Thread: Take My Money!

Default Take My Money!

Hi EB Team,

I have yet to play EB2 and I know the team has never once panhandled for donations. That being said I would like to donate and to encourage everyone else to donate if for nothing else at least to allow the team to meet in person and have the interwebz buy everyone from the team a round.

Thoughts?

Gracious fan,
    skuzzy
    I'm Batman!

Default Re: Take My Money!

I totally would. I'm not sure how legal it would be though since CA/SEGA/whoever might sue them for making money from their intellectual property.
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

We use donations only for our website hosting(and bandwitdh).
    That's how we used donations in the past and it hasn't changed.

The only thing that may change is using those funds to also purchase assets that we may need for future releases.
    Like we did(out of our own pocket) with the new vegetation.

So many thanks to all our thanks for keeping the webiste allive so many years!

Actually, we have sort of "panhandled" for donations in the sense that when we were some ways into the red, we posted a specific message asking fans to help us get balanced. I think this has happened 3 times over the many years, but I may be forgetting some instances. Fans have been very good at supporting us in need.

To be absolutely clear, the donations never go to any individual team member's household budget.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Rather than have certain people scour the forums for the information, could you do a quick repost on how to donate?
    I'm Batman!

Yes please do. If money is required for programs and so forth to continue working on the mod I'll be more than happy to donate some. I paid £30 for Rome 2 which I played for 10 hours and will never play again, I can easily donate the same for this mod which I'll be playing every other day for the remainder of my life (which should be around 50-years, provided I don't get impaled by frozen pee jettisoned from a passenger jet at 40,000 feet).
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

Member thankful for this post:

You go to the EB website and click the donation button. That is, you would do that when the website isn't gasping for air, and will actually load...

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Hopefully we can pay for some oxygen, eventually. :)
    I'm Batman!

It's down near the bottom of the page, by the way, under the headline "Support us by donating".

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by I_damian View Post
    (which should be around 50-years, provided I don't get impaled by frozen pee jettisoned from a passenger jet at 40,000 feet).
    Well that's a random thought isn't it.