Thread: Looking for specific map

Default Looking for specific map

Hello everyone!
    It's been a while since I've visited the forum. I had the following Idea: We all know that the software always takes the same battlemap when the mongols appear (in 1232?). It should be possible to choose another battleground by renaming the new favorite battlemap and giving it the name of the old one. Does anyone know the name of the 'old' stand standard battlefield?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for specific map

Welcome back, Dirk!

The maps are located in Medieval:Total War\Battle\Maps, the map chosen comes from the terrain type described in the startpos file province descriptions. I can't remember which province the game says the Horde comes from when attacking Khazar/Georgia/VB, if the Horde appearance is treated as an internal attack, then you should see a plainsinsland style map for Khazar, hillyinland for Georgia, or flatinland for Volga-Bulgaria.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur