Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Restless crowns: forging empires [Late era -Skip a few]

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Restless crowns: forging empires [Late era -Skip a few]

I've asked @dur3x to quantify the losses he suffered by comparing his current army with that from turn 0 when I posted the initial save. If he has lost more than 50 men I will pause the game until I can fix his issue, which will be later on today.

I beleive no punishment is required at the moment, but please pay attention to the rules and especially when/what you can attack. Fortunately this was caught early, but if we are forced to reload repeatedly for similar reasons then I will have to punish the offending faction.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

No need to even pause for this kind of mistake, just composate with gold or units.

I've sent pm to the admin and now we will see which is his decision. Now I have to go and I will play later, hopefully in time...

I will compensate with units. However he may wish to move them now, so we have to pause as it is his turn up now. I will be able to do this in a few hours.

Fixed save here. @dur3x
    Last edited by Myth; 07-08-2014 at 19:46.

Castile up !

PS:Thanks to sonnet because he pushed me on quickly....hurry up !

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6p...Castile_2_.rar
    Last edited by dur3x; 07-08-2014 at 21:59.

Quote Originally Posted by dur3x View Post
    Castile up !

PS:Thanks to sonnet because he pushed me on quickly....hurry up !

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6p...Castile_2_.rar
    Just saying this now and I won't repeat it, as we're not in a creche but we're all adults.
    If you like slow HS, it's fine: it think there's a plenty of choices out there, you can leave this one and I'll find a replacement.

If you want to play a fast HS, then pls collaborate like everyone else and do your best to post your save in time (like giving precedence to this HS that is on schedule compared to the others, or play very fast since even if you were waiting your 'fixed' save, still you knew what to do as you had the non-fixed save since this morning). As said, if you do not want to collaborate in this, you can look for other HS and leave this one to the ones who want a fast and reliable one.

And fyi, I had not problems to kick out in the previous HS players who were evidently not putting any effort in keeping the HS on track but rather wasting time.
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-08-2014 at 23:29.

You forgot to close your bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonno View Post
    You forgot to close your bracket.

The admin had mercy. Thanks for not pushing me.
    I promise you guys I'll read the rules every time before doing my turn.(I did read the rules this time but I thought Fatimid was an AI faction. )

we are going to keep the schedule or beat it?

Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    Just saying this now and I won't repeat it, as we're not in a creche but we're all adults.
    If you like slow HS, it's fine: it think there's a plenty of choices out there, you can leave this one and I'll find a replacement.

If you want to play a fast HS, then pls collaborate like everyone else and do your best to post your save in time (like giving precedence to this HS that is on schedule compared to the others, or play very fast since even if you were waiting your 'fixed' save, still you knew what to do as you had the non-fixed save since this morning). As said, if you do not want to collaborate in this, you can look for other HS and leave this one to the ones who want a fast and reliable one.

And fyi, I had not problems to kick out in the previous HS players who were evidently not putting any effort in keeping the HS on track but rather wasting time.
    you forget that adults are far more busy than 17 years old kids around this forum .:)))))

Quote Originally Posted by yuonyuon View Post
    we are going to keep the schedule or beat it?
    Just put your truly best effort in playing asap.
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-09-2014 at 08:17.

@Emproment up

ENGLAND
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't blame you sonnet, but I can't spend all the time in the front of computer. It was a mistake here and not mine, if the save was good from the beggining this conversation does not exist, especially your useless comment. Also I start playing after 5-0 for Germany.
    Last edited by dur3x; 07-09-2014 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by dur3x View Post
    I don't blame you sonnet, but I can't spend all the time in the front of computer. It was a mistake here and not mine, if the save was good from the beggining this conversation does not exist, especially your useless comment. Also I start playing after 5-0 for Germany.
    No one asked you to stay in front of the pc all time. If you couldn't simply play there wouldn't have been any issues as long as you play on the scheduled time or warn your subber when you need to be subbed.
    But for (everybody's ) future reference (and there no need for you to reply to this message):

1- You lost a negligible amount of non-elite units. Replacing the the losses would have costed to you 1-1,5k (as the units you showed in your ss were all low -recruitment-cost units). Your 'enemy' got more losses than you (as he got defeated, and since he got defeated it was obviously a honest mistake), so his mistake was at your advantage and if I were in your place I wouldn't have asked any compensation to begin with. Trying to get advantage of this situation (because like I explained Core-i7 mistake already gave you an advantage) is not a good attitude.
    Obviously if you push for it (your choice) the admin has to give you compensation.

2-Even if those losses were extremely important, you could have played your save and Myth could have added the units later on someone's else save in the settlements you indicated to him (and you wouldn't have got any disadvantage from it). This way we wouldn't have lost time. It's not admin's job to make your life easier, while rather your duty to make admin's life easier and show as much flexibility as you can in keeping the game going on

3-After Myth posted the 'fixed' save, you still played some other HS saves. Even if you were late in that HS, since 1 hours wouldn't have changed anything in that HS, you could (as you didn't show any flexibility in point 1 or 2) have played this one (since it's on schedule ) first.

4-Worst part is the remark you made in your post with the save: by playing fast, you're not making a favor to me. You should play in this HS if you want a fast HS. If you do, then by playing and keeping the HS fast, you're making a favor to yourself in the first place. If you do not, then this is not the HS for you, as we share different goals.

Like Yuonyuon said: adults have not much free time to waste. And I have not much time to waste, I'll play this HS with people who are not time wasters like myself (and I'm not saying you're). Players with bad attitudes or who do not share the same goals will be kicked out.
    Rules are there to be respected, but players shouldn't push on them just to get as much advantage they can, or pushing those as an excuse to gain time. Even if you were formally right in your doing, substantially you acted wrongly (or at least you could have acted in a better way).
    This is not about who play faster or slower. Or breaking more or less rules. It's about fair play and being nice to everybody.

To make an example (not related to you or what you did): if a player tells me that he post his turns right at the end of his time schedule to not give an advantage to his competitor, I would kick him straight away. Because while he's formally right (he plays his turn within the time schedule ) the motives behind his actions are wrong. So rules are there, but there's not rule I can put to define "fair play" and "being nice and correct towards others". But I expect everybody to act that way.

Like I said there's no need to answer to this, and I'd suggest you to not do it (and in any case I won't post any further on this because I wrote all I needed to write). What I need is that you need this carefully and try to understand as best as you can what I mean (I tried to be as clear as i could). There's no better man here, and I do mistakes as much (if not more ) as you do. All I ask is to make up your mind on whether you want to play a fast HS or not. And if you do, from next time lets think first on how to facilitate the HS and other players rather than by how to get advantage from contingent situation. That's should be the right spirit.
    As said, this is not just to you, but a reference to everybody in the HS (including myself).
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-09-2014 at 11:41.

Guys, keep the tone civil please. - categorizing posts as "useless" is borderline flaming and we don't talk like that in the TR.

While Invicta is right about the attitude, the fix here really did require a delay, because that stack could be moved off the island by boat. If I add the units post-factum I can't disband the old half-damaged ones. So I had to be logged in as Egypt to compensate properly but not overly much.

Carry on and save it for the battlefield!
    Last edited by Myth; 07-09-2014 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    because that stack could be moved off the island by boat.!
    Out of curiosity: if the Fatimid's army wasn't defeated, shouldn't have kept the mov.points (and thus being moved)?
    Or maybe I got it wrong.

It could be moved but with the damaged units inside it. I can nonly add full units via console right? So he'd end up with both the fresh ones and the damaged ones, and if I'm not the Fatamids I can't disband units.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    It could be moved but with the damaged units inside it. I can nonly add full units via console right? So he'd end up with both the fresh ones and the damaged ones, and if I'm not the Fatamids I can't disband units.
    Yes you can only add whole units (at least afaik).
    One solution (in case you didn't use it already) when several units of the same kind gets damaged is to merge the damaged units and add approximately as many units as the soldiers lost. Obviously it would never be precise, but at least it should be a very good approximation (I think).

Lucky i could skip the work today morning , but next time i still rather play on my schedule .

No sign of Legourou @Emproment? i PM to @LooseCannon1

Loose subed last turn, so PM both :D

I am here, I will play the turn now.

Great!

A NAP has been declared between England and Norway for 10 turns.

A NAP has been declared between England and France for an undetermined amount of turns. (Maybe 20)

HRE is up, good luck allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Emproment View Post
    A NAP has been declared between England and Norway for 10 turns.

A NAP has been declared between England and France for an undetermined amount of turns. (Maybe 20)

HRE is up, good luck allies.
    what a friendly kingdom you have right there , you have NAP with everybody. good !

i think you learn your lesson from FOW. lol.

France next.

what a friendly kingdom you have right there , you have NAP with everybody. good !

Yes!

And next turn I will NAP all of Iberia and then the next turn I will NAP all of Asia and the Middle-east and Europe and North Africa.

Then I will play a nice game of Medieval II: TotalPeace.

Maybe you didn't notice, but many kingdoms have NAP with everybody.
    Me too. And I don't see how that can be a bad decision: there's still ai regions to conquer, and we got our factions managed by the AI for many turns. Some turns of peace
    are necessary to reorganize and regroup.

How long this peace total war situation will last I don't know, but England is one of the last who got to this table. Turks and HRE (probably because being at the center we need to be more careful) are the ones who started this series of peace-agreement, and others followed it soon after.

It's likely though that due to the intricacy of NAP &alliances, once a war starts, all the other factions might be brought in one way or the other.
    Last edited by sonnet; 07-10-2014 at 00:26.

Maybe you didn't notice, but many kingdoms have NAP with everybody.
    Me too. And I don't see how that can be a bad decision: there's still ai regions to conquer, and we got our factions managed by the AI for many turns. Some turns of peace
    are necessary to reorganize and regroup.

How long this peace total war situation will last I don't know, but England is one of the last who got to this table. Turks and HRE (probably because being at the center we need to be more careful) are the ones who started this series of peace-agreement, and others followed it soon after.

It's likely though that due to the intricacy of NAP &alliances, once a war starts, all the other factions might be brought in one way or the other.
    I think he is referring to another HS in which I am at war with everyone and I have no friends lol.

From what i see making NAP is not always i good thing especially if you are determined to respect that. so i thought that NAP is above alliance in some ways.
    i put more trust in NAPS than in an alliance because NAP are short period of trust even they are enemies so i can see who is greedy and who is smart

the point is i dont make NAP with everyone knowing later i will feel sorry about that , other players just didn t admit they made NAP or get an excuse for that

EDIT i have no NAPS but i m opened to negotiations.
    Last edited by yuonyuon; 07-10-2014 at 07:22.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast