Thread: CIV: Beyond Earth coming in October.

Default CIV: Beyond Earth coming in October.

If this thing is even half as good as the original Alpha Centauri, then it's a day one purchase for me.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default Re: CIV: Beyond Earth coming in October.

I may pick this up if the Mobius crew decide to do some multiplayer with it, but I will otherwise just get it in a sale, since other currencies get it at least 25% cheaper(Russians get it 50% cheaper). I know there is VAT in that, but it still rips me off.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This looks a lot like Civ5 in Space. I guess if that is your cup of tea, then get it.

I will probably be waiting on a good sale.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    This looks a lot like Civ5 in Space. I guess if that is your cup of tea, then get it.
    All depends of how many features from Alpha Centauri it's going to incorporate (the more the better). Alpha Centauri imho is still the best game made by Firaxis with Civ 4 and X-Com not too far behind.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

All feels a bit too much like the movie industry to me these days with everyone simply recycling stuff.