Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Climate in the Iron Age

Brigantium, Artabria, dangerously close to the sea

Default Re: Climate in the Iron Age

That's right. Here on the other side of the border it's called the Limia, and apparently the legionaries didn't like idea of amnesia induced from from crossing it, because they equated it with the infamous Lethe. So Decimus Junius Brutus crossed and called them all one by one by name.

Problem is, how the hell do you remember the names of 5000 legionaries?

Member thankful for this post:

if he was rich he had a specialized slave whoese only work was to remember the name of people

it was very usefull for political people trying to gain favour i can´t recall the name it was given to those specialized slave my classics teacher gave it once on the roman social organization and he went on for around 20 minutes explaining what kind of specialized slaves there where and what where their jobs the diference beteween state slaves and private slaves and so forth

after it he went into the original shopping centers or malls with 6 story where in the lower store there where fruits and vegetables and further up the scale more and more expensive products such as clothing armour and so forth

there´s also memory tricks once can use if you fallow the organized list all you have to remember is maniple1 century 1 8 names (10 if you count the 2 slaves) and so forth

nomenclatvr i think the name was or something very similar for that kind of slave

what one can find with some google skills
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomenclator_(nomenclature)

the name was nomenclator and i imagine that if that junius wanted to have a political career he would have one such usefull caracther wich should exist in eb2 and it should give 1 influence
    Last edited by moonburn; 03-24-2014 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by sirtim View Post
    That's right. Here on the other side of the border it's called the Limia, and apparently the legionaries didn't like idea of amnesia induced from from crossing it, because they equated it with the infamous Lethe. So Decimus Junius Brutus crossed and called them all one by one by name.

Problem is, how the hell do you remember the names of 5000 legionaries?
    Ermmm it's a legend :) ...

Anyway if something even close to that really happened, all he had to do was to shout the name of a couple of centurions for the whole herd to follow...I am sure he could remember those...bloody romans...
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it" - Gaius Julius Caesar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12