Thread: Giving the Getai a go for the first time... hints + tips?

Default Giving the Getai a go for the first time... hints + tips?

Hey guys!

Going to give the Getai a go for the first time! I usually go with the Hellenic factions so does anyone have any general hints and tips for a noob Getai player?

Cheers

Default Re: Giving the Getai a go for the first time... hints + tips?

if you played with the lusitanians the getai are fairly the same for the 1st part of the game flexibility flexibility and manouverability their skirmishers are great to ambush circle flank and one particular favourite of mine i like to call the crossfire (keep units hidden with the auto fire off and when the time comes unleash all of your firepower against the right side and back of your enemies preferably if they are already engaged )
    their elite cavalary units are great and they do come with alot of options they have their own native horse arshers but skitia is your next door neighbour going there and recruiting horse archer armies is a viable option (by building native barracks or just dropping by with a family member and recruiting the mercenaries)

you can do something similarly with your southern neighbours if your acostumed to hellenes it might be easyer for you

mines and balkans one of those combinations that you can never trully avoid take as many setlements with mines as you can and maybe try to postpone the conquering of pella a developed mine there is a bonus like no other ( 3 gold mines )

the orcas and other kelts are your great friends so thrakian swordman skordisci orca triballoi and even the boii can suply you with great soldiers

downside to all of this ... your navy sucks but the biggest rooster of troops in the game and the balkanic mines should prove usefull

play another one :)
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

The Scythian cities like Pantakopaion (Cant remember the correct spelling) can also give you some great units like the Bosphoran Archers and Scythian Noble Cavalry (Close to the best cavalry unit in the roster besides the General's Bodyguard).