Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gladiator: Houses Collide

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Default Re: Gladiator: Houses Collide

I request fighting in arena!

Valentinus requests to fight in the Arena

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    What is this foolish talk? Join together and pick on those in a weaker House? Bah!

Challenge: Darth Feather.

I've heard enough of this cowardly nonsense. Let us fight, Gallus versus Gallus, to make the superiority of Avidius clear to all.
    Accept Challenge: Ishmael. What are you going to do, knock me out with your unbearable stench? Or are you ready to experience another Alesia?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Valentinus challenge Sextus (Jarema) (also previous request to arena fight still active if possible)

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

You better get ready, gallic scum Ambustus. I sent a message to one of my former acquaintances, who is an augur. He stated: the eagle is soaring high from the north. This clearly is a sign the Roman under us will win. Or do your non-existent gods tell you something else?

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    Valentinus challenge Sextus (Jarema) (also previous request to arena fight still active if possible)
    I refuse. I do not like people you, fighting with those swords and trying to get as close to the enemy as you can. Fighting should be something different than a hugging!

OOC: I want to fight against someone, who is not a gallus (as I am penalized against this type)
    Last edited by Jarema; 12-22-2013 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    I refuse. I do not like people you, fighting with those swords and trying to get as close to the enemy as you can. Fighting should be something different than a hugging!

OOC: I want to fight against someone, who is not a gallus (as I am penalized against this type)
    I would agree with you, but only when you are fighting Gauls (you might get some germs); but your attitude is bad. You are just scared to come in close. We Romans used to fight with a Gladius.

Techie Rock Star Member crossroad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    What is this foolish talk? Join together and pick on those in a weaker House? Bah!

Challenge: Darth Feather.

I've heard enough of this cowardly nonsense. Let us fight, Gallus versus Gallus, to make the superiority of Avidius clear to all.
    Spoken like a true Novicius! Foolish talk cometh from those who rush quickly into battle with one of the superior houses! It is not from cowardice that I speak, but from ambition. If the two of you go to battle, surely one of you will die - most likely, Ambustus (Ishmael). You are no match for my house brother, Tullius (Darth Feather). Yea, a time is coming when Avidius and Lucilius will collide. And I welcome it! But today, we must increase in stature - far above novicius before we enter into thoughtless dissension.
    This is my Signature. Just imagine it being a mind blowing axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post

Valentinus, to challenge your own house brother to possible death is the kind of attitude that will cause your house to fall! I ask for latitude from my own brothers as I point this out about your house, but with matches such as this, surly Avidius can not stand!

Requests to fight in the Arena in an exhibition match

Quote Originally Posted by crossroad View Post
    Requests to fight in the Arena in an exhibition match
    I see that the exhibition opponits are all 7's.

UnRequest

Challenge: Seneca from the House of Maxentius

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I, Optimus, challenge: Lugo to a friendly match to better us both, and to see if his superior experience and skill can best my strength and fighting style. There can be no doubt that we will both grow as warriors and men.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

All private results have been posted, 89/11 active players. If you did not receive a PM from me, that's because I did not receive a PM from you first.

PM's for missed orders will be accepted until the end of this Discussion Phase, but only for this first round.

Standby for epicness the write-up!
    Last edited by Zain; 12-22-2013 at 22:14.

The Legislator of Lol Member Stildawn's Avatar

Cicero Challenges: Aulus

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Write-up 1

House of Avidius

"The House of Avidius swells with new blood for the sands." Doctore Titanius commented, greeting his Dominus.

Hadrianus Marianus Avidius, a man of arrogance and pride, responded with a smile on his face, "To be spilled by none other than Lucilius' men, no doubt."

The two walked together, viewing the stock, "Do any show potential?" Dominus inquired.

Doctore sighed, "Most are mediocre at best, soft from lack of sword or whip."

Dominus eyed a tall lean man wielding a net, "What of that one?" Doctore glanced over, "Festus is his name, training as a Retarius. He shows potential, but none to rival our Champion."

Dominus laughed, "None in this House could stand an equal to Terentius! Save for yourself of course, a past Champion who's brought much glory to this ludus."

Doctore bowed his head, "Dominus."

Avidius strolled a bit more, his bright robe the only sign of color in the yard, "What of that one?" He pointed to a tall man, not quite the stature of Festus, wielding a sword and shield. "We call him Valentinus but he insists on calling himself "Getinbetarix" and commonly mentions the forest from whence he came and his Gods."

Dominus laughed even harder, "Slave needs to forget his past, he is who we say he is now. This is his home."

House of Lucilius

"He said what!?" Dominus Livianus Septimius Lucilius yelled, slamming his fist down on the table at which he sat.

His wife Livia, standing next to him, spoke boldly, "No slave shall deny his dominus, not without punishment!"

Doctore Ovidius bowed his head, "What would you have me do, Dominus?"

Lucilius stood up and walked around the desk, indirectly speaking to his Doctore, "I command respect and honor from my gladiators..." He looked Ovidius in the eye, "Go open his eyes."

Doctore bowed quickly, "Yes Dominus!" and left the room. He walked quickly, down the staircase and to the left, through the courtyard, then down two stories to the cells where the new slaves were kept who had yet to receive the mark.

He approached the guard at the door, "Orders of the Dominus, open cell."

The guard hesitated, then opened the gate where the five were. Doctore reached in and grabbed Decimus, the thinner man training to be a Retarius, and threw him onto the ground of the training area.

"Doctore..." Decimus began, but Ovidius denied him speech by a kick in the face. He bent down and landed a few solid punches to the nose and eye of the man, leaving him bleeding and cowering. "Dominus demands your cooperation, or die a faceless slave! There will be no "peace", there will be no "friendship" with Avidius' men. There will only be glory and honor in the Arena!" Doctore landed one more kick to finish the job. He looked at the guard and pointed to the bleeding man, "See him to the medicus..."
    Last edited by Zain; 12-22-2013 at 23:00.

Members thankful for this post (2):

OOC: Man, with this kind of Write-Up's I love this game even more (get's me in a Roman mood).

Default Gladiator: Houses Collide

I do not think it wise to challenge members of our own House, we might as well kill ourselves and let Lucilius have our splendor.

Challenge: Seneca
    Last edited by Chief Pappy; 12-22-2013 at 23:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    "Doctore..." Decimus began, but Ovidius denied him speech by a kick in the face. He bent down and landed a few solid punches to the nose and eye of the man, leaving him bleeding and cowering. "Dominus demands your cooperation, or die a faceless slave! There will be no "peace", there will be no "friendship" with Avidius' men. There will only be glory and honor in the Arena!" Doctore landed one more kick to finish the job. He looked at the guard and pointed to the bleeding man, "See him to the medicus..."[/I]
    OOC: Ok, that didn't go as planned. I'll be sure and use OOC from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Pappy View Post
    I do not think it wise to challenge members of our own House, we might as well kill ourselves and let Lucilius have our splendor.

Challenge: Seneca
    Chief Pappy, Seneca is mine in the arena. Maybe afterward they shall deliver his dead corps to your cell for you to have your way with!

Doctore and brothers of Lucilius, I have NO allegiance to Avidius! Do not let the gross misinterpretation of my words be measuring stick of my loyalty. Dominus chose to make an example of me - which I wholeheartedly except. But this shall not change my plan, for I will bring victory and bounty to the House of Lucilius!

Chief Pappy, Seneca is mine in the arena. Maybe afterward they shall deliver his dead corps to your cell for you to have your way with!
    You are immediatly fighting sine missione. That's a gamble, I tell you.

I shall leave you lying in your own squalor, little man.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    You are immediatly fighting sine missione. That's a gamble, I tell you.
    It is not my intent, but sometimes death is unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Pappy View Post
    I shall leave you lying in your own squalor, little man.
    @Chief Pappy
    Festus
    (Retarius)
    Height - 193cm (6'4")
    Weight - 86kg (190lbs)

@crossroad
    Decimus
    (Retarius)
    Height - 175.5cm (5'10")
    Weight - 72kg (159lbs)

My stature dwarfs you in my mind, slave I have heard of the way you "train" at Avidius. One of your partners, I mean brothers, has already "shared":

Valentinus hums tunelessly - an old song which reminds him of the forest - and absentmindedly tugs at his moustaches.

Challenge: Aulus

He is not worthy of the Veteranus rank.

Zain, when and how can we dialog with the loyal servant?

Having spent a little time wrestling (with those of his House who were willing to grapple the Gaulish giant), Valentinus found himself mildly fatigued and certainly no richer for the experience: Yet his overall humours had improved. The Gods had clearly chosen him a path on which a warriors skills might surely be improved. Valentinus lay back and fell into a deep and restful sleep: His dreams hidden - buried beneath exhaustion - were troubled, only slightly, by visions of finding himself in the arena, armed with naught but a copper-haired young beauty and spinning in some kind of dance with the carefree abandon only achieved by those who have never suffered the defeat and bondage, that a victorious Rome inflicts upon its foes.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

"I wish to Request to fight in the Arena for Glory and Valour."
    Last edited by rickinator9; 12-23-2013 at 13:23.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

How literate were Romans? Or their servants?

Zain, when and how can we dialog with the loyal servant?
    During the Order Phase via PM to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    How literate were Romans? Or their servants?
    Literate enough to write and read simple messages/notes.

Literate enough to read scrolls on battles/techniques lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Literate enough to read scrolls on battles/techniques lol.
    I guess that depends on if there are any

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast