Thread: Total limit on turns

Default Total limit on turns

Hi, i'm new to the forum and had a few questions. Bought another copy(downloaded off Amazon, rather) of the original RTW a few months back, added the EB expansion and didn't touch the game for a bit. Started up a campaign as Baktria and have loved it, become enveloped in all the traits and the roleplaying aspect that the mod brings, as well as having a fascination with Indo-Greek history. My questions are..is there a limit or cap on the total turns in the Campaign, if so what is said limit? If there is a limit on the total number of turns and seasons, is there a way to turn that off, does the game go on indefinitely, or do all the factions turn to rebel faction after a set date?

I really don't want to my campaign as Baktria to end, it's been great fun and I love building up economically, applying different aspects in roleplaying my FM's, implementing Buddhism, trying to control India and ward off the Saka. I'm one of those players that likes to turtle and maintain my empire as well I suppose.

Either way, if there is a turn limit, is there a way to lift it?
    Last edited by Phishphan77; 06-17-2014 at 21:08.

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Total limit on turns

In what year are you? I don't think I've ever reached the limit in EB (don't even remember when it is exactly, somewhere in the early ADs, I think), so you're probably safe for a while.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I think it runs to 14AD, but as Lysimachos said, I think there are few people who've ever got that far. Not least because a game becomes more unstable as time goes on, so they tend to be ended by irresolvable crashes.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

I'm currently playing my Baktria campaign at 211 bce. I did learn(with some pretty easy research) that the game runs originally from 272 bce to 14. I also learned how to change these dates in the game files(but, not in the current saved game file). Thank you Lysimachos and QuintusSertorius for the replies, I was hoping their would be a way to intermix Hellenic/Indo culture after the year 14 but, even if the game doesn't become unstable, I still have over four hundred seasons left to play.

400? You do run the background script don't you?

If you are in 211 BCE, that is about 900 turns to 14 AD.

I was referring to the individual seasons as turns, a brain fart on my part but yes I always run the background script.