Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Israel...

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Speaking of Israel...

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    Yeas I said all that and it's exactly how I feel about it. I will going to be hypocrite about something else, this one is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Yeas I said all that and it's exactly how I feel about it. I will going to be hypocrite about something else, this one is taken.
    North Korea is worse than ISIS.

Following your logic, you should shut up about ISIS and make a thread on Dearest Leader.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    North Korea is worse than ISIS.

Following your logic, you should shut up about ISIS and make a thread on Dearest Leader.
    The misery that North-Korea is is well known. Less known is how big the support for IS is within our borders. You are absolutily correct that these 74% don't mean anything. But the support or at least sympathising seems high, rather dubious facebook and twitter accounts get a lot of love.

But the support or at least sympathising seems high, rather dubious facebook and twitter accounts get a lot of love.
    I have noted a high rate of outrageous facebook statements from muslim youth. Generalizing this and thinking it represents anything but an insignificant minority is quite dangerous, however.

If we generalized the abundance of insane statements on facebook and twitter from the native populations, you'd think we were all living in a weird libertarian version of the third reich where women are confined to the kitchen. Take the Neo-nazis. They're extremely few, but you can find plenty of them in any comments section.

The crazies are loud and active. They dominate the intertubes, but they do not dominate real life. Fortunately.

I have noted a high rate of outrageous facebook statements from muslim youth. Generalizing this and thinking it represents anything but an insignificant minority is quite dangerous, however.

If we generalized the abundance of insane statements on facebook and twitter from the native populations, you'd think we were all living in a weird libertarian version of the third reich where women are confined to the kitchen. Take the Neo-nazis. They're extremely few, but you can find plenty of them in any comments section.

The crazies are loud and active. They dominate the intertubes, but they do not dominate real life. Fortunately.
    I am not dumb, I fully understand these 74% don't mean all that much. Cautious though.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

I didn't know that, but it's hard to consider something a first strike when war has been declared.
    How about before Israel was even declared a state?

The King David Hotel bombing?
    The ethnic cleansing of a village?
    Fighting the British whilst the British fought the Nazis?

There are things even now with deadlier technology and higher population densities that the ultra nationalists did that make what is happening now look like a sideshow. Not orders of magnitude worse but two or three times more deadly.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Member thankful for this post:

Sorry to say Frags, but your arguments come off as rather thin...

You know I am no big fan of Arabic culture, but they most def are not the sole evil working in the region. Both the Jewish and the Arabic cultures are problematic towards each other, on a very much mutual scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Sorry to say Frags, but your arguments come off as rather thin...

You know I am no big fan of Arabic culture, but they most def are not the sole evil working in the region. Both the Jewish and the Arabic cultures are problematic towards each other, on a very much mutual scale.
    No agreement required. Israel gave back enough land imho. It isn't a war they started themselve. Borders change in wars. It would be nice if the settling stopped but I don't see it as the great unjustice some see it, gambled and lost.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

No agreement required. Israel gave back enough land imho. It isn't a war they started themselve. Borders change in wars. It would be nice if the settling stopped but I don't see it as the great unjustice some see it, gambled and lost.
    And now there is supposedly peace between Israel and the West Bank authorities, yet Israel continues to take land from the West Bank, which is an act of war. If you want to complain about the Gazans unilaterally making war on Israel, you can also complain about the Israelis unilaterally making war on the West Bank. At least I recognise all sides as being as bad as each other and none of them wanting peace, while you try to paint the Israelis white and peace-loving.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    And now there is supposedly peace between Israel and the West Bank authorities, yet Israel continues to take land from the West Bank, which is an act of war. If you want to complain about the Gazans unilaterally making war on Israel, you can also complain about the Israelis unilaterally making war on the West Bank. At least I recognise all sides as being as bad as each other and none of them wanting peace, while you try to paint the Israelis white and peace-loving.
    I don't see Israel as peace loving, that would be kinda silly. But judging them for doing what they do is a stretch too far for me. They can't give back the west-bank, that is just as rolling on your back to expose your belly, artillary can hit anything from there. Why give a crap about UN resolutions, they are worth as much as the Nobel peace price. Without excusing Israel I am not going to judge them for being the way they are. I would be much more forgiving I think, but I can't know that really.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The two stretches of land were part of Egypt and Jordan, as things currently stand they are not viable entities for bieng states - hell, even Wales doesn't want to go it alone as they prefer to be a remora fish.

Having enclaves that have no hope whatsoever of being self sufficient - even if the blockades were not in place - is not sustainable. Add that to the power plant and water treatment facilities being clear military targets to Israel means things aren't going to improve.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Israel has announced plans to expropriate 4 sq km of Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29008045

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Taking more land? How out of character! I hope this doesn't upset the peace process...

I love how all BBC websites end with this annexation is illegal under international law - although Israel disputes this.

Are we to see prisoners locked up in jail for breaking the law - although the criminals dispute the law in question.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

It seems even Israeli's are getting fed up with killing innocent civilians.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...625499623.html
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    It seems even Israeli's are getting fed up with killing innocent civilians.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...625499623.html
    That's absolutily something, but where did you read the 'killing innocent civilians' part. Article doesn't say that.

That's absolutily something, but where did you read the 'killing innocent civilians' part. Article doesn't say that.
    Here:

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    "There's no distinction between Palestinians who are, and are not, involved in violence, we cannot continue to serve this system in good conscience, denying the rights of millions of people" they wrote.

Here:
    I don't read it like that but suit yourself, nothing there about killing, just injustice. Definatily a slap in the face for Israel officials who might want to reconsider some things.

I don't read it like that but suit yourself, nothing there about killing, just injustice. Definatily a slap in the face for Israel officials who might want to reconsider some things.
    Also read the bit about operations having nothing to do with security, but are about increasing control of the West Bank. Which claim is backed up by Israel announcing that they'll be building homes in the areas they're annexing. Israel isn't putting a buffer between Israeli citizens and Palestinians, they're taking land from the Palestinians and turning it into Israeli land, which then becomes further justification for more land grabs.

Also read the bit about operations having nothing to do with security, but are about increasing control of the West Bank. Which claim is backed up by Israel announcing that they'll be building homes in the areas they're annexing. Israel isn't putting a buffer between Israeli citizens and Palestinians, they're taking land from the Palestinians and turning it into Israeli land, which then becomes further justification for more land grabs.
    Yes and my best guess would be that it's about that, but not about killing innocent civilians. Doing injustice to millions, debatable, probably true.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

We should be thankful that those Israeli settlers in the unauthorized communities don't speak Russian....who knows who would annex whom under such conditions.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    We should be thankful that those Israeli settlers in the unauthorized communities don't speak Russian....who knows who would annex whom under such conditions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian...iv,_Israel.jpg

Though I hear tell that there's some tension between Ukrainian Jews and Russian Jews in Israel currently.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I absolve myself of any responsibility to care about Israel since it was all the European's fault (in particular the Brits):

And yes, I am posting this video simply because I think it will rustle the jimmies of many people here.

Looks pretty good to me.

Why would anyone disagree with this being yet another zone of endless conflict that's caused by the British?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Looks pretty good to me.

Why would anyone disagree with this being yet another zone of endless conflict that's caused by the British?
    We threw our crap over a wider area than anyone else in history, so someone somewhere is bound to be spattered by it. Our excuse is that our crap didn't smell quite as bad as that of some others, and in throwing our crap around, we managed to fertilise some roses in the process.

Looks pretty good to me.

Most complaints I have seen about the video are focused more on the later half of the video. You know, people give a "my side is clearly more of a victim than the other so this video is making a false equivalence" kind of argument.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

We threw our crap over a wider area than anyone else in history, so someone somewhere is bound to be spattered by it. Our excuse is that our crap didn't smell quite as bad as that of some others, and in throwing our crap around, we managed to fertilise some roses in the process.
    Actually, that's not too far off as analogies go.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I absolve myself of any responsibility to care about Israel since it was all the European's fault (in particular the Brits):
    I'm still trying to get my head around why, after so much grief during our tenure as an empire, any briton thought getting involved in the middle east was a good idea now we no longer were allowed to tax the locals.

Looks pretty good to me.

Wasnt it your nation who dragged the Ottomans into a war against the world's largest empire who was looking for an excuse rob the old man of europe's carcass?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 02-09-2015 at 05:35.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Wasnt it your nation who dragged the Ottomans into a war against the world's largest empire who was looking for an excuse rob the old man of europe's carcass?
    Maybe, but it was not our fault that the war went the way it did, with Britain on our side, there'd be less unexploded ordinance all over France and Belgium now. Hitler wouldn't have happened either. But Britain always wanted to keep the tension in Europe because it wanted a divided Europe that it could control while it murdered and pillaged in the rest of the world.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Maybe, but it was not our fault that the war went the way it did, with Britain on our side, there'd be less unexploded ordinance all over France and Belgium now. Hitler wouldn't have happened either. But Britain always wanted to keep the tension in Europe because it wanted a divided Europe that it could control while it murdered and pillaged in the rest of the world.
    And a sound strategy it was too. It was the whole point of the Seven Years War, which allowed us to deprive France of her empire (and make it ours instead). If it weren't for that traitorous turncoat British officer...

Blog Entries

Bah, if we hadn't kept you fighting eachother you would have ruled the world in our stead, and we all know how badly that went under the spanish let alone the slices of africa we let you have.

We screwed you guys over to protect the world from mainland tyranny.

Except france. They weren't worse than us, it's just funny watching them throw a fit, man did that backfire.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 02-09-2015 at 13:46.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast