Thread: Dead Generals Staistics-Are they retrievable?

Default Dead Generals Staistics-Are they retrievable?

So I'm thinking of writing an AAR from the perspective of one of my generals looking back over his career. He was a great general (at least by EB standards anyway). The trouble is that he is now dead, having died of old age on my save game. It appears that in the family tree, dead generals have no traits and ancillaries (or even basic stats) and I kind of want to take a look at them.

Plus I can't remember his name, which makes it a little difficult to start an AAR.

So what I'm looking for is a way to retrieve his traits and which general it was. So to get to the point (finally), Where are the traits of dead generals stored in the game files, if at all?

By the way, using Europa Barbarorum if you didn't guess.

I'm going to do a little bit of shameless self promotion here: check out my Sweboz AAR for EB2 (alas discontinued)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...irst-among-Men

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Dead Generals Staistics-Are they retrievable?

You could try checking out your save file with a save-game editor, like RomeSage. I have never used it, though, so I have no idea if it can retrieve this kind of information.

ETA: just for the record, I have heard that RomeSage occasionally corrupts savegames, particularly of large mods like EB. Use it at your own risk.
    Last edited by Ludens; 06-12-2014 at 15:08.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Dead Generals Staistics-Are they retrievable?

It seems RomeSage cannot edit the save game file in the way I want. It seems to be able to change the campaign and battle difficulty, unit size ect. Oh well, its not a big deal.

I'm going to do a little bit of shameless self promotion here: check out my Sweboz AAR for EB2 (alas discontinued)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...irst-among-Men