Thread: New Free-LC soon

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

Default New Free-LC soon

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...09#post1127009

''Hello everyone,

We have a new announcement for you today about just part of our next free content update for ROME II, and a promise of more info to come in the next episode of Rally Point!

First up, we’ve been working on a brand new historical battle called the Battle of Pydna, which ties into the release of Total War Rome – Destroy Carthage (the first Total War novel) in the paperback format. This battle features as one of the opening (rather bloody) sequences in the book, written by Sunday Times Bestselling Author David Gibbins.

The history fans amongst you will know that this battle was fought as part of the Third Macedonian War in 168 BC and featured the massed forces of Lucius Aemilius Paullus of Rome and Perseus of Macedon on uneven terrain. It proved important in breaking the will of Macedon and gave the Romans a crucial advantage.

We were lucky enough to have a great sit-down with David, who as well as being an author is a historian, archaeologist and diver. Stay tuned to the next Rally Point for more on that.

Tomorrow we’re hoping to put out a Let’s Play which will show you the Battle of Pydna in a bit more detail.

We also have more free content, which myself and Will are going to reveal in Rally Point 20. That should be out this week! We’re putting the finishing touches to that episode now and we’ll have more for you very soon.

And before I sign off, here’s a head’s up on the double decker tease you might have seen out there this week – we’re planning TWO announcements, so another announcement coming on top of the Free-LC announcement. So you’ve only seen half the fun – you’ll have to tune in to Rally Point 20 for the next one!

And with it being the 20th episode of Rally Point (over 1.8m views to date, thank you so much!) we have to have a bit of our trademark silliness in there too.

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don’t miss a thing:
    https://www.youtube.com/subscription_...eativeassembly

Have an A1 day!

Craig ''
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; 05-20-2014 at 18:34.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: New Free-LC soon

Free content is always good. Glad CA is still doing these kind of things.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Myth 

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Default Rally Point - Episode 20: Free, new content and upcoming DLC announced

Well, this is getting tedious, patch and ''free lc'' immidietly followed by paid dlc. Oh mighty overlords, you love the community soo much. Anyway, a historic battle and getai are free. In the paid culture pack, pirates and raiders, they have included ardiei, tylis and the oddrysian kingdom.

So here it is:

Last edited by The Outsider; 05-22-2014 at 19:06.

Default Re: Rally Point - Episode 20: Free, new content and upcoming DLC announced

Im stoked for the Ardiaei!!!! Ive always found them to be an awesome faction (idk why)
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Rally Point - Episode 20: Free, new content and upcoming DLC announced

The Adriaei have absolutely demolished the mediterranean region in most of my games. I would love to try them, though what I'm stoked about are the THRACIANS! Tylis was actually a short-lived capitol of a celtic kingdom following some gallic raids on the balkans, but nevertheless I'm happy to finally be able to play the predecessors of my home country.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

New factions bum me out. At this rate I'll never beat the game with every faction.
    I like to stream

I also want to see masilla as a playable faction
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonska View Post
    New factions bum me out. At this rate I'll never beat the game with every faction.
    What kind of OCD wreck of human being would do that? I barely ever finish 3 campagins
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Wheeee, more generic shitty factions that somehow all boil down to being essentially Greek.

ive done 5 or 6

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    What kind of OCD wreck of human being would do that? I barely ever finish 3 campagins
    It's easy if you watch Netflix at the same time. Netflix and Rome 2 have almost become the same activity for me. It's so convenient, and House is an incredible show.
    I like to stream

Members thankful for this post (2):