Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gladiator: Houses Collide

Default Re: Gladiator: Houses Collide

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    It is starting to stink here. Do you barbarians even know how to wash?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OOC: Not personal, just staying in character
    Feel free to hold a perfumed handkerchief to your nose when I fight you. It will keep the blood stains from my tunic as I break it.

OOC: Of course, nothing I say here is to be taken seriously

Techie Rock Star Member crossroad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    Valentinus would challenge his fellow Gladiators to some wrestling. Nothing heavy - just some light slamming you into the dirt and so I may increase the girth of my already huge biceps.
    wrestling...light slamming into the dirt...girth?
    This is my Signature. Just imagine it being a mind blowing axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    As for perception... maybe concentrating and trying to count all little waves that are created when sand is thrown into the water? or observing small changes in some kind of natural phenomena? Or comparing two, seemingly identical things, in order to find differences between them? One can even contemplate his own hands in this way!
    Are you a warrior or a drug addict?

Perception is about knowing your opponent. Studying your rivals and learning their style of fighting has to be the surest way of increasing your perception.

Can you stop with the sissy OOC comments please? You better be glad Colossus Maximus Kumquator isn't in the arena! This is a serious business put yourself up to the circumstances or die trying!
    returning to the shadows.....

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Can you stop with the sissy OOC comments please? You better be glad Colossus Maximus Kumquator isn't in the arena! This is a serious business put yourself up to the circumstances or die trying!
    That's an insult to my ancient Roman heritage! I would challenge you if you weren't too chicken to join us!
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

So does anybody know if there will be female gladiators? I would be willing to save their lives if they paid back 'in kind'.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crossroad View Post
    Decimus - House of Lucilius here. Perception is built with the bean of the coffee plant, though that is temporary.
    What is this Cofi you talk about? I never heard of it.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post

Perception is about knowing your opponent. Studying your rivals and learning their style of fighting has to be the surest way of increasing your perception.
    Facing multiple enemies and having contral of all their movements are another. Useful when doing exhibition matches.
    Last edited by Ironside; 12-20-2013 at 16:05.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

That's an insult to my ancient Roman heritage!
    No! Its an insult to you tiny slave!

I would challenge you if you weren't too chicken to join us!
    Why I would I'm a citizen of Rome and ... I paid my debts! If the gods permit I will keep poke all you with a stick for the time I can!

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    So does anybody know if there will be female gladiators? I would be willing to save their lives if they paid back 'in kind'.
    Everybody here knows you can't with a normal woman, what could you do with gladiator one?

Camel crap if I need to guess...

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

You should be in the Arena, just join up!

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    You should be in the Arena, just join up!
    Oh! But I will be in the Arena... of some south Atlantic beach!

wrestling...light slamming into the dirt...girth?
    Valentinus hums tunelessly - an old song which reminds him of the forest - and absentmindedly tugs at his moustaches.

It is a bean from a far away land. It is possessed by spirits that bring fire to the mind and trembles to thy hands.
    Last edited by crossroad; 12-21-2013 at 06:32.

Oh! But I will be in the Arena... of some south Atlantic beach!

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Anybody got an idea how your loyal servant would increase your money stash during the breaks? Selling merchendise, blackmail (that sounds awfully risky)?
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Anybody got an idea how your loyal servant would increase your money stash during the breaks? Selling merchendise, blackmail (that sounds awfully risky)?
    Do some hard work, like lift stuff and whatnot.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post

No, it is what perception is used for (I think). But the question is, how to train it between battles. Of course, the best training for all traits would be to smash enemy, but there is also time in between

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

And I think that I have an idea how to use servant to train my perception...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    I would also say a little wager now and then helps. Or predict the future to a naive passant, or steal from others stashes or look for money people dropped or picking up the trash on the street, or robbing a wealthy Roman, or selling autographs.
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 12-21-2013 at 21:28.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

4 hours to go, Several fairly active players in thread have not sent me any orders. (There will not be an extension)

If you believe you've sent me orders please check your Sent folder and make sure, you don't want to miss out and lose your chance to improve your character.

That is all, hope everybody is having a good weekend so far

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

@Zain: Did you receive my stuff? The moaning of my interne.. err women has reached a climax!
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    @Zain: Did you receive my stuff? The moaning of my interne.. err women has reached a climax!
    Yes I have

How about mine, Zain?

Sorry I haven't been thread active, I'll get better

Discussion Phase has begun!

What is the point of this phase?

Well, given the nature of this game, a lot of variables are being crunched at the same time. So to guarantee a write-up exactly at the end of every Order Phase would be highly unrealistic. The primary reason for this phase is to give your Host a chance to bring you your results and a quality write-up when he has time to do so.

What's your job while I do all the work?

Discussion to influence your Luck Factor is YOUR primary objective. Role play (I know you want to).

What else?

The phase after this one is the Arena Phase. You all will get the chance to join us there, but you MUST tell me. As per the rules, you have three options...

1.) You may Challenge... Want to fight another player? Challenge:Zain then the "challengee" must Accept Challenge:ATPG. Odds are, you will get what you want IF both of you agree. Wish to challenge a particular NPC? Say so! You may get what you want. (Note: Challenging a higher ranked NPC will dramatically decrease your odds of success)
    2.) You may Request... Want to fight in the Arena or an exhibition match but don't care who you fight? Then say "I wish to Request to fight in the Arena" or something to that effect. You may also Request an Exhibition Match or Request an Advanced Exhibition Match.
    3.) You may choose not to fight in the Arena. Do this by saying so "I wish to Decline my attendance in the Arean" or just say nothing.

So get to posting! I will work on the Private and Public Write-ups and post them before the end of this phase. Any Requests, Challenges, etc that are placed after the deadline will not be taken into account.

Any questions? Go ahead and ask

Time Remaining:

I would also say a little wager now and then helps. Or predict the future to a naive passant, or steal from others stashes or look for money people dropped or picking up the trash on the street, or robbing a wealthy Roman, or selling autographs.
    Loyal to all of us, maybe not just one in particular. Stealing from others stashes may not work. Steal my stash and the "loyal servant" would be a deadman!

Festus, fisherman, I'll net you down and pierce you with my trident.

I also happen to be pretty tall, good reach in case I'm stuck going against another Retarius.

I'm going to Challenge someone but I haven't decided who yet. Who become a Veteranus and eventually enter the Palus heirarchy first would lead to great advantage...

So, here's the break down:
    @crossroad - Decimus - House of Lucilius - Novicius
    @Darth Feather - Tullius - House of Lucilius - Novicius
    @Ironside - Berno - House of Lucilius - Novicius
    @rickinator9 - Amulius - House of Lucilius - Novicius
    @Stildawn - Cicero - House of Lucilius - Novicius

@Chief Pappy - Festus - House of Avidius - Novicius
    @Double A - Optimus - House of Avidius - Novicius
    @Ferret - Cato - House of Avidius - Novicius
    @Ishmael - Ambustus - House of Avidius - Novicius
    @Jarema - Sextus - House of Avidius - Novicius
    @LazyMcCrow - Valentinus - House of Avidius - Novicius

I suggest we here at Lucilius extend the olive branch to Avidius and band together and destroy Maxentius and Quintinius! That will help build our rankings and wealth. It seems I remember reading there is a rivalry between our two houses but our host chose to remove that. Not sure if that still exists, but I'm assuming we can all agree to play our characters as united together. There are plenty of other NPC's to pick on. Thoughts?
    Last edited by crossroad; 12-22-2013 at 01:58.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That sounds ridiculously drastic.

Zain, I'm super busy right now so don't expect a whole lot of posting.

I suggest we here at Lucilius extend the olive branch to Avidius and band together and destroy Maxentius and Quintinius! That will help build our rankings and wealth. It seems I remember reading there is a rivalry between our two houses but our host chose to remove that. Not sure if that still exists, but I'm assuming we can all agree to play our characters as united together. There are plenty of other NPC's to pick on. Thoughts?
    What is this foolish talk? Join together and pick on those in a weaker House? Bah!

Challenge: Darth Feather.

I've heard enough of this cowardly nonsense. Let us fight, Gallus versus Gallus, to make the superiority of Avidius clear to all.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast