Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3/6.4

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Stainless Steel 6.3/6.4

The update hosed my install of SS, need to track down reliable link to grab it again, all the ones at TWC time out or flat out don't work.

Anyone here hook me up?

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3/6.4

NM, I just went the route of multiple file torrent from TWC, couldn't find another option that didn't involve 8 malware/adware fandagos, we'll see how this turns out. ;)

Might as well complete this convo w/ myself. The download went as planned, installed 6.3, then the upgrade to 6.4. Everything appears to work like a charm.

One note for anyone else following in my footsteps on this, instead of renaming one of the Kingdoms directories when you want to play this, instead just change the launch name to this whenever you want to switch from vanilla to SS: --features.mod=mods/SS6.3 (assuming you left the directory name the way it installed even after you upgraded to 6.4 the directory name stays 6.3, just pointing that out so no one reading this is confused by that).

Glad you sorted it out. I got SS from the TWC links so couldn't recommend an alternative.

BTW, I never did catch exactly what the problem was. Was SS crashing (and when/where?)? I gather from re-downloading that SS was corrupted in some way?
    This space intentionally left blank

Initially SS just crashed, suspect it was looking for Kingdoms. Got that sorted. Then CA pushed a 2nd patch which overwrote my SS install, honestly I'm not sure how, could be I had the directory names changed at the time to make SS work, I had not expected them to push a 10GB patch and then a 1.5GB patch at me on a decade old game.

No matter, I just started over from scratch with a clean install, while I've only gone a couple turns just to confirm it works, everything appears to be on the up and up.

I'm debating whether to start as England again (did not finish the last one and all my saves are gone) or fire up Scotland (which I plan to do regardless at some point, just a matter of whether this is the one).