Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Government monitoring Twitter

Default Re: Government monitoring Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    By the same token, there's no need to call adaptive motor-planning "decision-making", as the concept denoted is a hallmark of outdated mentalism, and it consists of some sort of ethereal discontinuity within the process that simply does not exist.
    But again, that is quite distinct from the concept of instinct.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Now this has entered the world of semantics.

No.

I took your use of "instinctinvely" to signify something which cannot be changed, ie. "genetically programmed". The action you described is not of that category.

Primitive reflexes are distinct from instincts because they are lost after a certain period of time, btw. If adults also suckled whenever something grazed their mouths, we would have had instincts.
    Last edited by HoreTore; 08-29-2014 at 09:33. Reason: grammar nazi

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Now this has entered the world of semantics.

You say that as though semiology and ontogeny aren't engaged in the same inquiry.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

So... I heard the government is monitoring Twitter?

Like, wazup wiv dat?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    So... I heard the government is monitoring Twitter?

Like, wazup wiv dat?
    Sorry, but US political correctness monitors will have to fine you for your poor communication choice. Speech characterizable as urban African-American dialect is not permissible to Austro-Swedes. You will simple have to continue to endure the unbearable being of whiteness.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (2):

LOL!!

That was just my way of

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    Still not sure why anyone would care if the government is monitoring twitter. Its a website based around the concept of attention-whoring. Come on, man.
    Not like they would gain any information, right? Just make them go brain-dead that much faster. But no, the fear is that if the government goes totalitarian (and some are trying, now for a new uproar), they will take those who have posted what they call insurrection and put them away. Or what they call racism, or hate speech, or you name it. That is the fear, and it is not totally groundless.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Butler View Post
    But no, the fear is that if the government goes totalitarian
    Indeed, there are several loonies in the US who wants to rule by the bible, which is the first example of totalitarian rule in the world(the Anabaptist in a german town I can't remember the name of right now).

....not to mention that in the minds of these 'champions of free speech', being rightly called a racist hick is the same as living in North Korea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123