Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: System install for EB Day

Default Re: System install for EB Day

Hi

Do I need to register my copy and where to obviate the securom issue??

Also noticed that version 1.3 being shown when I start M2TW....though have confirmed it is patched to 1.5

No need to register anywhere.

Just how have you confirmed that it's patched to 1.5? That version number being shown when you start the game is usually the way to confirm a successful patching - and in your case it is denying it.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

When in game, selecting a menu option shows 1.3 top right corner....but trying to re apply the patch states already at version 1.5

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HFox View Post
    When in game, selecting a menu option shows 1.3 top right corner....but trying to re apply the patch states already at version 1.5
    1.3 is the final patch for the base M2:TW game; 1.5 only applies to the Kingdoms' campaigns. Try opening the Britannia campaign, and check the version number.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

You may be on to something.....can't open any of the kingdoms modules.....

Hi

Is this related to the demise of Gamespy and the fact I did not register the installation CD......was waiting for EB2 to appear :(

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    I am told that running as administrator can help with the securom crap. If that doesn't work, I don't think there are legal ways to avoid it.
    Did you try this?

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Unfortunately yes

With a quick google, I think I may have found a solution. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ong-disc-error

Basically, you may have installed the wrong version of the 1.5 patch. Figure out which region your M2TW belongs to (find your kingdoms.exe file, right-click and choose properties, then go to Details and you will find it), uninstall the game, reinstall and then patch with the correct patch.

================
    ================

Hi

Thanks for the continued look out, both .exe files are English(UK)....I think the issue is the kingdoms disk is a white label.....and relied on gamespy for registering and this is no longer available. Hence the securom message

Securom has nothing to do with Gamespy. Securom compares your disc with what it expects it to look like. What it expects is stored in the exe. The 1.5 patch changes the exe, and if your patch region doesn't match your CD region, it will deny you to start the game.

================
    ================

kerplong......

when I downloaded from here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Download-Links

I used the 1.5 UK (GOLD) parch......think I may now be chief duffuss of the clan duffuss.....will try patching with the EU patch and report back

regards

Look forwards to being crowned chief duffuss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123