Thread: Rebellions to faction reemergance

Default Rebellions to faction reemergance

Hello, I know this may have been covered before but I wanted others insight on a situation that had just transpired in my current GA campaign in MTW XL 2.0.

I am playing Aragon(ians,ese:) and I took out Spanish after they tried to conquer mine own kingdom. Without all the hub-bub I took over their territories and left Leon province low tech and in rebellious state so that I could give some experience to my greenish generals. I squelched about three small, 1-3 unit uprising before the god awful, and totally Total War like Spanish faction reemergence came to pass...with 6 full armies of high tech unites, all elite!!! I was unprepared for this as I had built a nice economy and infrastructure while letting the Almohad's and Portuguese wear themselves out, hence, no defensive armies quite up to task to defend this horde. I had a saved game of course not too far in reverse of this reemergence but still was not fun at all.

My question is, even though it's a bit vague is, at what point in training through rebellions must one generally worry about this kind of retribution through returning blood lines? I have experienced this behavior with the pope and his re emergent Papal armies in past but it was easier for me to understand where the monies and materials would come from in order for him to storm back with a vengeance but less inclined to except Spanish line reemerging from a war stripped and poor Leon with an army that far surpasses my own.

Its a game engine quirk I understand, it's merely a game but in as much as I want it to be realistic as is possible to whatever extent, how should one address this type situation. Should I try to do the rebellion training only in provinces that were never held by a faction, ie, a faction homeland or would the Spanish bastard child would-be monarchs have reemerged from anywhere in the peninsula?

Any advice etc. would be gladly appreciated. I wouldn't mind reading of others experiences of similar circumstance.

Regards, Muvs.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Rebellions to faction reemergance

After defeating a faction, you need around 60 years to be sure that any potential heirs have lived out their days in pathetic exile. If any province owned by the faction drops below 100% happiness, a reemergence can happen. If this happens, any province nearby under 120% can be sucked in, but you need the under 100% rebellion to start it all off.

Welcome to the Org, muvs32!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

you made a big mistake with using Leon an ex-spanish province. When u erase a faction they could have some heirs which not come to age, so it like Drone' said. you take care ex-provinces' loyalty (at least %120) . about the technology and the size of reappeared army;
    it is usually be best troops with 6-7 full stacks army.. The provinces's technoly make no sense about reappeared army. they used to be best of that era( if best royal knigt they have royal, or harberder they have harberder)
    so make exercise to your commanders in rebel provinces which never held by any faction. but this could make trouble sometimes usullay with Golden Horde.

Thanks for the timely responses Drone, Ferdi, is appreciated.

Of course I am making some mistakes out of ignorance/inexperience opnce again as I am a binge player of MTW and other games. I am rehabbing a foot injury so I get to play 4-5 hour chunks of total war again

So then, waiting at least 60 years is some sound advice and not letting rebellions take place in former faction provinces a must. I was competent enough to not have a province loyalty level dip below 150% that bordered my rebel training province...this has been a slap my forehead kind of moment!

At any rate,I wish I had taken this action beforehand but I am thinking now of taking sacking actions against the Almohad's that are left and keeping them at an easily conquerable state so I can gain valor and stars and smash them in the end when it is time for my aim to broaden.

Happy gaming, Muvs!

Member thankful for this post:

ferdi 

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muvs32 View Post
    I am rehabbing a foot injury so I get to play 4-5 hour chunks of total war again
    Sorry about the foot, but I'm jealous.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Bit confused here - I believe he said it was left as a rebel province so doesn't that mean that happiness is always high and cannot be controlled by the player? I usually just take them over and heavily garrison them so the heirs don't return and forget about training up my generals.