Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Malmo will be the great northern capital of the new caliphate

Default Re: Malmo will be the great northern capital of the new caliphate

This is a very interesting and also hard topic. It can also be emotional one, which only makes it harder.

The fact seems to be in long perspective that emigration tends to be a a good thing economically. What seems to be the problematic issue is integration of emigrants to a society and with this we seem to run into the whole ordeal of "political correctness" and "multiculturality".

These new emigrants are not the first ones in Sweden, which Kad and our other Swedish members know im sure of it. The largest group of emigrants in Sweden are Finns there are more then 400k Sweden Finns at Sweden today. After WW2 and particularly 50´s and 60´s large numbers of Finns emigrated to Sweden in hopes of better income and while it had positive effects, it also created problems.

Finnish emigrants in Sweden got nicknames like Finnjävel = Finnish devil, because among the immigrants there were social problems, higher crime rate and problems of integration as some Finnish emigrants for example had zero understanding of Swedish language. This all sounds very familiar with the current issues, but now after 50-60 years. You dont hear lot of issues concerning Sweden Finns. I would of course be interested to know what our Swedish members have to say about it.

I am myself undecided in the issue concerning emigration novadays. I have the expression and if im wrong feel free to correct me, but how i see the difference between emigration earlier and these days, is that earlier it was priority for any country to integrate the emigrants to their countries as best as they could, like for example with US and Australia, but these days we talk about multiculturalism and how emigrants should identify with the culture of their origin rather then being integrated to the culture they have emigrated. Of course the integration has never been without problems anywhere, but is the real problem these days the lack of trying with the idea of multiculturalism?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Default Re: Malmo will be the great northern capital of the new caliphate

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Finnish emigrants in Sweden got nicknames like Finnjävel = Finnish devil, because among the immigrants there were social problems, higher crime rate and problems of integration as some Finnish emigrants for example had zero understanding of Swedish language. This all sounds very familiar with the current issues, but now after 50-60 years. You dont hear lot of issues concerning Sweden Finns. I would of course be interested to know what our Swedish members have to say about it.
    Swedish and Finnish cultures aren't that terribly different, are they? The language is of course a big issue, since Swedish and Finnish belong to different language families. But the Finns do not have their own clearly distinct religion, they do not build their own places of whorship etc. There is less of a reason for cultural differences to remain over time.

The more different the cultures are, the more difficulty there will be with integration, and certain differences are probably more important than others.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Cool Re: Malmo will be the great northern capital of the new caliphate

Women are a different culture with their places of worship such as shopping centres, their language - lots, and their propensity to impose their views on others.

But like most guys I see a silver lining in the differences.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123