.

Night Phase: Players with night abilities will be made aware via their Role PM. Investigations, Protections, Murders, etc will take place during this phase. A Prater will be attacked every night in hopes of the death of another military official, and ultimately attempting to bring down the Prater system. Be aware, Aaron and his people have grown very good at this.

Day Action: Lynch Voting

To lynch a suspect:

You may vote or not vote at your choice. Please be aware however, that persistently avoiding the voting process will result in your removal from play. While the game-master reserves the right to remove someone from play when/if needed at the host's discretion, as a “rule-of-thumb” missing 3 votes in a row or 5 overall is likely to result in your removal.

Legal vote choices include:
    1. voting by name for a living fellow townie to express your preference for their lynching
    2. voting “abstain” indicating you have no preference as to who is lynched
    3. voting “no lynch” indicating that you want no one lynched that day

To be counted, a vote MUST be posted in bold typeface using the following format:

e.g. Vote: Zain

To change a vote, please post the following:

e.g. Unvote; Vote: ATPG

If you abbreviate the name of the person for whom you are voting, please do so in a clear and consistent fashion. If I can’t figure it out, I will not count it.

These votes are, of course, part of the public discussion in the thread and available for all to evaluate.

IMPORTANT RULE NOTIFICATION BY HOST:
    You may NOT edit a post containing a vote or selection. If you do this, you will receive a warning. Repeat it, and you will be removed from the game. It is important for players (and the host) to be able to track such changes properly. Remember, you are free to change your vote and/or re-post any other information in a new post, but do NOT edit the vote/selection post itself. Make a new post and add to your post count. Thanks.

Playing While Dead

While there are no "hero closets" in Pratia, you ARE encouraged to continue play once your character has died.

There ARE important restrictions than must be observed:
    1. The dead may post, but not vote, select, or carry out any night actions (active or passive).
    2. Dead players may not reveal their roles publicly or privately until that role has been revealed via write-up.
    3. Dead players may not quote from a PM unless that PM has been posted in the public thread by a living player.
    4. Dead players may not reveal, recount or allude to their previous night actions (or results thereof in the case of investigations) publicly or privately – even to confirm a previously made public or private reveal.
    5. Unsure? Ask the host!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS!

Screenshots and Miscellaneous Points:

No screenshots may be used, from or to anyone, for ANY purpose. Feel free to quote from the public thread or to fabricate as you see fit.

It is STRONGLY suggested that all players enable “invisible” mode so that technology is not used to trap you. If you remain visible while on the .org boards, your activity can be logged and compared against a "normal" profile providing clues as to your role, working partners, etc.

This will serve as the master set of rules for Pratia. If you have any questions or comments please post them here in the thread.

Special thanks to Seamus Fermanagh for some of this text and layout

For your information, possible strategy, and reading pleasure...

Link for Pratia I thread
    Link for Pratia II thread
    Link for Pratia III thread
    Link for Pratia Information Summary
    (It is highly encouraged that you subscribe to this thread as well as the Pratia - Information Summary to keep up with all updates)

Players List: (10)
    @crossroad
    @Darth Feather
    @dcmort93
    @Ishmael
    @Makrell
    @Morgan1
    @pangtongshu
    @rickinator9
    @Riedquat
    @Sprig

Thank you, Please check back here regularly for any announcements or updates from you host.
    Last edited by Zain; 12-17-2013 at 21:08.

Default Re: Pratia IV

Of course, I'm in!
    returning to the shadows.....

Can't miss the finale. In please.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Closed for a bit until @issaikhaan has a chance to start his own game.

Sign-ups will be re-opened soon.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

@Zain you can move forward with sign-ups. Switching you to the early slot.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Reading through past Pratias, I'm very interested. In.

in

Makrell is indestructible as always.

Also, hope noone thinks ill of me even though my past role became a Mafia in this game.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    in

Makrell is indestructible as always.

Also, hope noone thinks ill of me even though my past role became a Mafia in this game.
    Nah, we will meta-lynch you only Day 2 and not Day 1 (in by the way)
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

I do hope the mobilians will retain their power though. A bulletproof, a psychic, detective and 2 mafia doctors should be good :P

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

INfor the killing
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Join up people! I'm really looking for a decent number of players. Will be sending out invites once finals are over

Eating Babies since 1983 Member Sprig's Avatar

... with a grin
    Bad.

I should be able to focus on this game so ​IN

I'm IN.

Techie Rock Star Member crossroad's Avatar

Definitely IN !!!
    This is my Signature. Just imagine it being a mind blowing axiom.

We will hold off the beginning of this game until I am satisfied with our numbers. I need at least 15 players to proceed.