Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And the world record for "most botched execution" goes to...

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: And the world record for "most botched execution" goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Could one not rig up a machine gun aimed at the chest? And the trigger to a servo that requires two buttons to be pressed? Removes the requirement for men to shoot at a man.

I would not WANT that requirement removed. If the polity believes it fitting to mete our death as punishment, then members of that polity must be expected to discharge that duty when called to do so. It should be analogous to jury duty.

If members of that polity are not willing to discharge such a duty, then they should not mete out such a punishment.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fair enough.

I'd rather they were killed by dismemberment with organs released to the donation register / medical education. If they've hurt society, at least they can give something back.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Thank you for the exact Churchill quote, Rory.
    I'd rather they were killed by dismemberment with organs released to the donation register / medical education. If they've hurt society, at least they can give something back.
    That's not a bad idea, at least the donation part, provided their organs are usable. I think we all know what an alcoholic's liver looks like.
    If members of that polity are not willing to discharge such a duty, then they should not mete out such a punishment.
    Agreed. I understand how it can be psychologically traumatic, knowing you just killed another person, the same for people who have killed in self-defense. It all depends on your viewpoint on those things, I think, how you take it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123