Thread: Medieval 2 and druzhina

Default Medieval 2 and druzhina

Looking through the first pages of the M2TW boards, 95% of the posts are made by druzhina, and have no replies.

It makes the board look kind of sad for the re-launch, as it seems some Asperger's Syndrome of a posting etiquette has completely hijacked the boards.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: Medieval 2 and druzhina

It looks a bit like "The Bloody Board" if you heard about it...

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Looking through the first pages of the M2TW boards, 95% of the posts are made by druzhina, and have no replies.

It makes the board look kind of sad for the re-launch, as it seems some Asperger's Syndrome of a posting etiquette has completely hijacked the boards.
    So, when an issue like this is raised does a mod respond? Because seriously, this spam from this guy no one reads is filling up the MTW2 forum just as we're trying to put it to real use with the re-launch to discuss the game, not look at spam by someone suffering form medieval OCD. Either politely ask him to stick them all in one thread or make his own sub forum where he can post to his hearts delight and everyone else can ignore.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is up to the mods involved in the relevant sections, typically, these threads are at home in the Monastery.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Member thankful for this post:

I posted about this in one of the threads a while ago and asked him whether it wouldn't be better to throw them all in the monastery but apparently pictures of all sorts of medieval military stuff are related to M2 and thus each and every single one of his finds deserves its own thread, even if nobody ever looks at it.

That was my problem with the Monastery, it became nothing but a place for 1 post links to stuff that really no one was looking at. There was an attempt to revive it but it failed as expected.

I for one welcome the Monastery's spammy new overlord. I suggest that his posts in the stickied Online Resources thread be retroactively dispersed into separate threads.

Shouldn't be too much more than a hundred new threads to make, which is a small price to pay for all the exposure that these valuable contributions would gain.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I for one welcome the Monastery's spammy new overlord. I suggest that his posts in the stickied Online Resources thread be retroactively dispersed into separate threads.

Shouldn't be too much more than a hundred new threads to make, which is a small price to pay for all the exposure that these valuable contributions would gain.
    I suggest you start working on it and provide Tiaexz with a 50 pages long report and 3 draft versions of each new thread to create within let's say 3 days.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

@druzhina , would you mind if @Gregoshi simply merged your threads? There's nothing wrong with them as such, but is true that 7 from the 20 most recent, non-stickied, threads in the M2:SP forum are yours and most of them only have the opening post. I have to admit it is a bit annoying.

Could you confine your info in one thread?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

I'll need "temporary" administrative privileges, probably.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    @druzhina , would you mind if @Gregoshi simply merged your threads?
    Andres, you mean Nelson.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Andres, you mean Nelson.

You all look the samen

We wouldn't have this problem if custom avatars would be allowed. Then you would use your favourite pink flying monkey in the sky avatar and Nelson his manly piano avatar.
    @Nelson

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Then you would use your favourite pink flying monkey in the sky avatar...
    Fuschia, not pink.
    This space intentionally left blank

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

yes many thanks to DUZHINA is needed! not only replies but no one thanks and even very few viewers in monastry specially.

We wouldn't have this problem if custom avatars would be allowed.

yes even i introduced here to my friends said, hey you mean the website that uses ONLY freaky and stupid Avatars?!! lol...........

at all someone tell me, is this "ORG" so much less viewed and Replied these recent years or it was since the beginning?!
    because .com and center is not like here! here is more like a ghost town!!
    Last edited by Empire*Of*Media; 05-24-2014 at 12:29.

*** rattles chains ***

BOOOO...!

Ja mata, TosaInu

Lightbulb Re: Medieval 2 and druzhina

How sad does a board look if most of the visible threads are weeks or months old?
    On TWC threads soon fall off the bottom of the page but the Org doesn't have enough threads of any kind to do that. It's not that I post a lot (I post more at TWC), it is that there are few posts in all. Perhaps a consolidaton by reducing the number of sub-forums would make it look like there is more interest? But your really just looking at the cosmetics not the wasting disease.

I too would prefer custom avatars or a least have people choose an avatar instead of a default.

Druzhina
    Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by druzhina View Post
    How sad does a board look if most of the visible threads are weeks or months old?
    On TWC threads soon fall off the bottom of the page but the Org doesn't have enough threads of any kind to do that. It's not that I post a lot (I post more at TWC), it is that there are few posts in all. Perhaps a consolidaton by reducing the number of sub-forums would make it look like there is more interest? But your really just looking at the cosmetics not the wasting disease.

I too would prefer custom avatars or a least have people choose an avatar instead of a default.

Druzhina
    Why do you even post all the stuff you do?

I am not being critical here, I am honestly curious :)

Why do you even post all the stuff you do?

I am not being critical here, I am honestly curious :)
    So that people who play and mod historically based games can see the primary sources, not just the fanciful modern (& copyrighted) pictures that abound on the web.

Druzhina
    11th Century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by druzhina View Post
    So that people who play and mod historically based games can see the primary sources, not just the fanciful modern (& copyrighted) pictures that abound on the web.

Druzhina
    11th Century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers
    Would it not be more efficient to create a blog about the medieval era, and then reference to it whenever you find a historical miss.

Again, I think your dedication to the task is splendid, so keep up the good work. But why don't you do it in a way that doesn't clog up a forum :)

I appreciate and welcome your effort, but you seriously could improve on the mechanics - to get your message across.

Would it not be more efficient to create a blog about the medieval era, and then reference to it whenever you find a historical miss.

Again, I think your dedication to the task is splendid, so keep up the good work. But why don't you do it in a way that doesn't clog up a forum :)

I appreciate and welcome your effort, but you seriously could improve on the mechanics - to get your message across.
    What do you mean by "clog up a forum"? It makes no sense. Is a forum like a drain? Does an extra post stop you finding any other post? If you want to find something from a month ago do you expect to find it on the front page of a sub-forum? This is a digital environment, it is not plumbing!
    If there are few posts by other people, the answer is to post more or complain less.

Druzhina
    13th Century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Husar 

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I like Druzhina's pictures. I almost always look at them. I don't post because they are pretty self-explanatory and don't invite discussion. That does not mean I don't appreciate them. Still, I think the best place for them is the historical forum (Monastery).
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

I agree with Myth. It might be nice to have them compiled in a thread for reference.
    I look at most of them, though I rarely comment on them.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Druzhina, a couple of the links are giving a very ugly message.

I put a screenshot of the message and two links so far in the spoiler.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Druzhina, a couple of the links are giving a very ugly message.
    These are to a free site which is a sub-domain of .uphero. Some security programs/browsers take the lazy way out and lump all sub-domains into one category. If you wish you can ask the people this security program is from to review it by sub-domain.

For my part I start new sites for new material but I don't know how the great variety of security programs/browsers rate the domains where the free sites are hosted.

Do a search for .uphero and try some sites with this as the domain and see if they are blocked. If not, it could be something about warfare.uphero.com.

Druzhina

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Druzhina dont feel alone. we will always support you at least i do always