Thread: System Requirements of EB2

Question System Requirements of EB2

Hi - I've played EB for a few years now and it is probably the best mod I've ever played, hats off etc. My laptop is beginning to age though - it can handle RTW supremely fast, EB1 fairly fast and M2TW at medium-low settings. What kind of requirements is EB2 likely to have? How will my computer fare?

I have
    Pentium Dual Core T4300
    4GB Ram
    GMA 4500MHD overclocked with mod drivers.

Thanking you.

Default Re: System Requirements of EB2

Not too well I fear, for the first release we won't have any LODs for units made. This will have a big impact.
    Apart from that we also have added more details to pretty much every aspect of the game: units, campaign features, battlefield, etc.

The most important hardware will be the graphic card.

Thus I would say, minimum spec:
    CPU: 1.6GHz Dual Core processor/ 3GHz Single Core processor
    GPU: 256MB video card(shader model 2), recommended cards: NVidia Geforce GT 610 or AMD HD6450
    RAM: 1 GB
    Resolution: 1024x768

Recommended spec:
    CPU: Intel Core i3(or greater)
    GPU: 512MB video card(shader model 2), recommended cards: NVidia Geforce GTX 650 or AMD HD7790/R7 260X
    RAM: 2 GB
    Resolution: 1920x1080

Members thankful for this post (4):

Reckon I can scrape it. It's probably the one game this year worth buying a new computer for! That RAM requirement is a hell of a lot lower than I would have expected though. Even upgrading from 3GB to 4GB made a big difference for me in turn-times in EB1.

Yeah, LODs are what make M2TW playable for me. Beyond a couple of hundred yards they're all sprites. Looks fine for me - are you planning on implementing that in later releases along with lower resolution textures? I'll give you a big wet kiss if you do.

Always the more the better, it depends on your OS. The new ones consume more RAM.
    So that would be the free RAM when starting the game.

Yes, we plan to do that in later releases. Not worth making a low-res release as textures don't affect performance that much, except if you have a really old video card with less memory than I mentioned.
    Although we will probably make an high-res textures pack.

Then I hope you're a girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    Then I hope you're a girl...
    Because Tux is going to be dishing out lap dances like candy canes on Christmas!

Tux's stocking was so full he was more than happy to share! (NSFW)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-------------------------

Back on topic; The system I'm currently stuck with is:
    Athelon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600, 2 gigs of Ram, and a Geforce 6150 LE.

I literally just threw all the options down to low or none and I can play pretty much every aspect of the game except for two problems: Bringing in the camera close up during a battle. And lastly, the turns. They start to progressively require more processing power the longer you play (this could just be my system).
    "The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." -Tucholsky

Members thankful for this post (2):

KullTux 

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

For me there's only one setting I care about, and could happily set everything else to minimum: Unit Size. I want as many people on my battlefields as possible, anything less than Huge looks weird.

My system is an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT640 with 1GB video RAM.

Will the old "run the game on a different core to all the other processes" trick work with M2TW?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 01-12-2014 at 13:41.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post:

I have guess that the computer that i made for playing is not going to let me play well,
    the reason for that is my FX-8350 8 core 4,0Ghz. Etc 1 core at 100% and 7 idling

GPU is GTX 760 2GB OC And i have 16gb of ram at 1600Mhz. Windows 7 64bit
    Velho and his hoplites - By Unknown

No, you should be peachy.
    But since sadly M2TW isn't multi-core optimized you won't have 40+ avg fps.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    For me there's only one setting I care about, and could happily set everything else to minimum: Unit Size. I want as many people on my battlefields as possible, anything less than Huge looks weird.
    That's my attitude too.

I'm currently looking to buy a DinoPC Microraptor 4670K gaming mini-pc with a 4.3 Ghz overclock on it's watercooled Core i5 - so hopefully that should set me up for Huge unit size and decent graphics settings, and a 240GB SSD should handle the loading times.

My old M11x R2 laptop just can't cut it even with EB1, I have to have the settings way low to use Huge unit size.
    Last edited by Titus Marcellus Scato; 03-18-2014 at 16:05.

Member thankful for this post:

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

That is pretty overkill specs - my 1st gen i5 CPU with GeForce555 GPU laptop handles EBII on huge very smoothly and the loading times seem to be quicker than they used to be fot EB1 on the same computer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    That is pretty overkill specs - my 1st gen i5 CPU with GeForce555 GPU laptop handles EBII on huge very smoothly and the loading times seem to be quicker than they used to be fot EB1 on the same computer anyway.
    Thanks, useful info. Is that at maximum detail level?

Update: I think I can get away with the Dino PC Mini Roar, even with lots of upgrades I'll save about £300 from the Microraptor, so will be able to get a nice new monitor. Cheers, Marvin!

(Hmm... 24 inch or 27 inch monitor? Decisions, decisions...)
    Last edited by Titus Marcellus Scato; 03-21-2014 at 14:43.