Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Israel...

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Speaking of Israel...

The remains of the three missing teenagers who were kidnapped 3 weeks ago have been found.

Praying for the souls of the departed, and comfort for their family. Also praying for cool heads and restraint. Barring that, also praying for the soon-to-be victims of what is likely to follow... a heavy-handed retribution designed to punish, not resolve.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Members thankful for this post (3):

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Speaking of Israel...

Cooler heads will not prevail, more blood will be spilled, peace will never come.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Prayers well placed, and I will echo them.

Hooahguy:

"Never" is a long time, and I pray not lifetimes away in this instance, but this 50-year-old, despite hoping to double that total, does not expect to see it in his lifetime.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

I have lost any hope in a peaceful settlement of this conflict. Just look at the comments people are saying, on both sides. The Israelis are demanding Palestinian blood (preferably of children it seems) and Palestinians are celebrating the murders. Disgusting.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (2):

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Hit back and hit hard, how obvious do you want things to be. Palestinians cheer for the death of these poor sods, they cheer for 9/11, they cheer for the death of an abducted Israeli soldier and rub up their face with his organs, crazy frenzy. It is what it is so treat it as what it is. Why care if it only makes them angrier, the hate is already well established.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-01-2014 at 05:47.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Hit back and hit hard, how obvious do you want things to be. Palestinians cheer for the death of these poor sods, they cheer for 9/11, they cheer for the death of an abducted Israeli soldier and rub up their face with his organs, crazy frenzy. It is what it is so treat it as what it is. Why care if it only makes them angrier, the hate is already well established.
    Probably not a good idea to be advocating that a Jewish state, currently accused of recreating the early days of the holocaust against the Palastinians, hit back hard.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I have lost any hope in a peaceful settlement of this conflict. Just look at the comments people are saying, on both sides. The Israelis are demanding Palestinian blood (preferably of children it seems) and Palestinians are celebrating the murders. Disgusting.
    I don't know - eventually both sides will get worn out, or more likely the US will lose it's grip and another country will impose peace. In another generation the Holocaust will be merely history, with no living witnesses, and at that point Israel's special standing will drain away and they will be forced to behave like adults.

Then the Palestinians will be forced to behave like adults in turn.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Probably not a good idea to be advocating that a Jewish state, currently accused of recreating the early days of the holocaust against the Palastinians, hit back hard.
    Laughable, in the Hamas own writings it is 100% obvious what they are after for. They don't even pretend they don't want to kill all jews. Kill the vermin whenever you can, whenever you got a reason given it's a gift.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    I don't know - eventually both sides will get worn out, or more likely the US will lose it's grip and another country will impose peace. In another generation the Holocaust will be merely history, with no living witnesses, and at that point Israel's special standing will drain away and they will be forced to behave like adults.

Then the Palestinians will be forced to behave like adults in turn.
    The sense of guilt will last longer than the deaths of those remaining Holocaust survivors. How much longer I am unsure.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Laughable, in the Hamas own writings it is 100% obvious what they are after for. They don't even pretend they don't want to kill all jews. Kill the vermin whenever you can, whenever you got a reason given it's a gift.
    You realise you are talking about Humans yes? I would think about rephrasing your tirade a little - you sound much like the preachers you claim to hate...

On the matter at hand - sadly I don't think it will ever end until one side is gone - Israel insists on slowly strangling the Palestinian people by striping their land away settlement by settlement and in turn the Palestine people refuse to cast out the Terrorist organisations and instead continue to support them with fervour - it would take both sides to step back and so far neither is overly interested...

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Moody View Post
    You realise you are talking about Humans yes? I would think about rephrasing your tirade a little - you sound much like the preachers you claim to hate...

On the matter at hand - sadly I don't think it will ever end until one side is gone - Israel insists on slowly strangling the Palestinian people by striping their land away settlement by settlement and in turn the Palestine people refuse to cast out the Terrorist organisations and instead continue to support them with fervour - it would take both sides to step back and so far neither is overly interested...
    Sure I am talking about humans, but their wellbeing doesn't interest me all that much, live with hate untill you die because of hate. The palestinians are in a pinball-machine because of powers that are bigger than them, sucks. But I don't feel sorry for them, they made their choice, no going back. They cheered when people were jumping out of the WTC because that was a better option than burning alive, they cheer because of these 3 youths were murdered, they cheer for the most horrible things. Not just in Palestina, also in Europe where nobody is taking anyone's land. It's the islam and the islam is nothing more than it is, a sick ideoligy.

While a disturbingly large number of Palestinians have expressed sympathy for the terror attacks, the images from their cheering on 9/11 are pretty ambiguous. they're actually not ambiguous at all, sadly. Additionally, the PNA also condemned the attacks.

I don't know what your point is, Fragony, but I think that your ideas on how to solve the conflict are insane.

I think Israel should initiate some kind of program to fully integrate Palestine into Israel and fully integrate Palestinian Arabs into Israel as equal members of society. I'm still a bit lost on the specifics though.
    Last edited by Hax; 07-01-2014 at 22:56.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    I think Israel should initiate some kind of program to fully integrate Palestine into Israel and fully integrate Palestinian Arabs into Israel as equal members of society. I'm still a bit lost on the specifics though.
    Palestine and the Diaspora outnumber the 'Jews' in Israel, so they do not want to integrate option due to becoming a minority within the state. If the numbers were the other way around, it would have worked better.

Alternative solution would be the integration of the diaspora within Jordan properly opposed to refugee status, considering Jordan is pretty much ethnic palestinian in makeup then work with some solution as to the lands within the bloc as you are suggesting.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    The sense of guilt will last longer than the deaths of those remaining Holocaust survivors. How much longer I am unsure.
    A Jewish friend of mine talked about visiting the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin, and for Germans under thirty the guilt is already mostly gone. Increasingly, the camp guards etc. who committed the Holocaust are also fading from memory, and in another 25 years they will be the great-grandfathers of the ruling class rather than the grandfathers.

The US tends towards memorialism more than Europe, so perhaps it's more of a thing over there but here's we're returning to "business as usual" to the extent that during the financial crash the term "Anglo-Saxon banker" was declared with a nod and a wink, and a candidate for London Mayor can be openly anti-Semitic without being pilloried.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Palestine and the Diaspora outnumber the 'Jews' in Israel, so they do not want to integrate option due to becoming a minority within the state. If the numbers were the other way around, it would have worked better.

Alternative solution would be the integration of the diaspora within Jordan properly opposed to refugee status, considering Jordan is pretty much ethnic palestinian in makeup then work with some solution as to the lands within the bloc as you are suggesting.
    Maybe it's time for the Israelis to lump it? The commitment to a "Jewish Homeland" was never intended to produce a soverign state, and that state has frankly become an embarrassment to the West.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

War is war. Both sides attack civilians and should expect nothing less in return.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

A Jewish friend of mine talked about visiting the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin, and for Germans under thirty the guilt is already mostly gone. Increasingly, the camp guards etc. who committed the Holocaust are also fading from memory, and in another 25 years they will be the great-grandfathers of the ruling class rather than the grandfathers.

The US tends towards memorialism more than Europe, so perhaps it's more of a thing over there but here's we're returning to "business as usual" to the extent that during the financial crash the term "Anglo-Saxon banker" was declared with a nod and a wink, and a candidate for London Mayor can be openly anti-Semitic without being pilloried.

Maybe it's time for the Israelis to lump it? The commitment to a "Jewish Homeland" was never intended to produce a soverign state, and that state has frankly become an embarrassment to the West.
    I wish we'd just keep the whole region as isolated from us as possible, instead of keeping "key interests" there and supporting this state or that state. Other than the oil in the oil states, there is nothing of interest there that we don't already have within the EU. If they want to kill each other, rather than wring our hands over how it never ends, we should just leave them to it. If there is any legal way possible, I'd strip anyone who enters that region of UK citizenship. That guy whose son appeared in Syria got it right. His son was a traitor to his country. Similarly with that British-Jewish guy a few years back who harped endlessly on about doing aaliyah and joining the Israeli army. If they identify with an identity other than British, wash our hands of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Similarly with that British-Jewish guy a few years back who harped endlessly on about doing aaliyah and joining the Israeli army. If they identify with an identity other than British, wash our hands of them.
    Now you know how I feel about all those twats who serve in the IDF then come back to the US and live the rest of their lives. I dont mind if you want to move to Israel and serve, just dont bother coming back and living here if you feel so strongly about defending your "home."
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

'I don't know what your point is, Fragony, but I think that your ideas on how to solve the conflict are insane.'

I didn't mention any ideas on how to solve the conflict Haxie, I just said that I don't feel sorry for the Palestinians. They are already treated better than they deserve. They get more aid than any people in the world. If it's about their homeland it's already there, it's called Libanon. The Palestinians are invented they don't exist, it's a refugee camp. Got any landmarks of a civilisation to show me or is it just one big township. Hamas is very clear about what they want. PLO is less loud bu they can't be trusted either.

To be fair, they aren't sure if it was a revenge killing. Either way, pretty despicable.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

To be fair, they aren't sure if it was a revenge killing. Either way, pretty despicable.
    To be fair, they aren't sure those three boys were killed by Hamas.

Wasn't there a case a couple of years ago there Hamas got blamed for a dead boy and it turned out to be just a regular domestic murder?

Fair enough.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

To be fair, they aren't sure those three boys were killed by Hamas.

Wasn't there a case a couple of years ago there Hamas got blamed for a dead boy and it turned out to be just a regular domestic murder?
    Well some Hamas leaders did praise the episode, albeit without claiming specific "credit" such as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    And I think everyone should get a unicorn for free...

I respect your solution, but the odds of it happening in this century is extremely bad, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    And I think everyone should get a unicorn for free...
    Lol you forgot the rainbow, shame on you

Fair enough.
    Which is not to say that it wasn't an ethnically or politically motivated killing - but I don't see any suspects as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Well some Hamas leaders did praise the episode, albeit without claiming specific "credit" such as it is.
    I'm sure they did - but Israel has no proof and has already begun blowing up houses just for kicks.

It's not hard to see why these guys think the only good Jew is a dead Jew, given that the vast majority of Jews they meet want to kill them and actively try to do so.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Blog Entries

Now you know how I feel about all those twats who serve in the IDF then come back to the US and live the rest of their lives. I dont mind if you want to move to Israel and serve, just dont bother coming back and living here if you feel so strongly about defending your "home."
    Sounds familiar, same sort of thing that happened with american irish and the IRA.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Sad, really sad.

Yeah, it's terrible.

Racism is pretty common, though, and as ugly as Israel can be we need to keep it in context.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast