Thread: Its so close...so very close now.....

Default Its so close...so very close now.....

Been waiting for this mod to come out for years now. I use to check it now and again when I would get bored just to see how things were going. There were times when i thought it would never come out. There were times when I thought if it did come out it wouldn't be the same quality as EB1. But I waited and returned to check on it none the less. Months went by. Then years. I waited patiently. Then as more and more information began to come out i found myself checking the site monthly again. Then weekly. Then daily. Now I check it a few times a day and it seems all my years of patience have left me as the reality of release sets in. I know this has been a labor of love and the people who contributed to this mod must feel like proud fathers who have waited the due time to see their child come into the world. Wow. I know I already said it once but thank you guys again. I sit here holding vigil as well to welcome your creation into the world. As I think of my Sweboz campaign to come my mind is restless as the tribes themselves and I listen to Helvegen to pass this watch until the appointed time.

"Cattle die,
    kinsmen die,
    you yourself will die,
    but there is one that never dies,
    the reputation of he who has died"
    - Havamal -- The High Ones Speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_QyIeklha8
    Last edited by Skald; 08-14-2014 at 03:09.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Default Re: Its so close...so very close now.....

You speak for us all.

More or less. I think the only time I spent more than a day without checking was when I was cycling from London to Edinburgh. Even then I thought of EB as I sat eating breakfast looking out toward Lindisfarne.
    This year I'm just riding around Kent a bit. Can we avoid releasing right at the end of August please? It would ruin my holiday no end.
    Last edited by Maeran; 08-14-2014 at 01:13. Reason: forgot how to spell Edinburoghogh

Member thankful for this post:

I've been checking too, ever since it was announced. I followed the development of EB1 (and even did some very very very very very very VERY minor little things to help out... nothing worth being credited for, just tedious collecting of coordinates for each city and stuff like that) and I was playing the first EB1 build on the day it came out way back in 2006 or 2007... played every build since and played EB1 for thousands of hours over all these years.

So yeah, been waiting for EB2 ever since it was announced. I used to check every day for so long, then I would check once a month, then I would check once every few months and now I'm back to checking every day. For the last few weeks I've been checking 4 or 5 times a day, everytime I switch my PC on.
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

Same here my friend I hope its soon.

Time is ticking for me as well. If it is not released in 5 days, I'll have to wait till February to play EB2. Such is life