Thread: Ever wonder what the darthmod guy was up to

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Members thankful for this post (3):

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Default Re: Ever wonder what the darthmod guy was up to

ye i bought this today... its super buggy. cant even use my mouse to give basic commands :(

its pre-alpha though, or something, so i was already doubting if i should buy it. ill see how good the bug report service response is.

We do not sow.

I'm not a fan of these early releases - especially all the pre-alpha stuff. That is pretty crude code. I'm watching this game though and I hope it will be as good the promise it shows.
    This space intentionally left blank

ye, didnt really realise it would be like this, because it said the release date was a few days ago, so i figured maybe it was a mistake. but meh... ive wanted civil war and ww1 games for so long and it seems theyre finally coming on the market. theyre not as good as i want them to be yet, usually simple games or sadly fps. but im waiting still for that perfect game!

We do not sow.

k i finally figured out how to properly control my units, but the controls are kinda counter intuitive (need to press ctrl to make a box or to move commands with right mouse, while attack commands can be given with just left mouse) and there is no option yet to really change hotkeys to the way u want them.

i hope the game will improve alot, because right now its not really user friendly.

We do not sow.

I wasn't suggesting buy it yet, I was pointing out that unlike most critics who only complain about stuff and do nothing, this guy actually had the balls to create something. Queue Peter O'Toole speech from Ratatouille.

But I never buy anything in pre-release, so can't speak to the state this game is in, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't hiding the fact this is like pre-alpha. Which means what you see on display are really the ideas of a game hashed together but far from complete, and so far I like some of what he's working to change and implement. We shall see.

ye i didnt buy it because your thread, i just bought it, kinda on a whim. i had seen a preview before (without knowing it was from Darth) and then i saw it on steam. i didnt want to buy it at first because of the prerelease tag, but the release tag was a few days back, so i was kinda confused. i figured it was almost beta. but its pretty much early alpha stage it seems to me.

wasnt too expensive so i guess its ok but i cant really play the game yet at this stage so its shelved for now.

We do not sow.

Ok good! I just posted it because I thought it was cool he put his money where his mouth was. haha

Hey, by the time it gets to completed it may well turn out to be pretty good, there are certainly some interesting elements at work already.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Ever wonder what the darthmod guy was up to

I picked up this game during the steam sale for super cheap. Anyone played it recently? Looks decent I think, have yet to actually play it as I won't be home for another week.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I picked it up during the last Steam sale, but haven't tried it yet because of the usual culprit: too many games, not enough time.
    This space intentionally left blank

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I bought some time ago. I think it's a fun game. It's very replayable due to a system that chooses a new situation based on what you did on the previous map.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

So apparently there was a whole thing where the apple App Store took down this game due to the use of the confederate flag, even though it was used in a historical sense. Then Darth refused to edit the game to remove the flag and after a few days of arguing or something with Apple, the game was put back unchanged.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I have been following it since it started, and I called Apple about it and had all my family and friends do the same.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.