Thread: Are some factions more fleshed out than others?

Default Are some factions more fleshed out than others?

Should I leave any factions until a further update as they are lacking a few units at present?

Please let me know if you know.

Thanks

Default Re: Are some factions more fleshed out than others?

I think most factions are lacking mid-late game units. I believe the Romans have units up to and including the Polybian reform. To be honest though, how often do you/did you make it past 100 years (400 turns) in EB1? I personally never made it further than 200 BC as by that time I was itching to experience a new faction and fresh start!
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

Lost between books & coins Member DeathFinger's Avatar

All included factions are playable with their actual units roster. Some will have a pretty different late game with furter releases but still, no faction is to leave to the AI.

That being said, for exampe, if you cannot live without some kind of kataphraktoi, better avoid nomadic factions for now

Thanks! That is all good as I have only rarely got past 200 bc and nomad factions are my least favourite so can wait.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFinger View Post
    That being said, for exampe, if you cannot live without some kind of kataphraktoi, better avoid nomadic factions for now
    The Kataphrakts made in though.

Member thankful for this post:

Only the Parthians have true cataphract cavalry so far. There are more cataphract-style units planned for the second release, though.

Quote Originally Posted by I_damian View Post
    I think most factions are lacking mid-late game units. I believe the Romans have units up to and including the Polybian reform. To be honest though, how often do you/did you make it past 100 years (400 turns) in EB1? I personally never made it further than 200 BC as by that time I was itching to experience a new faction and fresh start!
    The polybian reforms made it into the first release??? I'm not able to start playing EBII until in a few days from now, so I'm obsessively browsing the forums to find out as much as i can. >__<
    Last edited by Paltmull; 08-27-2014 at 09:04.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    The polybian reforms made it into the first release??!! I'm not able to start playing EBII until in a few days from now, so I'm obsessively browsing the forums to find out as much as i can. >__<
    Polybian reforms are in, but we are using mostly restatted Camillan placeholders at the time being. Only Polybian Hastati are currently in, but Polybian Principes are being made by our talented unit artist Nazgool as we speak.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI Eupator View Post
    Polybian reforms are in, but we are using mostly restatted Camillan placeholders at the time being. Only Polybian Hastati are currently in, but Polybian Principes are being made by our talented unit artist Nazgool as we speak.
    I see! I'm probably gonna wait playing as the Romans until the next release then; which is hardly a problem since I'm super excited to try out most of the other factions anyway.
    Last edited by Paltmull; 08-27-2014 at 09:14.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: