Thread: Temples and trade

Default Temples and trade

I'm taking a look at the temples section in the export_descr_buildings file because I wanted some quantified number on how much of a bonus various temples give for trade. However all the temples at their highest level seem to have a "trade_base_bonus bonus -2". Am I supposed to take this as temples hurt trade? Other buildings such as docks give a positive number which makes sense as to their function, so I was wondering if this was on purpose or not. Thanks.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 08-26-2014 at 01:56.

Default Re: Temples and trade

I do not know the rationale for the negative impact on trade, but that is what it means, yes.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Consider these the costs or running these large temple complexes. Either directly by yourself or by tithes that do not become taxes.

Member thankful for this post:

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Exactly - it is a sort of upkeep for the building representing the ostentatious consumption and lavish show off wealth that went into these in RL in antiquity as well as to mitigate a little the snowballing gameplay problem when large factions virtually swim in cash.

The bigger the temple, the greedier and more corrupt the priests become.