Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's discuss India?l

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: Let's discuss India?l

Also I'm not saying the father did do it. I'm laying down the potential doubt that mob justice was justice. I'm saying that in a lot of countries we expect the law courts to determine who is guilty and to minimize innocents being punished.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    There's a difference between a husband and the girl's father.
    Sure, but what makes that the difference on how women are looked upon in general. Women aren't property, how would you explain that to those that aren't over there? I would love to see an explanation before I see something sensible to prevent my mother or sister to never ever ever go to India without someone to protect them against rapists. India has a problem when it comes to this, it's also problem for the tourist industry India heavily relied on so indirectly your problem as well. Nobody wants to visit anymore.
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-03-2014 at 10:41.

Member thankful for this post:

It's a patriarchal society and while the general attitude towards women still has a lot of scope for improvement, that does not mean things aren't improving. IMO education is the key.
    As far as the tourist industry and cases of rapes are concerned, like I mentioned before I don't think that has anything to do with families considering the women their own property. That probably has more to do with the general insensitivity and lack of respect for women, coupled with a lot of hypocritical suppressed desires and crassness. Again education is the answer with strict and certain punishment for the perpetrators. No mollycoddling, be they juveniles or otherwise.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12