Thread: Starbound

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Starbound

I recently bought this game and have had a lot of fun with it.

So, does anyone else in the Org play it?! Would like to do a co-op with someone.

http://playstarbound.com/

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Starbound

I have been playing it, managed to hit the current endgame, though an update is expected soon which will reset your characters, so I am waiting for that first before I start picking it up again.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You are not the only one. 90% of the talk in the forums is about "The Great Wipe"

Blog Entries

It didn't even retain my characters look. Had to do it completely from scratch.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

This is what I have to say to that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpDn5qPp3s

hahahaha

Blog Entries

This is what I have to say to that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpDn5qPp3s

hahahaha
    O.O

Well so much for my social life.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Uhm, wow

Circling back on Starbound, so those of you that have been playing it awhile, what's your take on it? I've been sitting on the sidelines despite the fact that it was cheap because of updates that destroy all your progress, I think they are past that stage now, don't know how much further they have to go before they declare it done, but in any event I was interested in hearing what some forum regulars here who have played it make of it.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Currently playing it on the Mobius Starbound server. It is going pretty well with a friendly community. Not a lot of them post on the said forums though.

Ah, good to hear you guys have collected together to give it a go. I doubt I'll join in but was interested if from an SP perspective you thought this game was worth a go?

I've got a couple friends who played it for a bit and then moved on, I wasn't sure if I should take that as an indication of game quality, the fact that it's still in development, or just that they had other stuff they wanted to play more. You never know with these things really, I mean it looked interesting in that it's procedural and therefore pretty open ended, but I just thought if anyone was playing it here it would be nice to get a bit of input on it.