Thread: 20 games that will make or break 2014

Default 20 games that will make or break 2014

Is there anything better than cranking up the settings and sitting down to play an amazing PC game? 2013 was a great year for PC gamers, but 2014 looks to be even better. Games like Watch Dogs, The Division, and The Witcher 3 are looking amazing so far. Which are the 20 games you should get excited about. What games are you looking forward to in 2014?

Default Re: 20 games that will make or break 2014

Pacers vs. Thunder, which should be a great game, but the rematches they have in next summer will be the best!
    "The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better."
    John Dewey

Member thankful for this post:

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dragon Age: Inquisition
    Witcher 3

Are the only 2 I'm really looking forward to. Will wait with watchdogs until it's down to 15$
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Alien: Isolation, by far. Sounds absolutily horrifying.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

No Man's Sky (assuming these clowns release it on the PC, damn well better)
    Old School RPGs: The new Torment (may not be this year), Divinity: Original Sin (enjoying that a lot right now), Pillars of Eternity
    Star Citizen
    Elite: Dangerous
    Xenonauts (1.0 is out now)
    Evolve (by the guys who made the original L4D)

As a Sacred series fan, I'm looking forward to play Sacred 3.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Cospetia has 3 posts. His first post was a request to get a list of every bullet caliber you love most, no follow-up comment. His second post was an oddly written puff piece for Watch Dogs and the Division, no follow-up comment. Third was another puff piece for the same games, no follow-up comment - What is the deal?

If I didn't know any better I'd say he was sewing seeds for some AstroTurf marketing campaign. Rack up the posts to gain credibility, then strike by delivering an "obviously third-party review of something that you absolutely need in your life"..
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 07-19-2014 at 03:58.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Members thankful for this post (2):

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICantSpellDawg View Post
    Cospetia has 3 posts. His first post was a request to get a list of every bullet caliber you love most, no follow-up comment. His second post was an oddly written puff piece for Watch Dogs and the Division, no follow-up comment. Third was another puff piece for the same games, no follow-up comment - What is the deal?

If I didn't know any better I'd say he was sewing seeds for some AstroTurf marketing campaign. Rack up the posts to gain credibility, then strike by delivering an "obviously third-party review of something that you absolutely need in your life"..
    If you use Google to search the net, you will find that the OP has been trying to advertise 'War Cabinet' on other forums. I commend him for not using spambots though.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Member thankful for this post:

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maharbal The Lion View Post
    As a Sacred series fan, I'm looking forward to play Sacred 3.
    Then I'd recommend buying it before reading the forums and reviews of it.

Or alternatively if you want to know just how far from being a continuation of Sacred this is, stop by the steam forum for it and witness the sound and fury that has descended on it.

And if you want to see what a site I rather like has to say about it (and it ain't pretty), check out this at RPS: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...cred-3-review/