Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: El Barto's Clueless Mafia Game #1

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: El Barto's Clueless Mafia Game #1

I should be doing a good job not reading as neutral at the moment.

I want the persons not weighing in on me or reading me as neutral to take a stand, because I will move my vote onto someone who has a neutral stance on me, to lynch, at the end of this round, if the vote tally is close.

This post is your big fat clue which team I'm on.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I know I am at times a bit too self-centric, but of all the players in this game, I have spoken the most and taken the most firm stands and explained my thought process.

I also know I have a reputation for being hard to read, but I'm challenging you to try. I am not trying to be unreadable when I am a villager in a game this small with no power roles.

You should be able to read me this game. If you don't try, I'll assume you're not taking a stand because you're not looking for scumbags to lynch, and for villagers to not lynch.

This should explain why I'm being so demanding about people reading me to put more into it. I want to see your thought process and it's too easy to hide it by saying you're not sure.

Get sure.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-07-2014 at 10:49.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    TFT: Ruling Pizza townie off the bat. He doesn't tend to read easily. That seems like either overconfidence, or an attempt to get on the good side of one of the more talkative (and therefore potentially influential) players.
    Well, it'll probably be overconfidence. Since Pizza is asking too, however, I can get also give my quick reasoning and impressions when I made that decision:

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Your top suspects then?
    Bah, @Jarema, who would you lynch out of Askthepizzaguy, Reidquat, and Ishmael?
    This is ATPG at his most villagery(From my limited experience): asking others opinions, and trying to tease out answers. I haven't played many games with him yet, but from what I have seen, there's a slight reservedness in his play when he isn't villaging, trying to step on as few toes as possible while still trying to give his usual style of analysis. I don't see that here yet.

I won't quote it, but his reads also didn't feel in any way altered, and he took a strong stand on his opinions. Since it's too early to tell if his opinions and votes are trying to steer people in directions for mafia means, however, I have to assume at the moment that he's a villager not worried about giving bad opinions or stepping on people's toes.

So, I gave a villager lean/read based off the info I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Well, the meta analysis and post analysis were naturally separate. The meta analysis was of Visor's scumfinding ability, whilst the post analysis was about my opinions on how I might vote. There really wasn't much overlap.
    Separating the two ideas is fine. It's how you did it I had a problem with.

"As for serious post analysis"

The word choice of serious rubbed really wrong with me. I read it, and it gave a strong impression that the other part of the post was less serious and shouldn't be taken seriously. Like there might be something that would look incriminating that should be overlooked.

And when I looked back at the voting and viser's vote, it looks like it might have been a slight reactionary distancing, even if unintentional, of reasoning against Viser's gut vote. Thus, my vote. It's the thing that looked most out of place to me so far.

TFT's analysis of me seems fine.

I think I did a good job breaking from my wolf pattern this time. I should be able to eat a murder this game with ease, especially if I lynch a wolf today.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

@Ishmael

I mean that you tend to find me suspicious more often - I know it isn't default course of action *cough* jarema *cough*.

Tell me @Askthepizzaguy or @Bladescape

Does TFT normally latch onto something like that? I don't see what he seems to with regards to Ishmael's wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post

Does TFT normally latch onto something like that? I don't see what he seems to with regards to Ishmael's wording.
    I'd need more data on TFT but, TFT is an analytical player.

Not only do I believe he thinks he sees something there, it's also something I'm almost certain he's not faking. I feel it's difficult for a scum TFT to pull that line out of his butt.

You don't have to see what he sees, I am not sure I do either, but the thinking process feels hard to counterfeit.

I am still learning TFT, so it's difficult to be safely confident about him, but I feel confident regardless.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Visor, you know me well enough to know that your vote on me right now would not make me particularly uneasy as scum.

So, I'm just asking- do you think you're voting for a wolf right now?

If your vote moves before end of round, I won't think anything of it. If it remains, I'll want an explain.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Visor, you know me well enough to know that your vote on me right now would not make me particularly uneasy as scum.

So, I'm just asking- do you think you're voting for a wolf right now?

If your vote moves before end of round, I won't think anything of it. If it remains, I'll want an explain.
    No. But that isn't why I voted you in the first place.

No. But that isn't why I voted you in the first place.
    Mmm hmm *nodding*

No nibbles. Perhaps the scums aren't biting.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

There are others to hear from, notably more from Riedquat, jarema, AA.

The lines can be cast, but sometimes one must be patient.

I felt like it was pretty straightforward: The use of the word serious feels like an attempt to keep people away from looking closely at the logic behind your conversation, because he's worried about the meta-analysis conversation.

I guess it's fairly minor, but it just didn't read well to me at all.

EDIT: Going to sleep, be on tomorrow a bit if you need to address something to me.
    Last edited by TFT; 06-07-2014 at 13:15.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TFT View Post
    I don't like the Reidquat and kumquat first interaction at all if players are starting serious. But I also don't know the general community of The Org so I don't know how commonplace joke votes like those are for day one.
    Dude, we're never serious on day 1. I'm scared. Someone hold me.

To clarify a tiny bit, AA voting away from bandwagons is slightly suspicious, but not lynchworthy.
    It's prolly worth noting that I rarely jump on bandwagons because of Newton's First Law.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Snip-a-dee-doo-dah, snip-a-dee-ay
    I have a total read on you, Pizzaman. You aren't town. You aren't mafia. You aren't even third party.

You're forth party. You're so neutral and removed from the events of the major factions that you're completely not at all. You're basically Hannibal Lecter made out of antimatter.

I don't like the Reidquat and kumquat first interaction at all if players are starting serious. But I also don't know the general community of The Org so I don't know how commonplace joke votes like those are for day one.
    Understandable, but it wasn't me who started it, who is in the players list? Me or kumquat? It is okay for me, people call me kumquat, scumquat, reidquat and riedquat... :P

I know I am at times a bit too self-centric
    Nah!! Really? Nobody noticed, ever! :P But don't change, we love you as you are!

But seriously, generally you always read me as scum, as town, as mafia and as third party, I don't remember a single time you had put me on the clear list... perhaps I'm always scummy!

There are others to hear from, notably more from Riedquat, jarema, AA.

The lines can be cast, but sometimes one must be patient.
    Here, you are the one who can read me as an open book, if you think I'm mafia, you are probably right or you are scum yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Dude, we're never serious on day 1. I'm scared. Someone hold me.
    I have a total read on you, Pizzaman. You aren't town. You aren't mafia. You aren't even third party.

You're forth party. You're so neutral and removed from the events of the major factions that you're completely not at all. You're basically Hannibal Lecter made out of antimatter.
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    First-past-the-post is an election system in which a plurality, instead of a majority, wins.
    When I think "first past the post," I think of the US system where the first candidate to pass a certain threshold ("pass the post") wins.

At work now- wont be changing my vote.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

You're forth party.
    forth party
    forth
    forth
    Vote: Double A

Haven't left yet.

You know what? Lynching Double A for reasons such as these, I am convinced.

Let the votes come forth.

Unvote, Vote Double A
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

At work now- wont be changing my vote.
    I lied. Now I'm at work.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Vote: Double A
    That was a Freudian slip, actually. My subconscious wants me to rewatch Blackadder again.

Unvote; Vote: Double A

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

DAY ONE

Most people showed up, and voted. It turns out, that Double A was the wrong battery size to be.

Ishmael 1 (TFT)
    Double A 3 (Ishmael; Zack; Askthepizzaguy) LYNCHED
    Jarema 1 (Riedquat)
    Visorslash 1 (Jarema)
    Riedquat 1 (Double A)
    Askthepizzaguy 1 (Visorslash)

Not voting, @edse, @Bladescape (2)

He was not part of the mafia, though.
    1. Double A LYNCHED DAY ONE, Innocent
    2. Kumquat
    3. Askthepizzaguy
    4. edse
    5. TFT
    6. Jarema
    7. Bladescape
    8. Ishmael
    9. Zack
    10. Visorslash

It is now Night One, during which a kill shall be decided in secret by the mafia.
    This phase will last:
    Posting is still allowed.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    When I think "first past the post," I think of the US system where the first candidate to pass a certain threshold ("pass the post") wins.
    Oh. Well, it's UK English. But the term is also used when discussing voting systems in U.S. Electoral College elections.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Most people showed up, and voted. It turns out, that Double A was the wrong battery size to be.
    I blame the metric system.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Finally, if what you guys say about Jarema and his voting patterns is true, his vote doesn't seem like a wolf tell at the moment. I do want to hear more from him for being so cautious about his first vote.
    I try to vote for Visor at every first day. Sometimes, I change this vote later if he is going to be lynched.

As for Riedquat and Kumquat, I read this as his 'normal' behavior (Kumquat is his nickname).

EDIT: sorry, I wrote this answer before reading rest of the thread
    Last edited by Jarema; 06-08-2014 at 07:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy
    Edse is not pulling his weight yet; however, I'd give you an obvious reason why if you asked, but don't ask. It's null. I have a feeling he might miss the round altogether, and I believe his absence is not a conscious decision on his part.
    [Zaccinoclaps.gif]

Sorry, I've been so busy getting splinters in my hands and bruises on my knees that I forgot to check the forum.

NIGHT ONE

Zack was found dead in the morning, killed by some shifty scummiosi who made the GM's day by ensuring that the new None Shall Pass game would have the man's undivided attention.

List of players:
    1. Double A LYNCHED DAY ONE, Innocent
    2. Kumquat
    3. Askthepizzaguy
    4. edse
    5. TFT
    6. Jarema
    7. Bladescape
    8. Ishmael
    9. Zack KILLED NIGHT ONE, Innocent
    10. Visorslash

It is now Day Two. Vote for a player to be lynched in bold.
    This phase will last:

Can I still talk and stuff?

Blog Entries

OP doesn't say anything about it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast