Thread: Question on regional buildings :)

Default Question on regional buildings :)

Hey all, first off thank you for the excellent release, so far it looks very polished and lovely - maybe not worth every minute of the 7-year agonizing wait but close

My only technical issue was the launcher not being able to start the game (using steam version, no idea what the issue is) but making a .bat file with 'start kingdoms.exe @mods\EBII\EBII.cfg' worked perfectly.

That said, I started a game as Rome for my first playthrough and I think I am getting a hang of it so far, loving what I see. But I am very confused about the regional buildings, are they explained anywhere? It seems quite changed from EB1. I assume the 'allied city state' is the same as in EB1, the italian allies one seems to be the level 2 regional. So far so good.

I conquered the first barbarian settlement in northern italy, built the roman pacification building and.. now what? The description says to upgrade as soon as possible, but the only four things I can build are (iirc) walls, port, river port and small market.

Should I destroy the pacification building and just build allied state? Help ^^

Default Re: Question on regional buildings :)

From what I can gather (and I could be totally wrong) there is no longer multiple buildings for government types, it's one long building string. So the first building in the string is the basic pacification like you mentioned, then at the next level of population (when you upgrade your city) you can build the next one, at which point the city has progressed to an allied state, and so on and so on until you eventually reach full citizenship. I'm guessing you won't be able to reach full citizenship though if, say, you as Rome conquered a far-flung province... like in EB1 you would be restricted to only type 3 or 4 government in these provinces, in EB2 I imagine you won't be able to build too far up the government building chain.

...right?

Like I say though, this is just from what I gathered from 3 hours of playing. I might be totally wrong... I haven't read every building description yet. I've mostly been too busy reading those beautiful region descriptions that every province has. Some of them are as long as a book!
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

So basically I just need to grow the city bigger before I can build the next building in the chain?

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Yep, Cisalpine Gallia can be turned into a province by building "province" building in the Roman administration chain, but for that you need to wait until it grows to large town size. If the basic option (military occupation) seems unattractive for a prolonged period of time, feel free to construct "Allied state" instead. That will at least allow some Celtic regionals if you are into it. Just roleplay the situation and have fun. There is little "right" or "wrong" in EB, we tried to provide a lot of different options and just do what you feel like doing.

Speaking of which I am a little confused about the camp and city lines in my sweboz campiagn. Are we intended (and is it even possible) to choose which line we are going to develop such as the camp line or the city line? Or is that a part of the nature of the regions population and dictates what we can build there? Sorry if this is obvious but im a little slow help me out guys.

Never mind I just checked again and I figured it out...told you im a bit slow lol.
    Last edited by Skald; 08-26-2014 at 01:31.