Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 World Cup discussion & Analysis

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Default Re: 2014 World Cup discussion & Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Okay, so I know I deserve mockery for picking Spain to win the tournament, but.

I am the only one who believed in the USA to come out of the Group of Death as per our predictions. America wins again!
    usa defo wasnt in the group of death lol. only 2 groups have right to claim that title, the group with holland spain and chile or the group with england uruguay italy and costa rica.

We do not sow.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    usa defo wasnt in the group of death lol. only 2 groups have right to claim that title, the group with holland spain and chile or the group with england uruguay italy and costa rica.
    Indeed, group of death, big lol to that

So glad I got up at two in the morning to watch that. What a match.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Thoroughly entertaining, Brazil were very lucky to get out of that game. It's a shame the bracket was fallen out like it has, but Brazil v Colombia could be the best match of the tourney.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Hasta la vista baby. Takeway-taco is you Mexicowned

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I'm not 100% sure, but Robben might be a bit of a diver...

Congrats to the Ticos, your reward for taking 10 men, 120 minutes to penalty kicks in brutal heat, is Holland. Great job making the quarterfinals, but thanks for playing.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Nothing is set into stone, but it will probably be a massacre.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Referee should have erred on the side of caution in the one. Robben put in a theater performance, dropping like he was shot.

I'm sad for Mexico, they put in a great fight and it's a shame referee didn't allow extra time to be played. Dutchies would have most likely scored in extra time, but it would have been more sporting.

I'm glad Greece is out, for the most part they're boring as hell.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Not sure if he made a dive, he is small and doesn't weight anything, it looked like it but I'm not sure really. We should have gotten a penalty in the first round so I guess it balances out when it comes to fairness if it was intentional. Robben isn't a very sportive player he will absolutily grab the opertunity if he sees it.

Would like it if you do, I like our southern neighbours but I also like disliking them. This tournament is over there is nothing in the way of total Dutch domination. The awesome keeper of Costa Rica got a yellow one so he in unlikely to play, so there is nothing that gives them a reasonable chance against our offence. Brazil isn't going to be a problem either, we can laugh away the rest. The Netherlands is going to win.

Watching the game (Dutch vs Mexico) it looked like the right call; in the replays from different angles, it was pure Hollywood.
    Robben gambled and it worked; sucks but it's part of the game.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Referee should have erred on the side of caution in the one. Robben put in a theater performance, dropping like he was shot.

I'm sad for Mexico, they put in a great fight and it's a shame referee didn't allow extra time to be played. Dutchies would have most likely scored in extra time, but it would have been more sporting.

I'm glad Greece is out, for the most part they're boring as hell.
    the penalty given was a dive, but the tackle in which moreno broke his leg, was a penalty.

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Would like it if you do, I like our southern neighbours but I also like disliking them. This tournament is over there is nothing in the way of total Dutch domination. The awesome keeper of Costa Rica got a yellow one so he in unlikely to play, so there is nothing that gives them a reasonable chance against our offence. Brazil isn't going to be a problem either, we can laugh away the rest. The Netherlands is going to win.
    thats bs. all yellow cards that havent resulted in a ban yet are cleared. so hell play.

We do not sow.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Huntelaar! Huntelaar! Huntelaar!

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    The US has a 42% chance of beating Belgium, and a 1.4% chance of winning the whole thing. Not super odds, but not bad!

Now go and place 10$ on US winning it and forget about it. If you win, you've just paid for a night-long celebration.

Member thankful for this post:

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

14 chances in 1000.....better than I had feared.

Answer for the USNT is the same as for all the teams....one game at a time.

Belgium has us 4-1 over the last five meetings? How relevant is this given current rosters?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Belgium is rated better than they should be. The reason for that is probably that for the first time in a decade or two they have a team that doesn't suck. They have one really good player, a few more good players and the rest is mediocre to bad.

Americans have a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    thats bs. all yellow cards that havent resulted in a ban yet are cleared. so hell play.
    No they are not, if he gets another one it's red. Costa Rica will probably have to play without without which is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world. We will see no.

Way to go neighbours, that was tense

No they are not, if he gets another one it's red. Costa Rica will probably have to play without without which is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world. We will see no.
    First off, all single yellow cards are cleared after the first knockout round.

Secondly, have you ever seen a side that left it first choice goalkeeper on the bench because he's got one yellow card?

First off, all single yellow cards are cleared after the first knockout round.

Secondly, have you ever seen a side that left it first choice goalkeeper on the bench because he's got one yellow card?
    Didn't know that. Getting through their defence and actually scoring is going to be hard to say the least. I am kinda amazed the Netherlands could outdo Mexico I didn't expect that. Naturally glad they did. I should play more football-manager, I always get it dead-wrong.

Make a snide remark and I am going to look you up and prank you.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-01-2014 at 06:47.

Sorry mate, but you left yourself totally open

Only somewhat related but interesting nonetheless - club from Kosovo offered Suarez to play for them during the his ban. Kosovo is not a member of FIFA and UEFA so their bans don't apply to them. They offered Liverpool 30 000 for the loan, and 1500 euros to Suarez per month . Great.

Sorry mate, but you left yourself totally open.
    From here on wearing your underwear or smoking a sigarette will never be safe again. If I can get you I will and I am good at it, I still have to tell my mates that the candles weren't actually bleeding when we were in a ghost-session but that we replaced the white stuff for red candles in the inside They are still traumatised by bleeding candles, we never told them the truth. Owned.

I also can't stress enough that the next time you have sex you will be thinking of me, just because I just said so. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-01-2014 at 07:53.

Didn't know that. Getting through their defence and actually scoring is going to be hard to say the least. I am kinda amazed the Netherlands could outdo Mexico I didn't expect that. Naturally glad they did. I should play more football-manager, I always get it dead-wrong.

thats exactly the same thing i said...

We do not sow.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

well, Germany beat Algeria 2-1, which is oddly both good and bad news for me. either way, they're off to the quarter-finals, and IIRC a game against France. One thing that I found lulzworthy though was how long it too for the first goal to come in, and that before that the Algerians had a guy commit a foul early on.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

I also can't stress enough that the next time you have sex you will be thinking of me, just because I just said so. Enjoy.
    That's not a problem. I'm gay and you're cute

Damnit, blowback effect

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Damnit, blowback effect
    Pun intended?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Pun intended?
    I would never

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howard deserved better.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast