Poll: Which Submod Should We Use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Character Hotseat

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Custom Character Hotseat

I could go with either the Ironborn or Lannisters. Apart from getting a custom character, will anything else be different? Will this handle like an RPG with personal income needed to raise and maintain troops? Or do we just get a character and have an otherwise regular hotseat with the faction?
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Just a normal hotseat beyond the character. Only difference is that RP is encouraged more than usual (though not required)

I think i'll pass on this, it sounds fun and all but not enough for me to make the time. :p

I would be interested in the reach

Faction: Stark

Biography: Stephen Bolton is the bastard brother of the current King of the Dreadfort: Domeric Bolton. However, after being exiled from his brother's court he took refuge with the Starks at Winterfell. There, the King of the North legitimised him and named him lord of the Dreadfort. Although he is loyal to the Starks he still maintains the Bolton tradition of flaying prisoners. After all: a naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none.

Character Name: Stephen Bolton

Character Age: 32

Character Picture: [Use a picture of Roose Bolton with his sigil behind him]

Character Ancillaries:
    Flayed captives [use a picture of a flayed man] - Dread +2 Line of sight +3- The prisoners that Lord Bolton flays reveal information about enemy movements and the surrounding area. Either that or they lose a finger or two...

Lord of the Dreadfort- This man has been granted the lordship of the Dreadfort by the true King in the North. +1 command +2 dread

Character Traits:
    Night Fighter - 0
    Energetic (Energetic 2)- 2
    Natural Commander (NaturalMilitarySkill 2)- 2
    Harsh Taskmaster (Disciplinarian 3)- 3
    Promising Strategist (StrategicSkill 1) -1
    Loyaltystarter- 0

Adding on the traits is 2 so in total I believe I have kept to the 10 rule.
    Last edited by Dr Mac; 07-03-2014 at 18:28.

Well, seeing as this seem a go with little issue finding players I'd like to solidify my claim on Hoare/greyjoy.

Biography: To come, but he is a fanatical psycopath

Character Name: Forlorn Brimstone
    Character Age: 25
    Character Ancillaries: A skin of holy seawater ( +3 piety - 2 HP and +1 dread ) and an ancient Claymore ( +1 command +2 piety )
    Character Traits: Harsh taskmaster 3 points , energetic 2 points, driven by rage 3 points, fine with blood 1 point, Fierce in battle 1 point.

He would have:
    4 command with the item
    5 dread with item
    9 Piety with items if you remember to add the base traits all generals should have giving 4 piety that all generals are supposed to have.

He'd have - 2 hp.

I went with the old system of ten points.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400px-Andrius_Anezin_Vargo_Hoat.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	13100  

Ya, RL is Mudd.,. I have an interesting character idea :o

I'd like to go either Bolton or Gardener if allowed.

Sorry for the recent silence.

Martell and Lannister are open, but otherwise we are full. Make sure you all are thinking about what your characters will be like. I'd like to go ahead and edit the files next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Sorry for the recent silence.

Martell and Lannister are open, but otherwise we are full. Make sure you all are thinking about what your characters will be like. I'd like to go ahead and edit the files next weekend.
    In that case I'd prefer Lannister, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rownage View Post
    In that case I'd prefer Lannister, if possible.
    They're yours

I could do the file editing if you would like

Would like to claim Dorne before somebody swipes it up. And I'd have to throw in for Youngbloods or KORAH as well since they're the only two mods I downloaded before the Cease and Desist. :(

Martell are yours

I will take Bolton :)

We are now full.

If you have your idea ready for your character, go ahead and post him (or her) here.

This looks cool guys, will be keeping track of this just to watch! :D

Faction: Storm King

Biography:
    Steffon Hellem was the only son and heir of his father, King Karl Hellem. His father had conquered the Crownlands from the Darklyns and made peace with his northern and southern neighbors. He was a diplomat and a tactician.

House Hellem is one of the oldest Houses of the Stormlands, having the blood of the First Men in their veins. They worship the Seven and the Seven only.
    House Hellem united all of the Stormlands two thousand years ago, they have stayed strong for so long and will continue to do so. Their words are, As Fierce as The Storm.
    The members of the house mainly have green eyes, black and soft hair.
    600 years ago a member of House Hellem went to Essos, in Essos he found a strange and strong creature. The creature was from the Summer Islands and it was nothing compared to what a Westerosi had seen before. The creature was a "gorilla".
    The member of the family took a dozen gorillas with him home. The rest of the family and the Stormlands was so impressed with the gorillas that they took them as the sigil of their House.

Steffon Hellem is a proven fighter in the great melees of Westeros, he was very popular in the tourneys even when he was as young as 16. 18 years ago Steffon grew more and more curious of Essos and what was happening there.

He went on a long journey through the Free Cities, in this journey he learned a fair amount of knowledge that you wont find in Westeros. He ended fighting with Lys against Tyrosh in one of their meaningless wars. When he got back to Lys he got a alarming message from his home.
    His father was dying, he had grown old and grew weaker for each day that went by.

By the time Steffon arrived back to the Stormlands it was too late, his father was dead. Struck with grief he was. He was now the last living member of House Hellem, thus meaning that he was now the Storm King.

His father had made sure to protect his borders from his neighbors, and the neighbors knew that standing against the Storm King would not be a easy task.

By the time news of King Karl's death reached the Riverlands and Dorne, bought raised their banners and marched towards the Crownlands and the Stormlands.
    Steffon now had to face the might of Dorne and The Riverlands at the same time. He had to make a choice, protect his southern lands or the Crownlands. He knew that he could recapture any lands the Dornish would take, but taking back the Crownlands from the Riverlanders would be diffrent.
    He raised his army and took most of his host North. He was experienced soldier by this time, but he had never commanded a army.

In the Crownlands he managed to lure the Riverlander host near Duskendale, the host was ambushed at night and he encircled a fourth of the enemy host with the help of his cavalry.
    His spearmen held the circle and sent the Riverlanders back each time they attacked. The encircled host had no other choice then to surrender when the rest of their army retreated.
    Steffon took a few thousand men captured that day, a few High Lords and the Uncle of the King of the Rivers and the Hills.
    He parlayed with the Riverlander King and got peace. He left the prisoners of war and the Uncle free for peace.

Steffon then knew that he needed to deal with the Dornish.
    Blackhaven had fallen, but the Lord of Blackhaven had held the Dornish off as long as he could until House Swann sent their men to assist him. He prevented the Dornish men to make a quick conquering of the Stormlands with guerilla tactics and the scorched earth tactic.
    The Dornish forces didn't even reach Stonehelm by the time Steffon and his host arrived. Steffon got the Dornish out by steel and blood. By the time the Dornish was kicked out of the Stormlands, they wanted peace. And peace they got, for now.....

The Storm King is a experienced fighter and commander. He knows how to negotiate and he knows what is best to do for his lands and people. He is now married with Julia Connington, with her he has 2 sons (Devan and Edwyn) and a daughter named Lyanna. He also have bastard son which is a few years older then his true born heirs, his name is Brynden Storm.
    Steffon is a ambitious King, but he treads carefully. Every tool he has, will be used in his quest to make a even greater legacy for his House.

Character Name: Steffon Hellem

Character Age: 35

Character Picture:

Character Ancillaries:

Veteran Commander + 1 command, +10% movement points
    Stromwind (Valyrian Steel sword), +1 Command, +2 hitpoints +1 Authority Picture is the one that Tarly has on his sword

Character Traits:
    Trader 20% Bonus of all trade income
    Faction Leader +1 Command
    Promosing commander +1 Commander
    Smart +1 Command, 2% Bonus on trade income, 2% bonus on tax income
    Pillager +20% bonus on looting
    Social drinker +1 command
    Driven 20% Movement points
    Energitic +15 movement points
    Last edited by Silenced Ape; 06-28-2014 at 23:23.

"You have dragons, lets see them try to stop you" - SoulGamesInc

House Zenith traces its lineage to the nobility of Old Ghis. Roughly 5000 years ago, Adum al Zenith migrated to Westeros roughlyat the outset of war between the Ghiscari Empire and the Dragonlords of the Valyrian Freehold. Fiercely pious and adherent to a little known faith, House Zenith was unique for its relative pacifism and characteristic self-imposed isolation. Warfare was never a talent that flowed through Zenith blood, but the family has always made up for what it lacked in force, with cunning, ingenuity, and erudition. As such, its liege lords, both in Essos, and here in Dorne, have always valued their service. For its service in Sunspear as highly esteemed teachers and public administrators, House Zenith was given the lands immediately north of Sandstone. Their ancestral castle, the Garnet Tower, is unique in that it keeps no garrison, and is rumored to be the home of the largest library on the continent of Westeros, with the exception of the Citadel. The small castle is peopled by the family itself, a relatively small number of castle retainers, and around 8 other families of non-noble birth with whom House Zenith has enjoyed especially close relationships. Having had its lands carved out of what they had considered their territory, bad blood lingers between House Zenith and House Qorgyle of Sandstone.

Shuah al Zenith of Dorne

Over the centuries, Westerosi society has chipped away, however minimally, at the rugged individualism of the Zeniths. While Cleon al Zenith, current lord of the Garnet remains at the Towers, all of his sons, have departed for Sunspear in pursuit of their own endeavors. This includes the heir to the Garnet, Shuah, who, in his role as Sunspear's outspoken administrator, has built a reputation of his own. As the continent appears to be speeding towards a large shift in the balance of power in Westeros, Dorne looks to its leaders to guide them to the right side of history.

Upright (2)
    Level Trustworthy
    Description Trustworthy_desc
    EffectsDescription Trustworthy_effects_desc
    Threshold 2
    Effect Loyalty 2
    Effect BribeResistance 20
    Effect Law 4

Intelligent (2)
    Level Intelligent
    Description Intelligent_desc
    EffectsDescription Intelligent_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect Command 2
    Effect Trading 5
    Effect TaxCollection 5

Religious Activity (1)
    Level Religious
    Description Religious_desc
    EffectsDescription Religious_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect Piety 1

Trait RhetoricSkill (2)
    Level Stylish_Debater
    Description Stylish_Debater_desc
    EffectsDescription Stylish_Debater_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect Law 2

Trait InspiringSpeaker (3)
    Level Inspirational_Speaker
    Description Inspirational_Speaker_desc
    EffectsDescription Inspirational_Speaker_effects_desc
    ;Epithet Inspirational_Speaker_epithet_desc
    Threshold 4

Effect Law 2
    Ancilliaries:
    Ancillary castellan
    Type office
    Transferable 1
    Image marshall.tga
    Description castellan_desc
    EffectsDescription castellan_effects_desc
    Effect TrainingUnits 1
    Effect SiegeDefence 1

Ancillary ambitious_lordling
    Type court
    Transferable 0
    Image ambitiouslordling.tga
    ExcludedAncillaries meek_lordling
    Description ambitious_lordling_desc
    EffectsDescription ambitious_lordling_effects_desc
    Effect TaxCollection 5
    Effect Loyalty -1
    Effect MovementPoints 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arab_philosopher_by_al_brazyly-d36ttdv.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	282.2 KB 
ID:	13347  
    Last edited by friendofthepeople; 06-23-2014 at 06:21.

Member thankful for this post:

If there is another hotseat like this could someone please PM seems like a fantastic hotseat to be apart of.

Thank you for doing this.

The Red Viper will take over as Yronwood.

Also, I will be gone for a week starting tomorrow. I'd like everyone to have their characters done by the time I get back. You will have had around 2 weeks by then, which should be plenty of time.

I wanted to ask how is everyone creating their own sigil? I have found a few websites but they do not have the emblem I need,
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Faction: Yronwood

House Ma'rak traces its descent back to a time before the long night; they descend from a legendary King called Tigris the first Blood of the Tiger.
    Over time the Tigarnian Empire rose controlling all of Essos under the claws of the Tiger. They built a city of wonder in Ashai called Tigaranus, a city unrivalled in majesty and wonder, not even Valariya came close to its magnificence, yet it did not last. Suddenly just before the rise of the Ghiscari Empire, The Tigarian emperor disappeared trying to find the fabled White Tiger. Subsequently the Empire fell into civil war between his three sons, the horror they unleashed on Essos was unspeakable. The war raged for many years devastating the royal family and there fearsome Tiger legions, even the city of Tigaranus with all its splendour and wonder burnt to the ground and most of its citizens with it. In the midst of this chaos Ma’rak grew up. Born on the very day his father left, he saw his brothers rip their empire apart. By the time the war was over most of Ma’rak’s family was dead, the royal army was scarcely even a fraction of its former glory, yet Ma’rak barely 18 years of age chose to do the unthinkable he took his army and a few of his people to Westros and carved a new homeland in the mountains of Dorne. Ma’rak never forgot his past but wanted a new future for his family, thus he took the Orange Tiger as his Sigel and the house words; Blood, Sacrifice and Ferocity.

Biography:
    King Ma’rak VI had a troubled upbringing, his father was assassinated by one of his own generals; forcing Ma’rak to flee to Essos where he mysteriously the fable White Tiger. Returning to Westros he slew his father’s killer and reasserted his control over his father’s kingdom but lost his mother in the process. Yet like his forefather before him Ma’rak VI chose to change the family Sigel from an orange tiger to his famous White Tiger on a black banner. For the Blood of the Tiger run’s through his veins, He has sacrificed for his people; he has the ferocity of the Tiger lords before him.

Character Name: King Ma'rak VI

Character Age: 20

Character Picture: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arvedui_portrait.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	13375

Character Ancillaries:
    Tiger Claw: (Sword) Command 1 HitPoints 2
    White Tiger: Personal Security 2 and 8 to Authority and 1 HP Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiger.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	13376

Character Traits:
    Factionleader: Authority +2,
    Conscientious_Trainer: TroopMorale 1 MovementPoints 2
    Budding_Bureaucrat: Effect Trading 3 Effect Law 1
    Promising_Strategist: Command 1
    Just: Chivalry 3 Law 3
    Smart Command: 1 Trading 2 TaxCollection 2
    Talent_for_Command: Command 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ma'rak.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	13377

Thank you to friendofthepeople for help making the Sigel.

Done my guy above ^^

Furthermore I believe Ape's guy is WAY OP. Needs nerfing.
    Last edited by Dr Mac; 06-30-2014 at 16:35.

I'll do mine this evening
    EDIT: Things didn't go the way I planned them to go, I'll need to finish my character tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rownage; 06-30-2014 at 21:30.

Rowan Brooke

Bio: WIP

Character traits:
    Genius: +3 command, +10% trade income, +10% tax income
    Stylish debater: +2 law
    Master Trader: +30% trade income
    Skilled Bureaucrat: +5% trade income, +2 law
    Ancillaries:
    Exotic Merchant: +10% trade income
    Admiral of Lannisport: +5% trade income, +2 loyalty, -10% recruitment cost(only for ships if possible)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T_Jedruszek_Lannister_ship.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	13480 ancillary icon
    Last edited by Rownage; 07-01-2014 at 22:27.

I'm back now, so I will begin to work on the characters

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    Done my guy above ^^

Furthermore I believe Ape's guy is WAY OP. Needs nerfing.
    We might have to limit the extra movement points. I think we did that with the old ones (35% extra movement points is really OP. I'm not even sure if Beron had that much pre-patch). I'll make the character and see.

New thread over at TWC: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post13939059

If your name on TWC is different than here, make sure to post that somewhere in the thread so I can update the links/player list

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12