Thread: Unpacker leaving no files added

Default Unpacker leaving no files added

I have the files in place for the unpacker, the two .dll files. I have the game patched to 1.2. I ran the unpacker answering yes to all questions. It ran and when it had finished, the screen disappeared. I checked the data file and there were no additional files to be seen from the standard ones already in place before running the unpacker according to several sources. I even changed the file from read only to read and write for the sega folder. how do I correct this? does this normally happen? what am I missing? is there a way to just create a folder text and create a text file of names? I really just want to be able to add names to the game.

regards

Default Re: Unpacker leaving no files added

I have been having the same problem. Oddly enough, the unpacker seems to work for the Americas and the Crusades but it will error out early on for the Teutonic and Britannia campaigns. I am running Win7 64 version. This sucks as the British Isles and Teutonic campaigns are the ones I want to change and they are the only ones not unpacking.

I am using windows 7 32 bit. all the updates and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by directorador View Post
    I am using windows 7 32 bit. all the updates and etc.
    I don't have Windows 7 but I have read that you must be the administrator, you may find that files have been added to a 'user' folder instead.

Druzhina
    Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

I have looked thoroughly through the user folders to find nothing. I did try to run the software as administrator and it did not work. I am the only user for the computer. Do I need to change all permissions for every folder?

I know the vioces aren't real Member Gigantus's Avatar

"Virtual Store" is the magic word. It's a hidden folder designed to protect installations in the 'program files' folder. That's where you will find your files.