Thread: Save before take action

Default Save before take action

I always save before a 1:1 battle. This is kinda wrong in your point of view? Countless times I lost and when I loaded the first time (most often only works at the first load) I win. This is a bug or what?

Second situation: before a agent like spy or assassin take some action. Some cases I witnessed that was 90% of chance to suceed and they fail. Gets me pissed off!

Last situation: Whem i'm very fucked in relations with pope, I save before the pope election, because sometimes just because I voted wrong I gave me very very bad.

What you guys think? That is cheating?

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: Save before take action

That's the beauty of playing a game, it's yours to do with as you see fit. And if a part of the way you like to play the game is to hedge your bets by saving just in case the outcome doesn't suit you, so be it.

At the other end of the spectrum we've got the ironman approach where you basically never get a chance to replay anything and are stuck with the consequences of all your decisions and their outcomes.

I think they both have their place and I've played both ways and liked them both because each has benefits and downsides.

Member thankful for this post:

The second way is much more challenging

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Yes indeed it is, probably the hardest thing I did in gaming last year was win a campaign of Xcom: Enemy Unknown on Classic/Ironman. Every ranked up soldiers death made me seriously consider stopping.