Thread: Sacred band infantry reskinned: NEW VERSION

Default Sacred band infantry reskinned: NEW VERSION

This is a new version of my old reskin of the sacred band infantry. The earlier upload disappeared and I didn't have the files anymore. Fortunately jirisys had a copy of the file (thank you!), but with the original shield. So I made a new shield design, once again inspired by the EB2 Carthage preview. Here's what they look like now:

The textures are really low-res so I'm not entirely happy with how the shield turned out, but I still think they look pretty nice.

Here's the original Sacred Band, for comparison:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've added the file as an attachment to download.

HOW TO USE:

1. Find the folder .......\Rome Total War\EB\Data\models_unit\TEXTURES\carthage.

2. Rename the file ebcarthage_infantry_sacredband_phalanx_prom_egypt.tga.dds to something else, or make a backup copy of it and save elsewhere. (IMPORTANT!)

3. Unzip the downloaded file to that same folder (using 7zip, Winrar or some other program), click yes to overwrite.

4. Play!

Oh, EB team: I used the Carthage faction symbol for the shield. I suppose that's okay, since I'm using it for an EB submod; but please let me or a moderator know if it's not.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Paltmull; 05-02-2017 at 10:24.

Default Re: Sacred band infantry reskinned: NEW VERSION

They look wonderful Paltmull. Thanks for the effort.

Member thankful for this post: