Thread: The Secret World

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Secret World

Anyone playing this one? Any thoughts?
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Default Re: The Secret World

I like it.

I haven't gotten too terribly far- my most advanced character is still on the Savage Coast.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

Excellent! I have played some other MMOs preciously - SWTOR was a favourite for a while, but find the UI mechanics on this one a bit counterintuitive... Just got to Kingsmooth myself with an Illuminati character... Have a shotgun, sword, pistol and AR at the moment, not sure what combination works best... Game seemed to suggest you can have 2 weapons...

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

If you're looking for some direction in your early ability selection, I'd recommend looking at some Starter Decks. My main started as a Polariser. I've heard that eventually you'll have every skill available to you- but early on, it's better to focus on no more than 2 weapons (You can have two types equipped at once).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maobwyn_picture018.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	12555

I haven't played TSW in maybe a week or two, but I think all of my characters were on the 'Grim' server....
    Last edited by Xiahou; 03-24-2014 at 03:38.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Ok, cool. So if you select a deck, does that automatically upskill the relevant skills? I'm playing on Arcadia at the moment...

The decks are basically just suggested builds. You still have to unlock the relevant skills yourself. Unlocking a deck earns your a uniform / article of clothing as well.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    The decks are basically just suggested builds. You still have to unlock the relevant skills yourself. Unlocking a deck earns your a uniform / article of clothing as well.
    Ah, interesting! I was getting a tad bored of the tank-topped AK-47 carrying look...

I've unlocked the first 2 semicircle things on my AR and blade now, but many of the fights in Kingsmough are still quite tough... Still unable to beat the 'veterans' mission.

Tried heading over to the next area since the story mission seems to be pointing me that way, but just got swarmed and died within minutes. Any tips? Any must-have gear I can pick up in Kingsmouth?

Quote Originally Posted by SwordsMaster View Post
    Ah, interesting! I was getting a tad bored of the tank-topped AK-47 carrying look...
    You can also go back to Agartha and travel to London, where they have stores that you can buy new clothing- it's quite pricey though.

I've unlocked the first 2 semicircle things on my AR and blade now, but many of the fights in Kingsmough are still quite tough... Still unable to beat the 'veterans' mission.

Tried heading over to the next area since the story mission seems to be pointing me that way, but just got swarmed and died within minutes. Any tips? Any must-have gear I can pick up in Kingsmouth?
    Before you leave Kingsmouth for the Savage Coast, you should be able to take on pretty much anything Kingsmouth has to offer and win.

What Quality Level (QL) is your equipment? You have to assign points to your different equipment slots to be able to equip higher QL gear. Higher level gear is essential to tackle more difficult enemies.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Hmm, ok, better find me some more quests in Kmth then... I'm running with QL 1-3 mostly, but I think I've been particularly unlucky with drops... only got 1-2 weapons from them, the rest is mostly white runes...