Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New SS 6.4 HS: preparations thread (2 turns per week)

Default Re: New SS 6.4 HS: preparations thread (2 turns per week)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonno View Post
    This is pretty solid (yea well, Turks), only thing is that Jiub would be forced to pick Aragon. And I am a bit concerned for England.
    I got the same issue with the turks.
    I managed to not make them get too much powerful (without making too powerful Byzantines or KoJ) by making surrounding rebel cities
    much better garrisoned.
    This somehow turn Kwarezm against Turks ,and as strange as it seems, Kwarezm seems to have the upperhand against them.

I'll soon upload the definitive files, which will be the same used my Myth to create the save. As there's a random factor though, and even with my best efforts such random factors still might have big impact on the outcome, I'll ask Myth to bring some corrections (if needed) around turn 50 (until then all factions seems to survive). 4 blocks might have problems (Cast-Port, HRE-Pol, TO-Lit, and Ven-Genoa) and I'll ask Myth to give them some units at around turn 50 if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiub View Post
    Not really, Aragon is still weaker than France, even now. France, as beaten up as it is, is stronger then Aragon.
    You think?
    If my memory is good, and by this map, France has only 2 big castles. And they need a lot of heavy units to pack a punch vs Aragons special, both alhmugavares (or how they are called) and the Knights Order thingy... :D

Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    I got the same issue with the turks.
    I managed to not make them get too much powerful (without making too powerful Byzantines or KoJ) by making surrounding rebel cities
    much better garrisoned.
    This somehow turn Kwarezm against Turks ,and as strange as it seems, Kwarezm seems to have the upperhand against them.
    Is it ok to give units on turn 50 if we are going to play from turn 60?
    They might stay in the game and they could be used for our gains later.

This should be definitive, in case something goes wrong Myth will correct:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?yl3afkpy3tokvfz

Like I said, Myth will correct issues around turn 50 helping (if needed): spanish factions, hre and Poland Lithuania and Venice Genoa,
    making sure that possibly all the factions have at least 4 (if not 5 regions) and possibly no one has more than 20 (ideally less than 15).

Des anyone remember the settings to be put in the settings? I mean validating data..

Is it ok to give units on turn 50 if we are going to play from turn 60?
    They might stay in the game and they could be used for our gains later.
    You're right, but give that they'll be given only to factions with less than 4 regions, it shouldn't be a big deal since:
    -being in difficulty those faction will probably use those units in 10 turns (as they're being overwhelmed)
    -even if they keep those units, still they have been among the weakest factions. I personally don't mind because this we give a fairer chance to everyone.

With the latest setup (but the faction order was not changed yet, like it is in the file I posted) I got this:

Here's the save at turn 59
    https://www.mediafire.com/?pzblp7q6zlffov7
    Last edited by sonnet; 06-20-2014 at 15:45.

O yea... let's rock with this one!!!

So we will have the entire map now right?

No.

Guys I just sent this message to Myth. He'll make the save for us:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hi, thanks for your help. We're ready to start the HS.
    I assume you have already started HS in the past , so I'll go directly to the specific settings of this HS.

Instructions to create the save
    0-Run the setup.exe file of SS, and select Late Era and then following :
    -savage AI
    -disable real recruitment
    Only the above settings should be checked.
    Then launch the game and close it right after.

1-Modify your .cfg file
    Pls open your default.cfg file in "C:/Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods/SS6.3"
    and add those 2 lines under the section [hotseat] (if you don't have it just create it it)
    allow_validation_failures = 0
    validate_data = 1
    turns= 1
    autoresolve_battles = 1
    disable_console = 1
    passwords = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    admin_password = ***** (choose your own pswd here)

Also you should setup your admin password.
    After you do that, you can save the changes and close the text editor.

2-Replace the descr.strat and campaign.script file with those I modified (the factions order has been changed accordingly to our schedule, and I tweaked it a bit to balance the campaign better)
    Pls download the files from here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?yl3afkpy3tokvfz
    You should extract those 2 files and overwrite them in the folder:
    C/Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

3-Launch the game and get to the Multiplayer->hotseat section: when it gets to that make every factions human. Difficulty vh/vh/ Console disabled. Auto-resolve only. Then when you get to the first faction screen with blank password (it should be Teutonic order since I modified the descr.strat), you should turn every faction to AI (command is control faction_name ). A little tip is to turn every faction except TO, and then make a save.
    This way you have a save ready to be re-run if needed. After you turn Teutonic order too to ai, press start button (also press tab button once to accelerate movements, or else every turn will be too slow).

4-You should check the situation after 45-50 turns and see that no faction gained too much power and that no faction is gonna be destroyed. In particular Genoa/Venice/Aragon/Castille/Portugal/TO/Lithuania/HRE/Poland might need your help. We need that at least one faction in each block (see the blocks here :https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053598483) is in good condition. So if factions are in need of help pls give them like 10-15 units (don't give them exp/arm bonus though).
    Ideally it would be best if at the turn 60 no faction owns more than 15 settlements in order to get a balanced HS. But I'll leave it to your judgement.

After you make the save for turn 60 (even if it's turn 61 or 63 doesn't matter), try to keep going up to turn 80 and if the map is still balanced we might choose to start with that.

5-When the save is ready, pls turn every faction (with exception of Cumans,Mongols and Kwarezm) to human and post this save with no passwords, so that everyone can download it and make its own choices about which faction of its block to play.

As admin:
    Most important thing is expected from you is that you're a harsh admin.
    It's important that when you rule on matters your first priority is that the player who broke the rule doesn't profit from doing it, and that the one who is victim of it get adequate compensation. While everyone would agree with that in principle, in prctice almost no admin gives serious punishments to players who break rules. I'll make an example to make clear what I'm talking about:
    -we have a rule in the HS that prohibit players to acquire other players merchant if chances are lower than 60%.
    It may happen that someone breaks the rule genuinely.
    In that case for instance, a standard fine of 2k and a compensation of 2k might not be enough.
    The admin should calculate:
    1-money earned by the player (as when you acquire another merchant you get money from it,the more experienced is the merchant acquired, more money the player makes. In SS I think you might get up to 2k-3k by acquiring another merchant) who broke the rule. As also the money its own merchant made by exploiting the resource being exploited by the other merchant for one turn (on some resources you might get up to 2k or even more). Plus a fine.
    So a player might be
    2-The victim should get : refund for the cost of recruiting a merchant. Money lost by loss of revenues from that merchant (if the resource was far, the player will need many turn to get its merchant to the same or similar resource) and compensantion for the loss of experience (normally a newly recruited merchant has less experience and thus will need some year to generate the same income as the one who was unjustly lost).

This is just an example to show that we expect the admin to take all things into account in order to give proper punishment/compensations. Most admins in the past limited themselves to give just something like 2k punishment/compensation without really taking everything into account.

I made one little last minute change to the settings and removed some reinforcements for the turks (they were default in the campaign script,on turn 0 and 10). This should help to make turks weaker at least a bit.
    I'm gonna open soon a new thread with the rules .players list and everything else.
    We'll use this thread in the future to discuss the rules, issues about breaking the rules admin decisions etc etc.

If anyone has a title in mind for the HS, pls you're very welcome to make your suggestion
    Last edited by sonnet; 06-20-2014 at 17:02.

Butcher of Blaviken Member Jiub's Avatar

"Of Heroes and Kings"
    "Dogs of War"
    "Restless Crowns"
    "Brave New World"
    "Men of Iron"
    "Rise of Gods"
    "Forging Empires"
    Bla bla bla :P

"Of Heroes and Kings"
    "Dogs of War"
    "Restless Crowns"
    "Brave New World"
    "Men of Iron"
    "Rise of Gods"
    "Forging Empires"
    Bla bla bla :P
    I think I'll choose brave new world unless anyone wants something different

No.
    Why not?We have all the blocks taken.

I like the Forging Empires :P.The brave new world doesn't sound quite right to me since the HS will be in the "old world".But it's not my choice in the end.
    Last edited by Lord Luka; 06-20-2014 at 19:13.

I won't complicate it so you can chose that.
    But I got to say I like the Restless Crowns! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Luka View Post
    Why not?We have all the blocks taken.

I like the Forging Empires :P.The brave new world doesn't sound quite right to me since the HS will be in the "old world".But it's not my choice in the end.
    It's our choice (about the title).
    I'll make a drawing between forging empires and restless crowns.
    Edit: Anyone pls give me a number 1 or 2

About Mongols-Kwarezm-Cumans block:that block was optional (only if we had enough players). If you can find a reliable player quickly, then we can add it.
    DrMac is not a reliable player at all: he left in Battle for Europe-as the other HS he was in at the time- (playing as Turks) after like 10 turns, as he was losing against Egypt.
    Worst part is that he left without any warning, not even 1 minute to say "hey ,I won't play the faction any more, find a substitute".
    And he left already in the past while losing.

Due to the scarcity of players nowadays and the nature of the HS (if he joins and then abandon the HS, it won't be easy to find a substitute sing the substitute we'll have to play in DrMac time slot), I can't take the chances with him.
    Last edited by sonnet; 06-20-2014 at 19:36.

We better make a "SS players list" (any new player to this SS mod is a noob from the start , that s for sure). for example:

sonnet(invicta)
    level: poor/good/veteran
    cheated in the past: yes/no
    availability: low/good/full

i don t know this is just an idea , maybe is going to help .

i n this way we going to know exactly what are we dealing with .

It's our choice (about the title).
    I'll make a drawing between forging empires and restless crowns.
    Edit: Anyone pls give me a number 1 or 2

About Mongols-Kwarezm-Cumans block:that block was optional (only if we had enough players). If you can find a reliable player quickly, then we can add it.
    DrMac is not a reliable player at all: he left in Battle for Europe-as the other HS he was in at the time- (playing as Turks) after like 10 turns, as he was losing against Egypt.
    Worst part is that he left without any warning, not even 1 minute to say "hey ,I won't play the faction any more, find a substitute".
    And he left already in the past while losing.

Due to the scarcity of players nowadays and the nature of the HS (if he joins and then abandon the HS, it won't be easy to find a substitute sing the substitute we'll have to play in DrMac time slot), I can't take the chances with him.
    Nr 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Octavius Caesar View Post
    Nr 2.
    Thanks. I'll start opening the official thread

Guys an important matter:
    as I mentioned in the opening post I won't hold the admin password. But I also mentioned that I would assign players in the HS as co-admin
    to help the external admin (Myth) with most common stuff (resetting password,skipping turns, posting map updates).
    The players I chose are Jiub and Tavix who kindly gave me their availability if needed.
    I chose them since they're the oldest players here (they were active already when I joined it), and never found cheating or making anything that would make you doubt about their honesty, which in more than 4 years should say something about them. I trust them 100%.
    I hope everyone is fine with that.

They won't check anyone's save or take any part in any decision concerning deciding the punishment or compensation for players (so there's no risk of biased decisions)
    That would still be exclusively done by Myth or an external admin.
    I'm doing it, because even with an external admin, you can't expect the external admin to do everything. We should try to automanage
    ourselves as much as we can to avoid to overload the admin with lots of task. Always remember that the admin is doing a favor to us, and we should not exaggerate with our request or take advantage of such courtesy. Moreover if we want to ensure this HS keeps on track,
    we need always someone with admin password present. And surely we get more chances with 3 people rather than 1.

So basically the people knowing the admin password would be:
    Myth (external admin)
    Jiub (who is playing)
    Tavix (who is playing)

If you have something against, please say it now.
    Last edited by sonnet; 06-20-2014 at 22:38.

So you don t have the password because you are playing, and Jiub and tavix can , but they are playing also? ! this logic is wired.
    Last time when someone had the password i was put in very bad position (SIAB) also there is other HS around here where players have the Password and they winning decisively .

Actually was better to have an extra admin. i know that they are suppose to reset passwords etc but a simple toggle_fow it is enough to avoid defeat in some cases. not to mention that they can watch other players turn or... they can do everything actually.

Again this is what i think . lets see if other people have to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by yuonyuon View Post
    So you don t have the password because you are playing, and Jiub and tavix can , but they are playing also? ! this logic is wired.
    Last time when someone had the password i was put in very bad position (SIAB) also there is other HS around here where players have the Password and they winning decisively .

Actually was better to have an extra admin. i know that they are suppose to reset passwords etc but a simple toggle_fow it is enough to avoid defeat in some cases. not to mention that they can watch other players turn or... they can do everything actually.

Again this is what i think . lets see if other people have to say about this.
    The fact is that I prefer to act as guaranteeing (if you saw the thread,in extreme cases I might even remove the admin if I see him totally unfit for the task). If you find them we could have the save even earlier today.
    Moreover keeping the first 3 posts of the thread will be already a lot of work.

If you want all external admins, then pls help me find one (maybe TheKinghtoftheRiver might be available to help us, ask Totalwarlegend or whoever you can find fit for the task).
    But realistically we need admins to be present, and external admins are never as present and active as the players (due to the fact that players have more interest, which is obvious why).

There's no problem is sharing concerns, and we should all work together to overcome those and find a solution to it.
    Last edited by sonnet; 06-21-2014 at 07:42.

there is no other way . i barely find a player online . and a player to check this fast hs, there is no hope ,

these two that you mentioned they will not have the time for this and others i know they are not capable,

Those Romanians and Bulgarians... they are everywhere

I don't really remember how tavix did in the HS before, I know he's a good player, the other things I don't know. But I have trust in Jiub, he will take his cup of coffee and sit down on his turn for hours, there won't be time to cheat. :P

All jokes a said, I trust they'll do what is reasonable and fair.

Butcher of Blaviken Member Jiub's Avatar

Those Romanians and Bulgarians... they are everywhere

I don't really remember how tavix did in the HS before, I know he's a good player, the other things I don't know. But I have trust in Jiub, he will take his cup of coffee and sit down on his turn for hours, there won't be time to cheat. :P
    It's funny because I just finished a cup a coffee over an hour of play and two turns in CCM2 "Age of Heroes" :))
    ...Ok, maybe it was a bit over an hour :P

It's funny because I just finished a cup a coffee over an hour of play and two turns in CCM2 "Age of Heroes" :))
    ...Ok, maybe it was a bit over an hour :P
    He might have remembered the few times you mentioned enjoying spending time playing your turns with a cup of coffe

Guys I think I'll put "longer assimilation" among the options checked as suggested by Tonno.
    Seems to me a good idea.
    Last edited by sonnet; 06-21-2014 at 10:57.

Jiub is very reliable player. So don't worry. ;)

Jiub and Tavix are good and reliable players, and i think they are the players with the longest running time in online HS, maybe except Core i7-inside and me. (but they have admined more)

Guys I think I'll put "longer assimilation" among the options checked
    Did you note to Myth (if he is the one that will make the save file) ?

Yes I notified him

Where's DA SAVE ppl... I got test to fail!!!

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Hold your horses younglings, i'm getting there. We're at around turn 20 or so. Soon I'll pop in to check how things have developed.

Can anyone provide me with a comprehensive list of console commands? Like for creating armies and such? Can't seem to find one atm.

What was that about Romanians and Bulgarians?
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Hold your horses younglings, i'm getting there. We're at around turn 20 or so. Soon I'll pop in to check how things have developed.

Can anyone provide me with a comprehensive list of console commands? Like for creating armies and such? Can't seem to find one atm.

What was that about Romanians and Bulgarians?
    Thanks mate.
    Commands:
    create_unit name_of_the_settlement "name_of_the_unit" 5 0 0 0 [the numbers represent in order, number of units (max 5), experience of the units (keep it 0 as likely they might survive) armour and weapon upgrade ]
    i.e: create_unit Jerusalem "Templar Guard" 5 0 0 0

For the name of the unit you should look at the export.descr.unit file in the data folder.
    The name to be used in the console is the one included in the first line of the description of each unit (in the second line the name is repeated twice, but it might differ form the one in the first line)

show_cursorstat if for some reason you need to know the exact location corrdinates of some place.
    Last edited by sonnet; 06-22-2014 at 16:48.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast