Thread: Total V ictory

Default Total V ictory

Has anybody ever achieved victory with every faction, on any level? Beaten is one thing, how about covered the map? I have covered the map as Julii, Brutii, Seleucia, Macedon, and Greece. All on Easy/Easy, so not as much of a challenge as some of you guys out there play on. Shows how productively I spend my time. I have achieved victory with Britannia and I believe Gaul as well.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: Total V ictory

Never bothered to cover the entire map. Once the 30-35 province ownership level is reached, the game just becomes a boring slog-fest....ho-hum...another season, another province. This is particularly true as one of the Roman factions, as once the CW begins, you will see nothing but endless stacks from the other two factions heading for your settlements

These days, I don't even bother to finish the GC. I keep playing as long as I'm having fun. I've played every faction at least once, and some factions many, many times but familiarity breeds predictability, I guess. I have more fun, sometimes, watching what the AI does with all the other factions. Once, I got to see the AI handle the Seleucids the way a player might. They had the Big E on the run and by the time I got to the ME with my Brutii, I was facing Cataphract Ellies, SS Pike, and SS Legionnaires. It was worth the wait to see
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 06-06-2014 at 14:13.
    High Plains Drifter

Agreed, a campaign gets boring after a while. My Britannia campaign got to where I had half the map and the Scipii had the other half. Taking on Rome with British units can get tiring, even if my entire army was gold chevron/sword/shield. The nice thing about coming from the east is that Rome has advanced the barbarian towns. True, they have better units, but I can retrain my units immediately as well. Utilizing strategy, I can handle an army with up to 2-1 odds against me in the field. Just did it last night, twice. Defeated a Lusostannan army with my Polybian army, 2-1 odds, and the game crashed going back to the campaign map. Both times. I think it was you replied to my post about easy/easy, but the fun factor is why I do it. That way, I can finish a campaign faster, before it gets too boring or I go to another one, then go back to the old one and forget what I was getting ready to do with it.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Both times. I think it was you replied to my post about easy/easy, but the fun factor is why I do it.
    I certainly wasn't busting you for playing easy/easy. It's a game. We play to have fun. Having said that, easy/easy will get increasingly boring in the challenge department. When that happens....crank up the difficulty for a whole different gaming experience. If you thought winning a battle at 1:2 odds was fun, when you win one like that at H/H or VH/VH, the satisfaction is that much greater. This I know from personal experience
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 06-07-2014 at 04:42.
    High Plains Drifter