Thread: DeI (Divide et Impera) Mod is fabulous

Default DeI (Divide et Impera) Mod is fabulous

I have played vanilla Rome II for over 220 hours now, and honestly have had a lot of fun. I am not opposed to mods, but generally like to play vanilla to get a good bas experience first, then start looking into mods. Most of the time they don't stick.

Well, the DeI (Divide et Impera) mod, so big it takes three parts in the workshop, is fabulous!

It felt like a polished game and I love it.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Default Re: DeI (Divide et Impera) Mod is fabulous

Yes, it"s a wonderfull mod. Finally, its weaker parts are the meaningfull ressources (which the AI can't manage with) and Helbents mod which nwould need more polishing. But I just can'y play R2 without this mod anymore. I think it's mainly because the battle's pace fit me and the slingers and javeliners are not efficient as a gatling machine gun.

It's a nice mod but some things are a little stupid, like battle lines never breaking, until someone gets flanked, legionaires never tiring out and spartan hoplites just generally being unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    It's a nice mod but some things are a little stupid, like battle lines never breaking, until someone gets flanked, legionaires never tiring out and spartan hoplites just generally being unbreakable.
    True that the mod is not perfect. And the battles are slightly too long now. But what do you mean when u say '' battle lines never breaking" ? I ve seen battle line collapsing due to unit's routing with this mod. As for a battle line breaking because of the ennemy's pushing I'm not sure I saw it in R2 or it was really ugly because of the absence of push/mass, etc...
    Last edited by Alcibiade; 03-19-2014 at 16:45.