Thread: Attention EBII Team...

Default Attention EBII Team...

I had to make this post to you guys after reading some of the comments on different forums about the delay for EBII release. Seems like there are a ridiculously vocal whiny and disrespectful group of people over at the Total War Center, Facebook and even here, that feel they are entitled to this mod though they have not paid for supported or contributed to it in any way shape or form...and to be honest its pissing me off. These are probably the same spoiled kids that are disrespectful to their parents who give them everything for free or general douche bags as adults. I'm getting off topic here. Please ...please do not listen to this vocal minority guys. There are plenty more of us who will never post and you will never know we existed but thank you so very much and appreciate all the hard years of effort you have put into this. Please don't take the words of a few impatient people to be the thoughts or general feeling about what you have given us here. For the people out there upset about the delay in release? Some of us have been waiting years for this mod. A few more days will not kill you. Please also keep in mind you did not pre-purchase this mod. You have not invested or lost a single dime waiting for it to be released and guess what no one owes you anything. Learn to give respect to those who share a gift with you that they do not have to. They do not get paid for this. They are not a game developer although they damn well could be. If you are not a fan of the mod that's fine move on nothing to see here. If you are full of excitement and cant wait to try it out? Exercise some patience and thank the people who just gave you an early Christmas gift. Thank you EBII team all of you.
    Last edited by Skald; 08-24-2014 at 10:03.

Members thankful for this post (18):

+ Show/Hide List

Default Re: Attention EBII Team...

I have to say I was (not unpleasently) surprised when I went to the TW center and saw how calm it is here in comparison. I'm very eagerly waiting myself, but I absolutely support Skalds statement. Take all the time you need,! The game will be great and you put an incredible amount of effort and free time in it. it would be a shame to spoil this with an overhasty release full of bugs. We want to fully appreciate what you did and if this takes a few more days, so be it! We love you nonetheless!

Member thankful for this post:

Moros 

I second that.
    We waited so long, a few more days/weeks wouldn't kill us.

Honestly, I didn't think that the type of person who would whine about this, is someone who would appreciate this kind of mod anyway.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Well said OP. I personally haven't seen any of these posts you talked about but I agree.
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

Moros 

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

100% support. Take an example of Rome 2, that game looked like a beta on release and still hasn't been fully patched up today. Don't let a deadline devaluate something which is the follow-up of the best free computer game in the world IMHO.

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Moros 

I agree with the above but haven't seen anything on this forum which is why I like to hang out here.

Moros 

There are always some idiots who are too full of themselves - "I was just expressing myself" - no one cares about you or how you wish to express what you consider your "self". Just shut up and stop whining.

Can everybody just take it easy? Whiners are not that big a deal anyway... and I guess it's a package deal... like most things in life.
    The team seems to be taking it easy. The mod is for everyone to enjoy, but the team members are doing it for their own private reasons (and each one probably have their own set).
    And why are some people on about money? Some things can't be bought anyway.
    So don't sweat the small stuff... or people.
    Last edited by kdrakak; 08-24-2014 at 16:59.
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Members thankful for this post (4):

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

I can't speak for everyone on the team, but it is nice to read statements like these. We *know* the majority of you are grateful and willing to wait. But it really is annoying to view some of the posts I've seen over at TWC, which are the epitome of entitlement and disrespect. You do have to wonder what sort of person thinks that's acceptable behaviour.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Members thankful for this post (4):

I guess this will make me a troll but I just had a look at twcenter and I have to say I noticed it smelled and was badly decorated. Not trying to be nasty but it did.

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

@OP:
    Completely agreed. You just precisely nailed it. Perhaps one has to have experienced the "pre-internet" days to remember that there was a thing called "social skills" once. A very important thing because if you hadn't manners you were in for a fist in the face, if unlucky. Now everyone can just hide behind his screen and act like a douchebag without any consequences.

@ EB Team:
    Don't want to start a new thread for this, fits here as well, anyway: I just read the list of "non-bugs". And to be honest - if these things re the worst bugs we may run into while playing the first release - well, then you just gave the term "bug-free" a whole new meaning. And proved (yet again) that every day of the last last 7 and a half years was well worth the wait.

And now - back to "crossing fingers" mode.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 08-24-2014 at 20:55.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Moros 

Yeah for real thanks for this awesome game. Having a new EB website will be awesome too. Thanks again!!!!

ps I really did read more history after agreeing to on the previous ones install lol thanks again =)

Moros 

Quote Originally Posted by J5298333 View Post
    Yeah for real thanks for this awesome game. Having a new EB website will be awesome too. Thanks again!!!!

ps I really did read more history after agreeing to on the previous ones install lol thanks again =)
    So did I. I was always interested in history but the amazing unit and building descriptions in EB, and being able to listen to that lovely calm ancient-sounding music as I read them, brought my imagination to life like never before. I've consumed so many books on ancient history since then (I downloaded it the day the first build was released just like I will with EB2) that I can't even count. I usually read one a week or one a fortnight.
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

Moros 

Fully support the OP statement.

More than happy to wait until team are happy to release it

Moros 

I couldn't agree more with any part of what is being said here in this thread. I think it's important for people to realize that EBII, like many (but not all) other things, is a quality product. Things that are really good tend to be worth the wait, and the more time that a community anticipates the release and the more effort the team puts into making the product (if this mod can be properly called a "product") then the more sweet and breathtaking the release will be.

Plus, this benefits me in one way, since I'll be away from my pc for a significant amount of time b/c of college, my lack of playing any form of EB will be somewhat justified.

Moros 

I just registered here from TWC to thank the OP for speaking up for the quieter, more respectful 99% of EB fans. I remember playing the first release of EB years ago--the game basically sparked my interest in antiquity. I minored in Greek more or less because of EB! The devs deserve nothing but respect and gratitude.

Moros