Thread: Wrong Units in Custom Battles???

Default Wrong Units in Custom Battles???

I tried two custom battles, first as Hayasdan (Armenians) then the Romans. The Armenians seem to have their units plus a bunch of random stuff like Celtic axemen that make no sense. And the Romans don't have any of their own units, just random other stuff (different random stuff than what the Armenians have). But when I let the computer choose the units, it picks the correct ones, usually including some that aren't even in the list. This is the 1.2 version. What's going on?

EDIT: It seems that every faction has this problem.
    Last edited by Morshu9001; 02-28-2014 at 07:22.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Wrong Units in Custom Battles???

Hello Morshu, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

From the FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Q: In custom battles or multiplayer the unit selection is missing units.
    A: All of the regionals cause a problem for the custom battle / multiplayer list. There is a special EDU for custom battles / multiplayer in the "...Rome- Total War\EB\mp custom game edu" folder. Rename your campaign EDU then place the EDU from that folder into the "...Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. When you want to play a campaign again, switch back to your original EDU. EB v1.1 now comes with the trivial script, which will automatically switch the files for you. To play custom battles or multiplayer battles with all of your factional units, run the "Play Multiplayer" option of the trivial script.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Wrong Units in Custom Battles???

Thanks, very simple solution! I realize now that that was a newbie question. One weird problem I still have is that the Ptolemaioi have Gaeroas (Celtic Spearmen) and Lugoae (Celtic Levy Spearmen) in custom battles even though the rest of the units are as they should be.
    Last edited by Morshu9001; 03-24-2014 at 06:25.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wrong Units in Custom Battles???

I don't recall the exact Ptolemaioi unit roster, but those may represent levy units from the Galatian colonists.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!